Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do You Think Could Work as a Halloween PvP Mini-Event?

Kontrollo

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

Honestly, if I had more time on my hands, I might try pvp a little more

Yeah, it doesn't help much when PvE taxes your play time with a lot of timed mission (arbitrations, sorties) and pvp doesn't offer any actually valuable reward.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Stormdragon said:

Objectively speaking these were balanced since everyone had exactly the same tools: warframe's EHP was normalized, their powers and passives disabled, no mods were working, and everyone had exactly the same set of weapons. 

That's called skill gap and has nothing to do with balance. It probably wouldn't have been as big as it can get to be if PvE required some mechanical progression to be beaten instead of needing nothing but stuff with bigger numbers to beat harder content.

No it wasn't a skill gap, it's an experience gap, there's a difference.   Due to the useless 'matchmaking' in conclave (one of it's MANY problems) the experience gap made an event that 'should' have been balanced unbalanced. 

I can go back and do the 'starter missions' that a newbie has to do to start warframe or even on earht, run it with no mods on my frame etc like a newbie (hell even a new account), yet because I know how to bullet jump etc I'm going to be far better than a new player who doesn't know any of this.  Balance isn't just about what you're using, it's also about experience playing the game mode. 

6 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

No it wasn't a skill gap, it's an experience gap, there's a difference.   Due to the useless 'matchmaking' in conclave (one of it's MANY problems) the experience gap made an event that 'should' have been balanced unbalanced. 

Not sure what you expected since, on an even ground (gear wise), skill and experience are the defining factors of a match in any PvP environment since you can't really balance anything with those as part of the equation and the most that could be done, as you point, is to keep players apart (which doesn't even happen in PvE and allows high level players to remove the fun of low level ones in certain missions such as gifts of the lotus and perhaps Lith relics, that's another interesting topic, though)

With that out if the way, I won't deny that PvP matchmaking could use a lot of improvements since the current RNG one is barebones for it, and some sort of skill separation (RC has a lot of wrong things) would be appreciated (being on a 1 sided match, in an 8 players free-for-all, gets boring easily even when nerfing yourself; while being on the other side is just frustrating).

12 minutes ago, Stormdragon said:

Not sure what you expected since, on an even ground (gear wise), skill and experience are the defining factors of a match in any PvP environment since you can't really balance anything with those as part of the equation and the most that could be done, as you point, is to keep players apart (which doesn't even happen in PvE and allows high level players to remove the fun of low level ones in certain missions such as gifts of the lotus and perhaps Lith relics, that's another interesting topic, though)

With that out if the way, I won't deny that PvP matchmaking could use a lot of improvements since the current RNG one is barebones for it, and some sort of skill separation (RC has a lot of wrong things) would be appreciated (being on a 1 sided match, in an 8 players free-for-all, gets boring easily even when nerfing yourself; while being on the other side is just frustrating).

My point is it shouldn't be seen as balanced just because all the weapon and frame are the same, there is more than the 'tools' that define whether something is balanced and the 'user' is one of those things that should be considered in PvP.  Until, at the very least, that side of PvP is fixed it will never be something players will gravitate too.

Actually PvE does have restrictions, you can't jump straight into sorties/eso without a rank 30 frame, you can't jump into arbitration without finishing the starmap, you can't move to another planet without unlocking the requirements, you can't do certain things on OV without unlocking other parts (annoying as it is).  Yes they're fairly rudimentary but basically there are 'experience' (or grind depending on how you look at it) restrictions in place in PvE, it's just as a high mr players we don't really see them very often if at all.

Edited by LSG501

29 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

My point is it shouldn't be seen as balanced just because all the weapon and frame are the same, there is more than the 'tools' that define whether something is balanced and the 'user' is one of those things that should be considered in PvP.

The whole point of balancing gear is to reduce the variables that can be taken advantage of to win and make both, skill and experience be the factors that decide who wins. So in short, the issue you're pointing relates to matchmaking not having players divided by skill/experience, not to balance itself and shouldn't be put on the same bag.

49 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Actually PvE does have restrictions, you can't jump straight into sorties/eso without a rank 30 frame, you can't jump into arbitration without finishing the starmap, you can't move to another planet without unlocking the requirements, you can't do certain things on OV without unlocking other parts (annoying as it is).  Yes they're fairly rudimentary but basically there are 'experience' (or grind depending on how you look at it) restrictions in place in PvE, it's just as a high mr players we don't really see them very often if at all.

Yeah, but those restrictions only apply to get to "harder" content and thats why omitted them. There's nothing keeping an old player who jumps into mid-low level (such as the stuff mentioned on my previous comment) away from a newer player playing the same mission and let the first one speedrun the mission killing everything withoit ever seeing enemies while the new player gets no enemies to kill.

The other reason why i didn't mention those limits is because those aren't skill related, just checks of either player progression or gear.

I want to play snowday showdown again, perhaps a free for all version of it with water ballons on summer instead of dog days or something.

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

Still missing the point...  lets try a different way of putting it.... If you put a pro footballer up against an infant just learning to kick a ball (exaggerated obviously) who is going to win, even if every other aspect of the game is the same...

You seem to be the one missing the point since matchmaking should be the thing that prevents putting someone learning to kick a ball against a pro football player.

There's a reason why sport leagues have different separations depending of each team's levels and those are also spread by age ranges, but it doesn't happen in warframe because conclave's progression system doesn't relate to skill in any way.

• Like 1

Since it's a Halloween event, I think it should be SCARY and provoke a little bit of anxiousness / scared feelings in the players...

What if we had a DARK map with fog and everyone was playing Ivara in prowl ability with a locked maybe grey energy colour so players can JUST see other players when you're close. Melee weapon and a Daikyu only if you sneak up on someone and use finisher with dagger maybe, or happen to just see someone at long range. 

Just an idea... don't hate me if you don't like it 🙂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rubbertubtub01 said:

Since it's a Halloween event, I think it should be SCARY and provoke a little bit of anxiousness / scared feelings in the players...

What if we had a DARK map with fog and everyone was playing Ivara in prowl ability with a locked maybe grey energy colour so players can JUST see other players when you're close. Melee weapon and a Daikyu only if you sneak up on someone and use finisher with dagger maybe, or happen to just see someone at long range. 

Just an idea... don't hate me if you don't like it 🙂

THIS

Hey, I got a question for all of the people that like derailing conclave threads, and demeaning everyone who plays conclave. 

Why? 

What makes you want to do that? 

Do you really wanna pull people who are really passionate about something down? 

Most of us has played conclave for a while now, and we found a one of a kind experience that no game has yet been able to replicate, it is for most of us what keeps us playing warframe, and enjoying it. 

And it's not all about "farming frags", most of the conclave community is strictly against that kind of behavior, and people who do such things, are usually ostracized, and we try to make sure that they won't make the game miserable for others, especially players who prey on new players. 

We enjoy conclave a lot, it is our game. We see it die, and when we try to save it, we get shot down for no apparent reason other than people jumping on a bandwagon, or exclaiming that "If I don't like it, it doesn't have right to exist."

It's painful. 

Look, we mean no harm, and if you don't like conclave, just let it be. I don't blame you, I'm in no position to blame you, but please, next time you want to destroy some conclave nerds on forums, think why do you want to do this, and if you really should. 

But, on topic. 

A sweet idea would be sort of an infected mode;

Tenno can choose one of three loadouts:

Gara, Corinth, Lex, Tipedo. 

Ember, Ignis, Atmos, Jat Kusar. 

Ash, Daikyu, Zakti, Okina. 

After everyone has picked their loadouts, 15 seconds pass, game starts and the first infected is selected. 

Infected Tenno wield a tysis variant, which can oneshot, with slower projectile speed, lower magazine capacity, and infinite spare ammo. Infected have a mire variant as their melee weapon, slower swing speed, higher damage, approx 2 hit kill. 

The first infected spawns as a nidus with 1.5k health, and 200 armor. The more people get infected, the less health they have. Only the patient zero can use abilities, other later infected lose access to them. Every time a Tenno is killed, the health of all infected gets immediately adjusted. When Tenno get killed by an infected, they turn and join the infected ranks. 

The goal of the Tenno is to survive till the time limit runs out.

The infected need to infect all of the Tenno by shooting them with the tysis, or slicing twice with the mire. 

The event requires no wins, and no kills to get any exclusive content. Kills and wins give event credits that can be used to acquire duplicates of the event items, and can acquire some sort of "Conclave medalions".

Reward for playing one match: Technocyte Mire

Reward for playing five matches: Technocyte Tysis

Reward for playing ten matches: Spooky Pumpkin ornament

Goal of such an event would be to implement an enjoyable time exclusive PvP mode, in which you can earn everything by just participating, but if you wish, you can also earn some extra conclave standing and multiples of the event weapons/cosmetics by putting more effort in. 

Edited by -CheffDegu
Clarification, typo, more typos ^^"
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, -CheffDegu said:

Hey, I got a question for all of the people that like derailing conclave threads, and demeaning everyone who plays conclave. 

Why? 

What makes you want to do that? 

Do you really wanna pull people who are really passionate about something down? 

Most of us has played conclave for a while now, and we found a one of a kind experience that no game has yet been able to replicate, it is for most of us what keeps us playing warframe, and enjoying it. 

And it's not all about "farming frags", most of the conclave community is strictly against that kind of behavior, and people who do such things, are usually ostracized, and we try to make sure that they won't make the game miserable for others, especially players who prey on new players. 

We enjoy conclave a lot, it is our game. We see it die, and when we try to save it, we get shot down for no apparent reason other than people jumping on a bandwagon, or exclaiming that "If I don't like it, it doesn't have right to exist."

It's painful. 

Look, we mean no harm, and if you don't like conclave, just let it be. I don't blame you, I'm in no position to blame you, but please, next time you want to destroy some conclave nerds on forums, think why do you want to do this, and if you really should. 

But, on topic. 

A sweet idea would be sort of an infected mode;

Tenno can choose one of three loadouts:

Gara, Corinth, Lex, Tipedo. 

Ember, Ignis, Atmos, Jat Kusar. 

Ash, Daikyu, Zakti, Okina. 

After everyone has picked their loadouts, 15 seconds pass, game starts and the first infected is selected. 

Infected Tenno wield a tysis variant, which can oneshot, with slower projectile speed, lower magazine capacity, and infinite spare ammo. Infected have a mire variant as their melee weapon, slower swing speed, higher damage, approx 2 hit kill. 

The first infected spawns as a nidus with 1.5k health, and 200 armor. The more people get infected, the less health they have. Only the patient zero can use abilities, other later infected lose access to them. Every time a Tenno is killed, the health of all infected gets immediately adjusted. When Tenno get killed by an infected, they turn and join the infected ranks. 

The goal of the Tenno is to survive till the time limit runs out.

The infected need to infect all of the Tenno by shooting them with the tysis, or slicing twice with the mios. 

The event requires no wins, and no kills to get any exclusive content. Kills and wins give event credits that can be used to acquire duplicates of the event items, and can acquire some sort of "Conclave medalions".

Reward for playing one match: Technocyte Mire

Reward for playing five matches: Technocyte Tysis

Reward for playing ten matches: Spooky Pumpkin ornament

Goal of such an event would be to implement an enjoyable time exclusive PvP mode, in which you can earn everything by just participating, but if you wish, you can also earn some extra conclave standing and multiples of the event weapons/cosmetics by putting more effort in. 

That sounds really fun! And a great way to mix in some PvP into warframe in a fun way that still feels cooperative with your fellow tennos. I'm definitely feeling it! I like that you mention everybody gets rewards regardless of success, so that new players can feel rewarded even while learning the ropes. Ideally, this would come with a way to form the teams so that people can do this with their clans and not just randoms. Perhaps we could have rewards in invite-only matches just for the event. I would suggest adding something to it though: The method of selecting the first infested should not be random. One possibility is to have a temporary FFA and the first person who dies becomes the first infected. Or, place a large infested boil somewhere on the map and the first player to jump into the boil becomes the first infected. You also seem to switch from Mire to Mios in your post, I suspect it's a typo - may be worth an edit! Also, you might want to clarify if the technocyte mire & tysis are skins or variant weapons. I think they should be skins to avoid angering the segment of the playerbase that doesn't like PvP (a small segment to be sure, but a loud one on the forums!). 

As for the people who try to derail these types of discussions, it seems to be a mentality of "It's not enough that I should get what I want, I also demand that others don't get what they want!" It's a frightening lack of maturity and honestly not even worth reading that junk. I live a much happier life by simply ignoring such negative people. Misery loves company, but they won't get me 🙂 

On 2019-10-16 at 6:18 PM, Loxyen said:

A Supra that shoots little flashy ghost heads. 

An Embolist that shoots some toxic mist as it ever did. 

The Dual Cleavers... Because they're big butcher knives. 

The weapon atk sounds could be adjusted into some awful scary groaning

Right, but what game mode did you have in mind?

9 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

Also, you might want to clarify if the technocyte mire & tysis are skins or variant weapons.

Oh, I wanted them to be variant weapons, since the event doesn't require that you actually play PvP, it's very easy to get them. But you do have a point, it might be better if they would be skins with the current state of the game. 

9 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

You also seem to switch from Mire to Mios in your post, I suspect it's a typo - may be worth an edit!

😅

• Like 2

How about a pvp based juggernaut mode where 1 randomly selected player becomes a super buffed bumkinheaded juggernaut, who got to fight everybody else who tries to steal their spot?

Only ways to score points would be to kill the jug (which could give 10 points, the one who landed the finishing blow turning into the new jug), or by killing normal players for 1 point (only the jug can do this). The jug’s stats should scale based on how many players are in the match.

The rewards could  be conclave standing for everyone who participates (regardless of performance), while maybe also including time limited  tradeable halloween themed weapon- and frame skins as well as attachments like a pumpkin hat and Dracula coat syndana.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ByroSphere said:

How about a pvp based juggernaut mode where 1 randomly selected player becomes a super buffed bumkinheaded juggernaut, who got to fight everybody else who tries to steal their spot?

Only ways to score points would be to kill the jug (which could give 10 points, the one who landed the finishing blow turning into the new jug), or by killing normal players for 1 point (only the jug can do this). The jug’s stats should scale based on how many players are in the match.

The rewards could  be conclave standing for everyone who participates (regardless of performance), while maybe also including time limited  tradeable halloween themed weapon- and frame skins as well as attachments like a pumpkin hat and Dracula coat syndana.

Ooooooh, that sounds fun too! I would be very excited for this 🙂 

• Like 1

On 2019-10-16 at 6:23 PM, FerockQuartz said:

I don't propose mine as a better idea but I somewhat find this cool if ever...

a K-Drive Deathmatch race... On a Star Node that implements the use of K-Drive (Please not Orb Vallis again)

Would love them to feature new secondary or thrown melee weapons exclusive to this event...

... starting thread is cool btw...

First of all, sorry for taking so long to respond that's actually a really neat idea, too.

Well, the reason I made a thread with a very clearly and narrowly defined topic was because I didn't want it to get derailed with pointless arguments. That happened anyway, I guess because the forum crowd just can't help themselves. It got cleaned afterwards, so here we are.

Anyway, the reason I held off was because I had another idea after reading your post and I wanted to put something together for it. Only that meant investing time and I'm lazy. 😏

So as you were saying, you wanted to see K-Drives and it should be a Deathmatch. I've already said I'd like to see Pox with pumpkin bombs -- and then it hit me, I've seen that somewhere before:

Spoiler

t9KV9Gb.jpg

But of course we're going to need a Warframe version of that battle. So instead I would want it to be something like this:

Spoiler

63P6BVN.jpg

So two teams, kitties versus pixies. Because it's asymmetric, it would have to be two short rounds -- e.g. 4 min each -- then switching sides. Total at the end would determine which team wins.

P.S. That S#&$ took quite some time to put together, can not recommend. 😰

• Like 1