Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are you on break from playing warframe?

(PSN)sweatshawp

4 hours ago, xHeretic said:

But he is right, ive been playing for 6 years and im still missing things and Im still playing a few hours daily (mostly arbi), the game is full of S#&$ to do and explore, but if one person start saying "there is no content or missions to do because I refuse to play against any faction who put a little difficulty on the gameplay" is pretty much wrong on saying "there is no content". People has opinions, playstyles and whatever, that doesnt men they are right because of that.

The mindset that a lot of people have including myself is, "sure, I COULD level all of the k-drives to get that sweet, sweet mastery. OR I could go play a game that has fun stuff to do."

Edited by stormy505

Railjack..  they could do soooo much with it, imagne 8 player coordinated attacks on Corpus and Grineer capital ships, forrays into ancient sentient worlds laden with all manner of booby traps, security protocols and defensive setups. For example imagine you fly to a capital ship, 4 of you disembark to attack it internally, 1 begins dogdighting the enemy fighters, 1 stays to repel enemy boarders and put out fires, 1 flying the ship and 1 manning the ship's guns. The 3 inside have to negotiate tough opposition and sealed bulkheads, blastdoors and sentry guns that can't be destroyed by pressing 4 or a Vex Chroma DPS or a 1200% damage buff from Banshee etc...

Instead they have to move through the ship, locate the power source for the battery and deactivate it in a manner similar to the Jupiter secret rooms ie finding panels to press in a required order and required time limit(maybe a laser grid that can't just be cheesed?), 4 panels 1 for each player not unlike the old consoles to hack on the toxin injectors in Raids. Having fought their way to the bridge they take out the command crew that can't just be 1 shotted and sabotage the capital ships shields, then returning to their own craft where you charge up the main battery and deliver the killing blow with everyone back on board to enjoy it.

Additionally the new craft unlocks the path to the new Tau system that requires 200 logins to unlock and is actually filled with difficult enemies(not just damage sponges of higher starting level) and require effort to kill.

Reality check....

What we will ACTUALLY get is a sandbox-esque galaxy that is far more linear than space travel should be with a backdrop we can never actually reach(if you glitch behind the door to Cetus while on the plains you will find that the balloons in the distance are a 2 dimensional image..)

We'll no doubt have new resources to farm that are a pain to get at first, 5 repetitive bounties to do and enemy capital ships that require 2 minutes to beat after we press 4 to win to kill everybody in a 30 block radius onboard. And we're likely to get a new focus-esque grind (looking at you ship upgrade tree). Also within 2 weeks the starting enemy level will be nerfed after too many conplaints from new players and all the resources will become 10 times easier to gather, neatly giving the middle finger to those who ground them out straight away. Oh and we'll have cosmetics to buy, lots of cosmetics.

This is just pure fantasy vs reality unfortunately. My wishlist so to speak. And it's pretty much how Fortuna ended up. Might have to mine asteroids too I guess(cheese from the moon?) and catch space fish...

Edited by Zilchy

I got alot of games so I rotate when I start having trouble motivating myself to play. Right now I playing the isle alot not much game mechanics right now but still one of the most enjoyable survival games i played even for some one that hates pvp. Will probebly pick up warframe again when new nightwave starts in wait for railjack,

• Like 1

Burnt myself out hard trying to complete nightwave for the operator suit. I got it but after that I didn't even want to look at the game. I got better but I'll probably be back only either when Railjack comes or if a friend of mine finally decides to give it a go.

Work

MHW Iceborne

Weeb Souls

Destiny 2

I still have to grind for Orb vallis pigments and amps but these gets boring and demotivating fast as heck considering Iceborne, Code Vein, and D2 keeps my attention more with substantial fun factor for hours on end in comparison.

hace 13 minutos, HappyFishxas dijo:

Because I'm currently playing a game called Real Life, filled with Responsibilities. 

Real life it´s not a game, most of players using games to disconect a bit from real life things for a while, thats not hurt anyway.

I have reached MR 27, maxed every weapon and vehicle EXCEPT for 1 skateboard that I have literally near 0 interest on.

I have maxed every focus school, made proper builds on every warframe and near every weapon.

I have obtained near everything there is to obtain aside from hidden lore in the game that I absolutely feel no joy in getting due to the devs' complete lack of focus on said lore lately, not to mention all said lore is perfectly covered on youtube if I ever want to check it.

So I think I can say, with near absolute certainty, that I have nothing left to do in Warframe. I log in whenever a friend needs help on things, which seems to be the only thing in warframe that gives me any joy, and I'm patiently waiting for DE to stop focusing on dumb shadows, textures and whatever else that barely ever matters and focus on actual content for their players.

I'm at the point where I believe we haven't had proper content aside from Fortuna (which was a carbon copy of Cetus but I digress) and the new Disruption game mode in these last few months/years. Though I do understand it takes so much more time to MAKE actual content than to actually CLEAR said content, therefore I usually stay quiet.

Consider this post just me venting some frustration out.

Edited by _Kiro
  • Like 3

Not dismissing the, "No content," concerns of many players..
but this one never made sense to me.

It's not an episodic game.
Development takes vastly longer than, "I beat it all in 2 hours after reading a strategy guide 2ez."

Perhaps my perspective on it is just different.
Not better, just different.
I can see where they're missing chances to keep the content fresh,
especially when so much loot only has so much function, and take an obligatory meta grind to beat it in the first place..
Doing things like that, they really can't avoid attracting player styles that favor dominant strategy guide meta completionism.
Once you 100% the new content, there's nothing left, and I get that.
..I don't Feel that, though..

What I see as the primary reason players leave is either that perspective,
or that the casual aspects are often made too difficult, in order to appease the most try hard at the same time..
and both fall short. The try hards are never happy for long, and the casuals aren't happy if they're frustrated.

I just like putting bullets in Grineer, and hoverboarding.
That will keep me here for years. All I need, personally. If either of those become more fun and nuanced, I'm all set.
I haven't even gotten to some of the new content, and I've been here since 2014.
It's impossible to maintain appeal to people who are certain to become bored of anything as soon as it's been beat once.
...Though, those folks tend to spend the most.. so, No lessons can be learned at DE.
That's what I expect is the reason for players dropping off..
Either there was never a chance of keeping them, or those who would stay
are tired of not feeling like their bot shooter is something they can keep control of.

• Like 2

I'm not on an intentional break, but this morning I realized I haven't logged in for a few days now. I made the mistake of installing an Android emulator to try games before installing them on my tablet (limited space and slow downloads compared to PC). Why was it a mistake? For the past 3 days I've played mobile games on my PC without even thinking about playing anything else 😄 I thought it would be the big update for Division 2 that would grab my attention, but haven't even touched it yet... stupid mobile hero collectors, stealing my soul now -.-'

plain and simple work

until Yesterday we were harvesting and we still have a lot to do until we can wind down from harvesting season.

and after 12 hour shifts I am not in a mood nor do I have enough energy left for anything else than logging in to get the reward

• Like 1

Semi-break as always when I'm on a WF "break". I log in and do some stuff some days or just log on and off other days. Depends what I'm in the mood for. Next patch will get me playing more since we'll get some new content, 2 reworks and a new frame. I'm already interested in the Ember rework aswell as the Grendel frame, Vauban rework will make me give him a spin again.

Reason I'm on a semi-break is because I'm still playing some AoW3, binged through the latest season of Fear the Walking Dead just as alpha 18 experimental hit 7 Days to Die, so taking care of my zed munchies in that game right now while playing with a friend.

For the past weeks I have just logged in for the daily reward and a quick ESO to max out my daily standing and focus. Just a ~30min mindless routine. 

Not much fun to play right now imo so I've been renovating and messing around with my apartment. Just taking the opportunity to do stuff that wont happen whenever you're sucked into a game 😄 

If WF disappoint with the next big update I'll have Red Dead Redemption 2, Doom 4, and hopefully Boneworks and some Valve VR title to mess with in November and December. I honestly don't expect much from WF until closer to christmas though.

Nothing that catch my interest.

Best updates this year were few hours of farm. Rest were recycling (or rework if you prefer) content for things i didnt care at all.

So yeah just waiting the new war to get the 4th (5th?) quest of this ""amazing"" main story...

I've already played Destiny...so going back to a older game that I didn't enjoy rather than trying something else isn't on my mind...When I take a break it's for Stellaris or Elite Dangerous..something completely different like a space flight sim...or blowing up poor Kerbals...

The next major long term break from warframe will be Death Stranding depending on it's reviews and careful consideration to see if it's something I want to invest time in...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

9 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

I’ve seen a lot of players that started even this year saying this. Even for more recent players can you speak on how fast it too you to hear up?

It doesn't take very long to "finish" the game, mainly if you're focused on it and have a lot of free time.

I have played for two years, but I reset my account earlier this year and ended up starting again with 2 years worth of prime access (it seems to be bound to my PS account).

IIRC, it took me 58 days/400~500 hours to hit MR 27 and there were days where I didn't make any progress bc I was playing with rivens.

If someone didn't have prime accesses/plat, I'd say 4~5 months is enough to finish the game. The game is a lot easier now and not as grindy.

Fortuna bounties, for example, reward Detonite Injector, Mutagen Mass, and Fieldron, which were all locked up behind invasions over a year ago.

Nightwave can net you a decent burst of Nitain early on.

There are more good sources of Endo in the game (Bounties and Arbitrations).

You can easily get some staple mods from PoE Bounties, as well as some other good, non-rare mods.

I was on an extended break between around the Plains of Eidolon and shortly before Fortuna came out. I jumped back in with Fortuna and have been back steadily since. Not that Fortuna was necessarily what kept me playing on its own, I think it was more the whole TennoCon 2018 presentation where Fortuna morphed into the Railjack reveal, and how that would herald a new era for the game. Granted, it's been a year and half almost since then, but...what it seems to be bringing to the entire game (not just an island, like Steve said at TC2019) really implies big changes it desperately needs.

Breaks are seriously necessary, though. Content is almost always finite, in just about every game. It all dries up, it all gets boring, it all comes to an end and requires waiting for more. Especially with communities these days, someone comes up with the meta and blazing through content happens faster as part of a community than it ever did on our own.

Since New Light went live, I've been interspersing two separate Warframe accounts with seeing what Destiny 2 has become. Honestly...very impressed with its improvements. Its mod system is actually kinda sorta almost better than Warframe's, frankly. Also, every single day resets a metric TON of bounties to do. So if people jump on with Destiny, they start right away with a mountain of stuff to get done. I also like that their Season Pass has 100 ranks to it, as opposed to Nightwave which only has 30.

Then again, the rehashed Moon content, the bland story, the slower movement, free season pass having some ranks with NO rewards (as opposed to the paid one where you get an Exotic before you even start), kinda make me appreciate Warframe. Playing both. Seeing how they go.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, xHeretic said:

"I refuse to play against any faction who put a little difficulty on the gameplay" is pretty much wrong on saying "there is no content".

Frustration is not the same as difficulty.    Give an enemy 2 billion health,  it wont be difficulty,  it will be tedium.   Same game design error occurs when you just make an enemy immune to the player's abilities.

At least Nullifiers have some amount of effort put into them instead of the enemies literally immune to abilities,   or the terrible energy leeches and parasitic units that provide no feedback what so ever unless you notice your energy suddenly dumping buckets with no noticeable reason because the enemy is blended in with the crowd, or not even in the same room as you.

And then Warframe's boss design amounts to a third grader playing imagination games who just says "NOoooOoo,  you can't! I'm immune!".   Not to mention how bad the weak spot mechanic is,  horribly unreliable with not much feedback either and I have no idea how they expect new players to realize you're supposed to shoot the lens flares.  Hell,  half the time it feels like it doesn't do anything even now after hundreds of hours in the game.   In a Sortie against Sargus the fight took 15 minutes because apparently nobody but me knew to target the lens flare to actually deal damage, and even then it didn't seem to work half the time.   It ends up feeling little better than button mashing waiting for something to happen.

And to what end?  Weapons are just as overpowered as abilities yet Warframe makes you focus on them, weapons almost never get shut down and you basically can't use abilities against most bosses.  The only thing that does is the very rare disarm mechanic that I only see like once every hundred missions.

Edited by Kingsmount

Well, I recently discovered that the SNES emulator is free to download on Switch so I'm swapping some time from Warframe to play Super Mario World and Zelda: Link to the Past.

But, I still play Warframe every day. Finally found motivation to grind out ESO for the Vandal weapons and the Blazing Step.