Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extracting (solo) from Arbitrations is horribly frustrating

NovusKnight

While I appreciate the ability to leave the mission on my own terms, there's something to be said about howit works.

1 - I must stay in a corner for a long period of time for a count down to progress.

2 - moving out of the area resets cooldown.

3 - enemies may start spawn flooding you.

4 - enemies often have one, two, or more simultaneous arbi drones making them invincible.

5 - if Corpus: nemies also have nullifiers (sometimes more than one or two) and area denial mine drones.

this gets pretty ridiculous. I just wasted 20 minutes of my time because I couldn't extract without dying. I held my position at extraction, alone, for 7 minutes straight, because there simply was no opening to stay in the countdown zone without being killed. eventualy I -did- die, and was forced to abort the mission because my allies wanted to do a long run. so I quit the mission, and got no rewards. nullifiers blocked my abilities and bullets. the drones made enemies invincible. if I even bothered finding cover from all the incoming bullets I could barely fire back at, surprise surprise - AoE Osprey mine spam makes the entire extraction zone an Area Denial trap that I have to leave or else I die.

A very simple solution would be: make it so arbitration drones despawn upon entering the extraction tile. that's all this needs to be fixed. if you're even bothering to show up for an arbitration you shouldnt have issues holding back regular units for half a minute or so.

it's excessivly aggravating. I'll refrain from even touching Corpus arbitrations.

7 minutes ago, NovusKnight said:

A very simple solution would be: make it so arbitration drones despawn upon entering the extraction tile. that's all this needs to be fixed.

Unfortunately their are some maps with quite large extraction tiles. If arbitration drones weren't allowed in these extraction tiles, then players would simply camp in the extraction tiles knowing that the arbitration drones can't get in, making the Arbitrations runs much easier. 

A better solution would just be for DE to program the arbitration drones to ignore any player that is physically on the extraction, so it has to fly away and go towards other players. Too often do the arbitration drones disappear when a player runs off to extract and the drones choose to follow that player. Sometimes when the player extracts, the drones just magically go missing and can't be found anywhere on the map, could be a bug but I've experienced this a few times. 

Another solution would be during certain Arbitrations such as survival, if a player wishes to solo extract, the timer should be reduced to around 10 seconds, or just be able to activate some sort of console by the extraction to extraction yourself whenever you please. 

• Like 1