Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fidalia, The Mother of the Pack

(PSN)Guardian_Trinity

Some notes onto the top here, if it wasn't clear, this is a warframe concept. I cannot art, so no pictures will come, but if people seem to enjoy this enough, there may be more to come as far as creative (or maybe not so creative?) concepts from me. Also, the name is a mystery to even me, normally when I name things I have a reason behind it, but I can't track down where this one came from, so, I don't know. I also made up my own pronunciation for it when I came back to this concept after a break, and when i google checked it later that's not how it is typically pronounced, but i think this one is more fun. Last note, the formatting here put everything in bold when i copied from my google doc, and it doesn't appear to want to let me remove bold from the first letter after a bullet point, so if the bolding seems funny, that is why. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy! 

Name: Fidalia (fi-day-lee-uh)

Base stats:

• Health: 125

• Shield: 50

• Armor: 65

• Energy: 125

Abilities 

• Passive: gain armor based on the amount of nearby enemies with slash procs

• Hunter’s Mark: Fidalia summons a wolf to attack an enemy, dealing damage and marking an enemy. While any enemy is marked, Fidalia gains a stack of Hunter’s mark. After a short time, the mark bursts, dealing a slash proc to that enemy that has a duration and the damage of which is based on your current stacks of hunter’s mark.  After the mark bursts, wolves will dash out to nearby enemies and spread the mark. The mark cannot be applied to an enemy with an active slash proc that was given by a mark. This ability can not be recast as long as it is active. 

• Track them: Fidalia sends out wolf scouts that show all enemies on the map and slow all enemies with a mark or slash proc in a radius of you for a short duration

• Bleed them: Fidalia gains lifesteal and weapon damage against enemies with slash procs caused by a mark. 

• Close in: Fidalia loses 50% movement speed but becomes invulnerable for a short duration, then sends out wolves to all enemies currently suffering from slash procs caused by marks. The wolves cause all remaining damage to be dealt at once, then refresh the marks on them. 

Scalings and notes(stats shown are at level 30 as i do not fully understand how the level scaling for abilities works😞 

• Passive:

• Notes- 25% of modded armor per enemy in affinity range, with a cap of 10 stacks at a time.

• Hunter’s Mark: 

• Energy-25 [efficiency]

• Cast Range-20m [range]

• Spread Range-7m [range]

• Mark Duration-2s [duration]

• Slash Duration-4s [duration]

• Slash Damage/s-10 [strength][+10% per mark]

• Notes- The mark multiplier for the slash damage is applied based on the amount of marks just before they burst, meaning the marks that cause the procs will be calculated into their own slash proc damage, and the marks that are caused by the burst will not be. For example, the initial enemy will have 1 mark, and slash damage based on one mark only, and the next set of marks going out from that enemy will not affect his own procs.

• Track them: 

• Energy-50 [efficiency]

• Radius- 15m [range]

• Slow-25% [strength, 75% cap]

• Effect Duration-10s [Duration]

• Notes- Simple cast ability, can be recast, and has a travel time away from you like nova’s 4th ability.

• Bleed them: 

• Energy-25 [efficiency]

• Cost/s-3 [duration][efficiency]

• Lifesteal-10% [strength]

• Weapon Damage-150% [strength]

• Notes- The damage effect would have to apply like chroma’s, with a toned down amount compared to his because the enemies are already bleeding. That said, my numbers here may be too much, except for the fact that the ability is a channel, so energy will be constantly draining while this is up. This is the ability that worries me most in terms of balance even still, but if de would want something like this, I’m sure they could make it happen

• Close in: 

• Energy-100 [efficiency]

• Duration-3s [inv. cast speed]

• Notes- This ability has an odd scaling. The invulnerability duration is actually only for the cast time, so putting on natural talent will lower the time invulnerable. This ability is not meant to be spammed, hence high cost (like most 4th abilities aren’t 100 though), and the invulnerability is definitely not the point, it is meant solely to allow her a brief respite in order to get a bit of burst damage out if she needs. Like her second ability, this one does not cast instantly, but will have a moment after it ends before enemies are effected.

• Overall Note: For both Fidalia’s first and fourth abilities, timing is important, so it may have to be the case that some wolves travel faster than others in order to allow all marks to be burst or applied at the same time. Ideally, she works like this so that the timers can stay in sync and not cause absolute chaos for the player who has no idea when each mark will burst or proc will end.I hope you enjoy. I will also be thinking of augments and will post soon if this is well received. Any feedback on abilities and balancing is also appreciated, as well as questions and concerns on things that could be confusing about her.

Passive unreliable durably is worse than no durability a all. Also, if an enemy is bleeding it should be dead in a few seconds.

Track- the slow is kind of useless because if an emery is under the effect of slash procs it should die in a few second. Also fluff fail, the skill is literally called track then it does not outline enemies or mark them in the map.

Bleed them- first why make the weapon damage exclusive to slash procs caused by a mark, why this skill even causes slash procs if the slash procs from this warframe skills are treated differently from slash procs. Second 150 % weapon damage is not going to break the game (chroma has 275% weapon damage ) , 10 % life steal can. Life steal is problematic in warframe because warframes have 1000 health but deal 1000000 damage, any amount of life steal means you will get a full heal per hit.

Close in- You seen to mentally associate slash procs with big damage which is true but not really. The reason slash procs are strong is because they deal finisher damage (ignores both armor and shield), also since they are usually caused by a weapon they will scale of weapon mods ( damage , critical damage and so on). I did not do the precise math on marks, but they don’t look like they can deal a lot of damage. You know how I so certain finisher damage alone does not create a good damage skill? Hydroids 4 deals finisher damage and It can’t kill anything after lvl 100.  

Overall great effort on creating a wolf commander frame, but you must change the foundation of the kit (the mark mechanics). Also, great formatting effort, but you could improve it father by using spoiler tabs. Like this 

Hunter’s Mark: Fidalia summons a wolf to attack an enemy, dealing damage and marking an enemy. While any enemy is marked, Fidalia gains a stack of Hunter’s mark. After a short time, the mark bursts, dealing a slash proc to that enemy that has a duration and the damage of which is based on your current stacks of hunter’s mark.  After the mark bursts, wolves will dash out to nearby enemies and spread the mark. The mark cannot be applied to an enemy with an active slash proc that was given by a mark. This ability can not be recast as long as it is active. 

Spoiler

• Energy-25 [efficiency]
  • Cast Range-20m [range]
  • Notes- The mark multiplier for the slash damage is applied based on the amount of marks just before they burst, meaning the marks that cause the procs will be calculated into their own slash proc damage, and the marks that are caused by the burst will not be. For example, the initial enemy will have 1 mark, and slash damage based on one mark only, and the next set of marks going out from that enemy will not affect his own procs.

9 hours ago, keikogi said:

Passive unreliable durably is worse than no durability a all. Also, if an enemy is bleeding it should be dead in a few seconds.

Track- the slow is kind of useless because if an emery is under the effect of slash procs it should die in a few second. Also fluff fail, the skill is literally called track then it does not outline enemies or mark them in the map.

Bleed them- first why make the weapon damage exclusive to slash procs caused by a mark, why this skill even causes slash procs if the slash procs from this warframe skills are treated differently from slash procs. Second 150 % weapon damage is not going to break the game (chroma has 275% weapon damage ) , 10 % life steal can. Life steal is problematic in warframe because warframes have 1000 health but deal 1000000 damage, any amount of life steal means you will get a full heal per hit.

Close in- You seen to mentally associate slash procs with big damage which is true but not really. The reason slash procs are strong is because they deal finisher damage (ignores both armor and shield), also since they are usually caused by a weapon they will scale of weapon mods ( damage , critical damage and so on). I did not do the precise math on marks, but they don’t look like they can deal a lot of damage. You know how I so certain finisher damage alone does not create a good damage skill? Hydroids 4 deals finisher damage and It can’t kill anything after lvl 100.  

Overall great effort on creating a wolf commander frame, but you must change the foundation of the kit (the mark mechanics). Also, great formatting effort, but you could improve it father by using spoiler tabs. Like this 

Hunter’s Mark: Fidalia summons a wolf to attack an enemy, dealing damage and marking an enemy. While any enemy is marked, Fidalia gains a stack of Hunter’s mark. After a short time, the mark bursts, dealing a slash proc to that enemy that has a duration and the damage of which is based on your current stacks of hunter’s mark.  After the mark bursts, wolves will dash out to nearby enemies and spread the mark. The mark cannot be applied to an enemy with an active slash proc that was given by a mark. This ability can not be recast as long as it is active. 

Reveal hidden contents

• Energy-25 [efficiency]
  • Cast Range-20m [range]
  • Notes- The mark multiplier for the slash damage is applied based on the amount of marks just before they burst, meaning the marks that cause the procs will be calculated into their own slash proc damage, and the marks that are caused by the burst will not be. For example, the initial enemy will have 1 mark, and slash damage based on one mark only, and the next set of marks going out from that enemy will not affect his own procs.

I agree with all of this. Also, the abilities are rather under powered, except for the lifesteal. 

This is basically an enemy radar mod but you add that it slows enemies who are about to die anyways:

14 hours ago, (PS4)Guardian_Trinity said:

Track them: Fidalia sends out wolf scouts that show all enemies on the map and slow all enemies with a mark or slash proc in a radius of you for a short duration

To the two of you who replied here, i guess that is correct. I'll look over the kit and ways to fix it. tbh, i wasn't sure when doing this if the 3rd ability should only effect enemies slashed by her mark, and tbh, i think you are right on that. I did look at chroma scalings as well, so I figured the damage there wouldn't be terrible, except that the enemies already have slash procs... the lifesteal I am thinking about changing to a flat amount, but then you just use the baza and that breaks... in essence, it almost seems like the best way to balance that is by changing the 10% to some 0.1%, but then we only use opticor, and nobody uses baza... I will have to think on a way to get lifesteal to accommodate all weapons if i want it on there... maybe give it a flat amount and give it a timer on how many times it can be procced in so many seconds? that way it evens the field between your baza and opticor... also, show all enemies on the map is my wording for marking them on your map, although giving outlines wouldn't be a bad addition, although the slow may not actually be the best idea there, unless it could apply to all enemies... my initial thoughts on that are to either slow enemies near bleeding ones as well, or else maybe add some ability to attack marked enemies through walls and cover, and then maybe adding some synergy with her first where the first x enemies attacked through some obstacle are given a mark or something? again, initial thoughts. The damage scalings on her 1 btw, are almost certainly below where they need to be, i modeled them off of spore scaling from saryn, except those gain way more damage even while they are on enemies, and have no duration. I was more meaning to show how it would work than give actual stats there, and if de found this at some point and actually wanted to use it (idk if that happens, but i doubt it does, and even if it does, not likely mine will be picked), the numbers would likely have to move up, but i would much rather have lower damage than higher (possible gamebreaking) damage than it needs.

Another thought that I would need to think more on is having a way to associate hunter's mark stats with weapon damage and then do something with that. My first though is that a direct comparison would again put us at opticor vs baza, then i think of another way, which has already been done. it is quite possible you could build damage like with nyx. the problem with that, is if you kill the enemy it doesn't matter, and your first was wasted... maybe the mark pops early if the enemy dies, and that way it still spreads... that gives it a bit more player damage into it, and keeps all weapons on an even playing field here. It could also be siphoned back into the passive, giving her flat armor based on the amount of damage that her current mark is holding, instead of basing it on bleeding enemies, or else even added as a part of her first, then her passive can synergize with that. As we see, nyx mark isn't a huge problem, and you can usually only get like 6-700% damage on it unless you are purposefully charging it and built to do only that. then say, 35% of the damage gets put back into the slash proc, and also a similar amount is given to you as flat armor. then I could give her another part where she heals herself if she pops the first mark herself, giving a way for her to heal without the lifesteal on 3 and allowing me to scrap that entirely... lots to think about there, tell me your thoughts on that if you guys don't mind...

also, thank you guys for being constructive in this, and not bashing me for having not thought things through all the way. I really appreciate that, and the feedback along with it

Edited by (PS4)Guardian_Trinity

1 hour ago, (PS4)Guardian_Trinity said:

I will have to think on a way to get lifesteal to accommodate all weapons if i want it on there..

Throw the life gain into your passive and give it "whenever an enemy within X range takes a bleed tick damage, gain 5 life"

Or whenever a marked target dies, gain a life. Gotta think smaller scale but at the same time spammable. Or big scale but not at all spammable. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Guardian_Trinity said:

and if de found this at some point and actually wanted to use it (idk if that happens, but i doubt it does, and even if it does, not likely mine will be picked),

I have no idea but I have posted a couple Warframe ideas that are now in the game. No idea if I had influence or coincidence (most likely) but I've always been of the belief that as long as it inspires an idea for the devs that they normally wouldn't have, you did good. 

It's late, I'll add more tomorrow. 

• Like 1