Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The corpus secret lab amalgam mod drops might possibly be re-bugged again. Bug report video presented as possible evidence to suggest (got mod drop, but received Hexenon instead (PC ver 25.8.1.1)

BlindStalker

Video bug report below (the video is only about 1 minute long and very short and easily sums up what makes me think that the amalgam mod drops from the secret corpus labs is bugged. In brief, With my beloved Ivara, we clearly prowled a mod drop but received hexanon instead. We think the amalgam mod drops are bugged again).

Text summary:

The special mods (Kavat's Grace, Gale Kick, Anti-Grav Array, and Odomedic) that can only drop from Amalgam enemies (Amalgam Arca Kucumatz, Amalgam Cinder Machinist, Amalgam Arca Heqet, Amalgam Phase MOA, Amalgam Swarm Satyr) that spawn in the Corpus secret labs might be re-bugged, again. Video was recorded on 2019-10-15 on current PC build of Warframe (ver. 25.8.1.1). I have been trying to farm for these mods recently through several runs. But, I still have not received any of these mods after multiple tries. However, I noticed something very odd/buggy during one run. Ivara prowled a mod drop from one of the Amalgam enemies, but received Hexenon instead of a mod drop (it was clearly a mod drop as shown in my video). I am guessing/theorizing that one of the recent updates (maybe hotfix 25 0.8(?)) possibly re-bugged the code for the drop chance of these mods and that they are no longer dropping correctly (it might accidentally be dropping hexenon instead maybe(?)). Regardless of whether I'm right or wrong, I humbly ask if DE's developers could please check and test that the Amalgam mods are legitimately dropping correctly from their respective enemies. Me and several others have reported findings that suggest that the Amalgam mod drops are re-bugged... again.

I am sorry about the ping @[DE]Tweep  but I just wanted to draw your attention to this matter, since I've seen you actually respond to these bug reports which gives us a clear idea (as a community) of when DE becomes aware of a bug. Its also a bit pressing because, besides me, others as well were under the impression that the recent addition of the 'Mod Drop Chance' booster would've aided us in the farm for these special amalgam mods. But if the drop chance or drop tables of these secret amalgam enemies has been bugged for this entire time, then it would feel like we've wasted a horrendous amount of time as players trying to farm mods that we could never get in the first place. I humbly present my bug report video to please warrant if DE's developers could check and test that the amalgam mods (Kavat's Grace, Gale Kick, Anti-Grav Array, and Odomedic) are in-fact legitimately dropping from the secret amalgam enemies. Please DE.

Spoiler

Others have reported on the Warframe sub-reddit that the drops for amalgam mods feel bugged too.

Edited by BlindStalker
  • Like 2

Hey BlindStalkerThe issue you can see in the video was that Hexagon and Orokin Cells had the wrong item type for the Amalgam enemies, in cases like this the drop will use the generic mod drop model.

In the next Hotfix Hexagon and Orokin Cells will have the correct drop model for the Amalgam enemies. 

• Like 2

I was curious last night with this from all of the posts since I still have some time on the booster. Granted I have some of the mods after the initial fix from the mods never dropping on release. However after about an hour last night of quick capture missions. Not a single one of these mods dropped. Was trying to record the drop of one to prove people wrong, but it never happened so I just went to bed instead. Starting to have doubts also that the drops are working the way it's supposed to.

1 hour ago, [DE]Saske said:

Hey BlindStalkerThe issue you can see in the video was that Hexagon and Orokin Cells had the wrong item type for the Amalgam enemies, in cases like this the drop will use the generic mod drop model.

In the next Hotfix Hexagon and Orokin Cells will have the correct drop model for the Amalgam enemies. 

Hello Saske, thank you for the quick reply. I just wanted to ask about a bit of follow-up and clarification/confirmation about this issue. So I understand that the drop model being used by the Hexanon and Orokin cells were using the generic mod drop model and that this will be fixed in the next update. But my main concern: Can DE confirm that the special amalgam mods are legitimately dropping from amalgam enemies spawned in the secret labs (in the current build of Warframe v25.8.1.1)? I am uncertain if your reply is a confirmation, if I have misunderstood, please clarify for me.

It has been growing concern from many players (including me and others in this thread) questioning whether these mods are still dropping in our current build of the game because many have gone through multiple runs (even hundreds) and still have not received any of these mods as of recently in-game. 

More reports that I wanted to highlight as well with similar findings:

And of course in my OP I had linked the reddit post (in spoiler tag) where others have commented similar findings of doing many runs but still not receiving these mods. May I please ask for confirmation that the amalgam mods are still dropping?

Edited by BlindStalker
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, [DE]Saske said:

160 Amalgam killed in secret lab and doesn't give additional item

47 minutes ago, --Brandt-- said:

I was curious last night with this from all of the posts since I still have some time on the booster. Granted I have some of the mods after the initial fix from the mods never dropping on release. However after about an hour last night of quick capture missions. Not a single one of these mods dropped. Was trying to record the drop of one to prove people wrong, but it never happened so I just went to bed instead. Starting to have doubts also that the drops are working the way it's supposed to.

From last saturday with nekros desecrate, tigris, drop mod chance booster, 0 item additional

Edited by (PS4)Menego_Maistro

While you're 'fixing' whatever the issue is with regards to the drops of the mods (I haven't seen any either), any chance they can get a drop chance buff while you're at it.  Even if they're not bugged (still think the mods just aren't dropping) the drop chance is stupidly low. 

Edited by LSG501

19 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

While you're 'fixing' whatever the issue is with regards to the drops of the mods (I haven't seen any either), any chance they can get a drop chance buff while you're at it.  Even if they're not bugged (still think the mods just aren't dropping) the drop chance is stupidly low. 

There was that patch note where at release week, they supposedly had a 50% drop rate, but were reduced to 7% and put in the rarer drop chance. With how uncommon those enemies are - only in those labs - that could be helping them not drop if its not akin to the Chesa Kubrow situation.

3 hours ago, [DE]Saske said:

Hey Tenno! Digging a bit deeper to see if the Amalgam special mods stopped dropping again. We do not have a timeline for a fix but we are investigating.

Thank you Saske for the reply! We greatly appreciate the investigation. Please update us later with the conclusions of the investigation, many cheers!

i been farming it today for a whole day because i got a mod drop chance booster from sortie ~ and i experience the same thing my ivara prowled mod then it did not show up on the mission result... i was not convince so i continue farming until i found a rare caches that i picked up and it shows a 30minute credit booster on my screen. but when i extract it did not turn up on the mission result. i am very sure the gas city is bugged. hope that i found this topic sooner, wasted a whole day.

On 2019-10-16 at 5:47 PM, [DE]Saske said:

Hey Tenno! Digging a bit deeper to see if the Amalgam special mods stopped dropping again. We do not have a timeline for a fix but we are investigating.

Is there an update on this? I would like to get some confirmation before my clanmates and I give up and take the L on our ducat loss from these mod boosters.

Hotfix hit, I just did 5-6 runs, picked up Orokins cells, I am not sure if the Developers understand the problem we are reporting. Orokin cells SHOULD NOT DROP on Jupiter. fixing their drop symbol is not the issue. The issue is the MODs that drop from the Hidden/secret Labs are NOT dropping. 

Edited by Tipperty

After the hotfix today, I did about 30 minutes of labs. While that's not nearly enough to confirm that the mods still aren't dropping, I'm not going to waste any more of my time testing something that's probably still broken. I've already put in hours of lab grind in the previous hotfix, as have many others. And I certainly don't need orokin cells or hexanon.

11 hours ago, Tipperty said:

Hotfix hit, I just did 5-6 runs, picked up Orokins cells, I am not sure if the Developers understand the problem we are reporting. Orokin cells SHOULD NOT DROP on Jupiter. fixing their drop symbol is not the issue. The issue is the MODs that drop from the Hidden/secret Labs are NOT dropping. 

This is normal, as all Amalgams (Normal, Demolyst, Sentient) have a microscopic chance of dropping an Orokin Cell.
ybEQU6R.png

But in any case, as of Hotfix 25.82, the special Amalgam mods are still bugged. Just like my other post, the mod is dropping (marks as "Module"), but nothing is actually gained from it. Here's a recording done just a few moments ago:

5 hours ago, Xandis said:

This is normal, as all Amalgams (Normal, Demolyst, Sentient) have a microscopic chance of dropping an Orokin Cell.
ybEQU6R.png

But in any case, as of Hotfix 25.82, the special Amalgam mods are still bugged. Just like my other post, the mod is dropping (marks as "Module"), but nothing is actually gained from it. Here's a recording done just a few moments ago:

Ah, I was going by the star chart loot drops, then I guess that also needs to be updated. However I would like to see the mods drop fixed first. 

Also good video, how long did that take you to capture. I tried for about an hour and didn't get one, unless I picked it up without seeing it.