Why don't you add different difficulty levels to missions(especially endless missions)? Imagine starting Mot with level 100+ enemies! You would have to balance the rewards and maybe add some extra resources or mods that you can get only at higher difficulties, like you did with arbitrations. You could satisfy both the casual and the veteran players at the same time. And to spice things up you could use the different effects that sorties have(energy reduction, radiation etc) and add them to some of those higher level missions at random resetting each day. 

Another suggestion would be looking back at the cetus and fortuna bounties. Bounties are great but they lack two things: Viariety and higher difficulty scaling. Right now they are a joke to do even with unranked weapons.

Edited by TheButcher2
  • Haha 1

Dennis, hate to breat it to you, but jacking up the lvl of enemy doesn't mean anything if u can OHK anything past 200lvl bombard

Endgame should be more about tweaking difficulties then enemy levels.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Player damage scales far past the point in which enemies can OHK you. What exactly is fun about the RNG chance of getting downed by a hitscan weapon unless you specially choose the few frames that work with invulnerability timers or CC shutdown making lvls moot anyway.

There are far more problems than making enemies lvls high enough to take a few seconds of punishment from players to make it appear more difficult.

• Like 1

Firstly OP, it's unwise to put your name and place on internet since it's one way to get harassed.

Next, higher level as Nocontents said doesn't mean anything if you can one hit kill enemies on higher level than that.

Then, what will you do with that extra resources? I don't think you will need that extra 1,000 rubedo after playing for so long and you have more than enough for life in your warehouse.

Modifiers? We already have nightmare mission for that, perhaps more modifier can be added on it.

About that bounties, are you sure right now a tier 5 bounty is a joke to do even with unranked weapons? I would like to see how you do it

1 minute ago, DarthIronclad said:

As for rewards, maybe arcane helmets can make a return? 

They stopped because of forcing players into specific cosmetics for their frames was sucky for those that cared, and they sold less cosmetics. Arcanes are the replacement and are better for it.

Maybe have corrupted arcanes instead then, since arcane helmets have 1 upside and 1 downside

Edited by DarthIronclad

54 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

They stopped because of forcing players into specific cosmetics for their frames was sucky for those that cared, and they sold less cosmetics. Arcanes are the replacement and are better for it.

It's not really a complete way to address the issue. They should have turned arcane helmets into arcanes that gave the same benefit the helmets do, but were frame specific as were the helmets. Then put them back in the game for all to enjoy.  I love the Harka helmet, but it isn't going to make me take off my arcane squall.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheButcher2 said:

Railjack seems like a nice addition to the game but i'm afraid it will suffer from the same problems that i mentioned above. It will be a nice distraction for a time but after a while we will be back at point 0, waiting for the next "big thing".

Agree with this, dunno why people are excited with Railjack, easy grind in space, same problem as we already have on the same boring repeatable missions.

The entire scaling and design of the game has hit peak saturation and stagnation.

Increasing the levels of enemies as they are currently doesn't actually do anything to make the game more difficult or challenging, it just creates a gear check and makes build diversity drop like a rock.

Until the rampant power creep on players (and enemies) is dialed back nothing will be "difficult" in a way that isn't just obnoxious one-hit kill spam with hyper-durable enemies that STILL die to things like Viral/Slash proc stacking, which usually winds up causing enemies to be immune to status to stop that cheese.

i think a PvEvP mode is whats needed. 

I would also like a mode where the enemies are UN-nerfed. Where the Nox is a juggernaut that rushes you, Manics stalk you, Bombards will blindside you etc. Where you have to anticipate what the enemy will do instead of just waltzing around without a care in the world.

Edited by Hypernaut1

As others have said, level scaling only does so much. Veteran players are supremely geared and adding "difficultly levels" or "difficulty sliders" are okay ideas at best. I mean, they're worth trying out to see how they fly, but most people agree that they're going to get ratcheted up to the highest, meta'ed into the ground and bulldozed by vets, while remaining completely out of reach for anyone not no-lifing the game.

In my view, difficulty needs to be more smartly designed to kick players out of their comfort zones and utilize different strategies. For example, I hate the laser traps in the new Gas City tileset. But I also love them for how they slow me down a little and force me to be more careful. I know, I know, "but Warframe is all about speed, I should be going fast 125% of the time!" Not when it gets boring...

As for Empyrean...it has the potential to bring about the same problems as the rest of the game, sure, but to me, it seems to encourage cooperation and coordination so much more than the rest of Warframe. More dangers, more action, more chances for failure, more to keep straight in an average engagement, these things can add way more fun difficulty far better than just a slider bar can.

In terms of rewards, well...we, as a community, need to get on board and unify what we want as rewards. We gotta stop just slashing all of DE's rewards without agreeing on what's better. Because all I see people wanting are HIGHER damage weapons, HIGHER damage mods, HIGHER damage arcades, STRONGER Warframes, I mean...I get why people want those things, but that's so immensely bland.

We ALL need to agree on what rewards we all want FIRST, before we can hope DE can implement them.