Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why are you on break from playing warframe?

(PSN)sweatshawp

Jeez. Funny, I just signed in a couple minutes ago to see whether I'd get one of those big platinum discounts, although I wouldn't use it anyway because I haven't been playing. I did not get a big platinum discount offer.

I took a break because once I got the Umbra forma from this season of Nightwave* that was about all I could stand. I'll check it out when we get to the New War, but there hasn't been anything new released that's attractive enough to make me play, and I don't need any more copies of the stuff I already have.

So I stopped. Haven't played any video games at all for months, now that I think about it.

* It is still "this" season, isn't it? The one with the infested kid and Captain Kangaroo lookin' dude and the zealots/acolytes/whatevers? I got the forma before any of the "end of season" reveals happened, but for all I know we might be in season 3 or 4 by now. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

I got around 700p on hand, have over 20 rhino prime sets, still 7 or so hydroid sets. Set on plat clearly as I'm not going to go for tennobaum leader board again as I did last year. 

I got everything I want the only things I don't have won't boost me into MR28. Even if it did. I'm max rank in everything but ventkids which doesn't even matter at all given I bought the boards I needed with plat.

nightwave is over and even when it was active I felt the rewards were rather bad but then again I don't really need anything anymore. 

Everything is just too easy and the content that requires "skill" don't give stuff you actually want. Like Profit taker, exactly what does it drop for someone who's already done it a dozen times? 

I'm sure someones going to blame me for playing 5-6 years of content in 18-24 months. 

• Like 1

waiting for empyrean to just roam around and screw around in space just not in a rush to do a bunch of stuff. a friend bought me D2 and after they went f2p a lot of things feel worse to me so i'm dropping that for now too after i do moon campaign with a friend. Not saying it's horrible but it's a big disappointment and I was under the impression they'd listen to a lot of things but they didn't' and the pulled the reigns too tight on a lot of things not letting anything really flourish. And the game is very solo unfriendly anyways.

Vermintide 2 i'm picking back up a little cause i didn't really delve deep into that and it's a fun game. and just hitting my backlog and keeping an eye on warframe for when deluxe skins and stuff releases. 

Edited by (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam

On 2019-10-17 at 5:53 AM, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Hey guys! I just wanted to see if any active forum users were on break with wf and why? 

Ill start.

Its nothing for me to do and I’ve been enjoying destiny with my friends 

To be fair, the reason why i play less Warframe is because i started to play sandbox games like Starbound and Terraria more often. I also took some liberty to play the lego batman trilogy on EGS (because it was free).

I also attempted to play Destiny 2, but it was difficult, due to the connection problems (and by that, i mean that i couldn't login at all).

On 2019-10-17 at 11:53 AM, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Hey guys! I just wanted to see if any active forum users were on break with wf and why? 

Ill start.

Its nothing for me to do and I’ve been enjoying destiny with my friends

I take a break bc no contents drop and busy with my work at the moment. Might comeback when it drop and still enjoy competitive game 😉

Well, if I’m being honest, it’s just because Warframe’s become a tad boring to me, but the fact that Borderlands 3 came out recently is also certainly a factor.

Though I do still log in every once in a while since I’m still at least trying to complete my goal of having every single unique weapon in the game, though it’s not much of a reason to play consistently. For me, at least.

17 hours ago, 844448 said:

Profit-Taker?

Exploiter?

Eidolon?

ESO?

Arbitration?

Profit taker: drops nothing people need after 3-5 runs if that even. Remember how quickly DE buffed it's drops when it first came out. There's a reason it drops like 200-250k credits, because it drops virtually nothing else useful. 

Exploiter: is a decently fun fight, not as cumbersome as profit taker but not as easy. But the problem is the same. unless you want the ephiemras or whatever they are called. you don't have any reason to farm that boss. 

Eidolon: It drops more useful things (arcanes) which you can need a lot of. But it's locked to less then half of a IRL day and only opens for 50 mins at a time. there's no good reason for this other then DE doesn't want people farming arcanes and nothing else. Because people would. 

ESO: if you need XP or just want random rad relics, it's fine. But I only do it solo. 

Arbys: other then having okay roast beef and good curly fries DE just diluted the loot pool with useless mods that veterans, the only players the game mode is for won't use asides for joke builds. They tried to make the game mode easier by allowing convoluted revives and having revives takes away at least some accountability. People there should be responsible for themselves, not a teammate who dies every 5 mins. 

6 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

Profit taker: drops nothing people need after 3-5 runs if that even. Remember how quickly DE buffed it's drops when it first came out. There's a reason it drops like 200-250k credits, because it drops virtually nothing else useful. 

Exploiter: is a decently fun fight, not as cumbersome as profit taker but not as easy. But the problem is the same. unless you want the ephiemras or whatever they are called. you don't have any reason to farm that boss. 

Eidolon: It drops more useful things (arcanes) which you can need a lot of. But it's locked to less then half of a IRL day and only opens for 50 mins at a time. there's no good reason for this other then DE doesn't want people farming arcanes and nothing else. Because people would. 

ESO: if you need XP or just want random rad relics, it's fine. But I only do it solo. 

Arbys: other then having okay roast beef and good curly fries DE just diluted the loot pool with useless mods that veterans, the only players the game mode is for won't use asides for joke builds. They tried to make the game mode easier by allowing convoluted revives and having revives takes away at least some accountability. People there should be responsible for themselves, not a teammate who dies every 5 mins. 

Perhaps this is the root of the problem, you don't play for the gameplay, you play for the loot which with how DE try to avoid massive grinding with randomness on drop you will run out of that drive faster than other games. Perhaps the riven mods suit your taste better

Revive on arbitration? Guess because people complain some host with garbage skills die too often and rage quit from getting their pride hurt. At best I can say set to invite only or spam that start mission so you start as host beside your profile icon

The game simply isn't fun to play and boring. Some people care enough about the game still to say something genuinely how they feel about it and are treated like the bad guy or a community leper. The state of the game shows it. Complacency is killing the fun factor to the game.

Devs avoid addressing questions around the most dominated topics in feedback on dev stream if they're even presented. Topics sometimes gaining heavy visibility and traction on the forums addressing the fun factor element are merged into deep pages of other threads where they are no longer visible to exposure with the original topic intentions and are left to fade out.

Its' taboo and uphill battle for those to speak honestly about how they're feeling about the state of the game and development if they aren't following the status quo. White Knights bash anyone not drinking the koolaid (White Knight to me is anyone who can't even have a reasonable conversation on disagreeing and immediately resorts to insults and shaming, pointing to elements nowhere mentioned in a post while not formulating a counter argument).

TLDR Those trying to be honest about how they feel about the game with concerns actually resonating through the game aren't treated seriously.

People who genuinely care about Warframe as much as anyone else in the community (perhaps even more) are ironically getting pushed aside even when sharing very convincing arguments or legitimate concerns to the game. This even includes some of their most high profile content creators.

Edited by ikkabotz