Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entry Second: The Void Within

Bacon_Pandicorn

2 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

I definitely recommend having all "entries" in a single thread.

It is more convenient for readers, as well as for you, and avoids spamming the board with low-reply-count threads.

Ah I see. I just thought it'd be more organized that way in case the threat gets active for some reason, so you wouldn't have to endlessly scroll through replies to find the next one. Unless there's a way to sort them so they appear on top? Also I'm new to using forums in general, so would you mind explaining to me how things work exactly? If I just post them all in one threat would new people still be able to find it or smthg or would it just be thrown into oblivion? Sorry if I'm bothering you with my questions, I'd just like to know how to do that right.

49 minutes ago, Bacon_Pandicorn said:

Unless there's a way to sort them so they appear on top?

You can edit posts, so one way to do it, is to make a "table of contents" of sorts in the first post, like in a book.

You already know how to link things on here, so that shouldn't be hard.

52 minutes ago, Bacon_Pandicorn said:

If I just post them all in one threat would new people still be able to find it or smthg or would it just be thrown into oblivion?

If you post a new comment in the thread it will go back to the top of the list (making it easy for everyone to see something new appeared there).

If you really want to, you can also edit the title of the thread with something like: "New: chapter [insert number here] out". I do that with my concept thread, and I think it gives people good idea what updates to expect.

9 hours ago, Bacon_Pandicorn said:

I see. If I edit my post, will it notify people? Or do I still need to add a new comment?  Also do posts have size limits? If so, can I link a comment within the same thread within the original post in case I end up having to post mutliple ones?

Only new comments notify people who follow the thread (and bump the thread to the top of the list). But, nothing stops you from making a comment saying "I added a new chapter/I edited something", which will fill that role.

You can link any comment in any thread (even multiple times) by using the share post function (top right corner of the post, next to the report button).

I have a entire table of contents built out of links to each and every of my content posts within my thread, it is not a problem to do that. 

Posts can be gigantic. I've seen comments you'd need to scroll for actual minute or so.

Here is a link to my thread's opening post, so you can see for yourself that it works. The table of contents is at the bottom of the post.

12 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Here is a link to my thread's opening post, so you can see for yourself that it works. The table of contents is at the bottom of the post.

Ah I see. Your thing is a bit too complicated for me to achieve currently but I may learn over time. Anyway thanks for everything, I think I get your point. Will work on re-editing the first thread now, will leave this one up for a little so you can see this message ig ^^' (don't want to seem abrupt and ungrateful) let me know when you do and thanks again ^^

4 hours ago, Bacon_Pandicorn said:

Ah I see. Your thing is a bit too complicated for me to achieve currently but I may learn over time. Anyway thanks for everything, I think I get your point. Will work on re-editing the first thread now, will leave this one up for a little so you can see this message ig ^^' (don't want to seem abrupt and ungrateful) let me know when you do and thanks again ^^

No problem.