Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why is thier no trading post in this game

(NSW)TheFrontz

i just dont get this this game has been out for as long as it has and thier is no trading post i have been sitting here for weeks with a ton of prime parts trying to trade them no one wants to buy from me or trade with me for them i just went to the maroo's baazar and thier was like 20+ people just sitting thier hands raised trying to trade thier has to be a better way to do this why cant thier be a place to put an item up for trade for platinum or a different item to get can someone explain why the trading post isnt a thing in this game i mean trading face to face is good to have to but this game could really use a trading post

ok so you don't want a Trading Post (since that already exists), you're referring to an automated Player Trading market of some sort.

highly presumably, the game doesn't offer one because of trying to avoid dramatically inflating the costs of everything in the game to compensate for automated Trading.
"but but, the game doesn't have to do that!!!" well, every Video Game that has automated Trading already has made that compensation. you gotta remember those other games that have automated Trading, 99.99% of items in the game are completely worthless, and only new items that also have obnoxiously low 'Droprates' have any value.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

i just dont get this this game has been out for as long as it has and thier is no trading post i have been sitting here for weeks with a ton of prime parts trying to trade them no one wants to buy from me or trade with me for them i just went to the maroo's baazar and thier was like 20+ people just sitting thier hands raised trying to trade thier has to be a better way to do this why cant thier be a place to put an item up for trade for platinum or a different item to get can someone explain why the trading post isnt a thing in this game i mean trading face to face is good to have to but this game could really use a trading post

You took the effort to ask the question and type the thread, but not to use basic search functions?

2 hours ago, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

I guarantee you are over pricing your "ton" of prime parts. A trading post won't help that. Most prime parts, even valuted ones, have parts that sell at 10p-20p. Often there is only 1 part worth more. Volt parts, 10p each but neuro can sell 40p-80p. Ash parts 10p each but systems can sell 50-100p. Vectis parts 10p-15p each but receiver can sell 50-100p.

Since you play on Switch, you might get slightly more. Look online to see the highest costing part of a set. Sell any other parts 10p-20p.

If you are still not sure,  post a few "wtb" for the item you want to sell so you can see what others are charging. Then post yours cheaper than the average price. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

If you are still not sure,  post a few "wtb" for the item you want to sell so you can see what others are charging. Then post yours cheaper than the average price. 

That is actively wasting peoples time and will make some people block you.  This is why "pc" (price check) exists.  If you aren't willing to buy, then don't say you are.

• Like 1

I've always wanted one of these things in game too.  Reading through this one person said that trading houses would inflate prices and that's just not how would work... if You have a dozens people all trying to sell the same thing prices go down that's just how economies work.  Trading house system in game would increase participation supplies would go up prices would go down.

A decrease in prices is typically the reason why many players are against this type of thing.  I particularly hate haggling with people but some people love it.  With the trading house system haggling isn't as much of an issue when you have dozens of people selling the same thing and it's easily accessible.

Warframe market is fairly close and is helpful but not everyone knows about it so doesn't have quite the same impact.  I never sell anything in Warframe but if I ever do buy anything it's always through Warframe market.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

One of the best things about this game is that platinum is tradeable. Even if you dont "like" trading it means that things there is a path available besides "whip out your credit card" for things like deluxe skins and weapon slots. It, in my opinion, makes this game feel a lot less "stingy" than it would otherwise feel.

But heres the deal. Making selling things like for example, condition overload, as passive as putting the item for sale in an ingame "auction house" or whatever you want to call it would drive down the price. Of everything. A lot. You wouldn't just be making it easier to sell YOUR copy of condition overload but youd be making it easier for everyone in the entire game to sell theres. Instead of having to just compete with whoever else has one for sale, and is online sitting in trade chat trying to sell it, at any given time, actually spending time trying to sell it, youd be competing possibly with everyone who has a copy period online or not.

The demand would effectively not change while the supply would effectively increase significantly. Youd see prices go down SIGNIFICANTLY, and some people might think that would be a good thing but they'd realize they're wrong as soon as they figure out coming up with 160~ plat for a deluxe skin, maybe a few hundred for a vaulted frame they dont have, or even a few weapon slots all of a sudden got much more difficult... unless they're actually willing to buy the plat.

3 hours ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

That is actively wasting peoples time and will make some people block you.  This is why "pc" (price check) exists.  If you aren't willing to buy, then don't say you are.

Meh. I doubt it. You post "wtb literally anything" and chances are you'll get messages from most people. They wouldn't know if you were actually just price checking or if someone gave you a better offer.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

I've always wanted one of these things in game too.  Reading through this one person said that trading houses would inflate prices and that's just not how would work... if You have a dozens people all trying to sell the same thing prices go down that's just how economies work.  Trading house system in game would increase participation supplies would go up prices would go down.

A decrease in prices is typically the reason why many players are against this type of thing.  I particularly hate haggling with people but some people love it.  With the trading house system haggling isn't as much of an issue when you have dozens of people selling the same thing and it's easily accessible.

Warframe market is fairly close and is helpful but not everyone knows about it so doesn't have quite the same impact.  I never sell anything in Warframe but if I ever do buy anything it's always through Warframe market.

See above. Warframe market is the closest you're likely ever going to get for that reason.

One of the best things about this game is that plat is tradeable and can be "earned" through trades with other players. Skins, color pallets, slots, etc dont seem as "stingy" as they would be because they can be "earned" without you having to pay money for them.  The prices for all the things direct from DE wouldn't change.

Youd be screwing a lot of players.

3 hours ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

Because when "pc" is used, almost always you get zero response. If you do get a single response, it's from someone who don't know anything about prices usually wanting to have a conversation. 

If you block a person because they don't buy your item, oh well so what? Many people post "wtb" and don't buy the first thing offered.  No way for you to know thier intention plus that person will still see your post if they want something you have. You're still gonna trade with someone you blocked. . .

The most effective and efficient way to get a "pc" is to use "wtb" instead.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Meh. I doubt it. You post "wtb literally anything" and chances are you'll get messages from most people. They wouldn't know if you were actually just price checking or if someone gave you a better offer.

Exactly this.  It's the best way to get easy plat fast for items you want to sell.  Just sell lower than the offers you receive. 

48 minutes ago, (XB1)Phantom Clip said:

If you block a person because they don't buy your item, oh well so what?

No you block them because they either respond saying they didn't actually want to buy, or they don't respond at all which can be deemed as rude.  They're either liars or they're subjectively rude.  Either way I would put them on my ignore list because neither are the type of people I want to do business with.  Most of the time I see people asking for a pc on a riven, at which point if it's on a forum I would send them the semlar riven trade data link so they can figure it out themselves and never have to ask for a riven pc again.  Sending that link through in-game chat is a nuisance because it means they have to actively type the link out if they want to go to it.  In this case my explanation of what the link is might mean the entire msg is ignored because the other person sees something other than just a platinum number and thinks I'm "wanting to have a conversation".

11 hours ago, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

Ok first off, most people never go to Maroo's to trade. Clan dojos are a lot cleaner and easier because you don't have a pile of randoms all trying to block your way to force a trade. 

Second, if you think Maroo's is a good place to trade, you probably don't have anything that we don't already own. In this game there is no reason to own multiple versions of most items. So why would I buy what you're selling? The only thing that comes to mind, is prime junk. 

Sure you only get a tiny bit of plat per item, but you get it fast, and can use the time saved to play the game. I'd advise you to only sell the low ducat value and keep the 100 ducat items as they tend to be more rare and can usually be sold for a more reasonable amount of plat. 

Third, as everyone else is saying having an in house automated trade system will probably do terrible things to the economy. That would be like shooting yourself (and everyone else) in the foot. 

• Like 1

Initially I think it was more because it was a lot of extra work and they just didn't want to be bothered. Now I honestly don't think the in game economy (or lack there of) would survive a cohesive system. While it is kinda not the best that we as players need to turn to third party systems, it's probably all we can expect. 

10 hours ago, seprent said:

Also chat filters are a thing really helps cut down the breakneck speed Trade chat goes at 

Ever heard of "browsing"? Maybe someone just wants to look around and see if there is something they like and could spare a few plat because, why not? Not even superman could keep up with trade channel scrolling speed.

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Ok first off, most people never go to Maroo's to trade. Clan dojos are a lot cleaner and easier because you don't have a pile of randoms all trying to block your way to force a trade. 

Second, if you think Maroo's is a good place to trade, you probably don't have anything that we don't already own. In this game there is no reason to own multiple versions of most items. So why would I buy what you're selling? The only thing that comes to mind, is prime junk. 

Sure you only get a tiny bit of plat per item, but you get it fast, and can use the time saved to play the game. I'd advise you to only sell the low ducat value and keep the 100 ducat items as they tend to be more rare and can usually be sold for a more reasonable amount of plat. 

Third, as everyone else is saying having an in house automated trade system will probably do terrible things to the economy. That would be like shooting yourself (and everyone else) in the foot. 

Upvoted even if I don't agree with last part. Economy in this game is rotten to the bloody core it would actually be a good thing to "do terrible things" to it. Everything else is gospel

Edited by Olphalarepth

don't need one when u got trade chat.......and ur probably trying to sell trash items, that's why u can't sell......and dont' think posting something is gonna sell as soons as u hit the enter button, it can take days and u gotta be extremely patient....

And wut would u expect from a trading post? u think u'll dump a boat load of trash in it and think it will magically draw players to it and make a lot of sales?/ lol.....nope

If wut u have isn't selling, then a trading post isn't gonna sell it either.....

It's fine with wut we have.....

Because DE doesn't want one, that's why. Their reason is, at least to me, fairly obvious. They want us buying plat with real money, not earning it in game. Well, at least not quickly and easily.

Personally I wish there was an AH. I get maybe 8-10 hours a week to play games and during that time I want to play, not sell. So DE's strategy works on me. 

1 hour ago, Olphalarepth said:

Ever heard of "browsing"? Maybe someone just wants to look around and see if there is something they like and could spare a few plat because, why not? Not even superman could keep up with trade channel scrolling speed.

That's what the filter is for. You put in the one or two items that you are interested in getting, and from that point all that shows up are the messages that include the terms you put in. 

That drastically reduces the number of lines that get sent to the screen per minute, and you can just engage in some fashion frame or something until you get a few lines so that you can judge the WTB/WTS prices. 

This lets you set a realistic price point for your offers, but double checking the prices on warframe.market for your platform is still a good idea. Based on the information you are going to be able to make reasonable offers, that are more likely to result in rapid and successful offers of trade. 

Upvoted even if I don't agree with last part. Economy in this game is rotten to the bloody core it would actually be a good thing to "do terrible things" to it. Everything else is gospel

Well the last part is the logical conclusion of what started in the second. The lack of enforced demand (we buy/build most things once and keep them forever, no repair or replacement needed) means that demand for most items is far less than the supply. Any basic level economics textbook will tell you that such a combination means that prices for such items will plummet. Most items will effectively become prime junk in a very short time. In the real world, demand gradually goes back up due to wear and tear and the need to replace old or broken items. In warframe.... not so much. 

13 minutes ago, 3rdpig said:

Because DE doesn't want one, that's why. Their reason is, at least to me, fairly obvious. They want us buying plat with real money, not earning it in game. Well, at least not quickly and easily.

Personally I wish there was an AH. I get maybe 8-10 hours a week to play games and during that time I want to play, not sell. So DE's strategy works on me. 

Doesn't make any sense. The plat that you trade for didn't magically come into existence. Someone bought it. 

But there are lots of examples of stuff going wrong with auction houses in other games. Even in games where the economy is better suited to such a system than warframe is. 

16 hours ago, (NSW)TheFrontz said:

i just dont get this this game has been out for as long as it has and thier is no trading post.....

1. Should an automated one be created, it will create a lot of power creap because more powerful stuff will be more readily available.

2. you'll piss off the riven mafia.

The game isn't remotely designed to support an auction house.

If you look at any other game with one you'll find that they have multiple resource sinks and incentives to constantly farm and grind out areas of the game far more than we have (rng loot, stat rolls, >0.01% drop rates, etc). These games often have functional economies with supply and demand of resources and finished products and consumable resources which are mandatory for their content.

While here we have a painfully finite use for every tradable resource with no restrictions on how much of a stockpile we can form for each of these. Eventually an auction house here would be filled with more supply than the entire community could have a demand for which would destroy prices, plat farming, and a primary incentive to play for a lot of people.

We're only able to avoid this issue currently because the effort and forced interaction of the current system is enough to discourage most people from using the system at all or at least regularly.