Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

endgame conntent DE could easily create

C104

11 minutes ago, (PS4)cardinalphoenix said:

I'm all for an Infested variant to certain weapons, much like Prisma, Wraith, and Vandal weapons exist. However, locking them behind 3 hour survivals is a bad idea.

Call me a casual all you want, but there are plenty of people who literally don't have time for that. I spend a TON of time playing Warframe every day, every week, every month. So I don't personally have a major issue pushing myself to do that. However, endurance survivals that essentially encourage being addicted and no-lifing the game shouldn't be the benchmark for difficulty and achievement.

I understand the desire for difficulty, and I feel this can be accomplished in other ways. I do approve of the Infested variant weapons, though, that'd be great. 

this i can agree with. i prefer that i only do long range endurance runs by choice rather then a necessity. most of the time i stick till 20 mins unless i need to extract earlier because life. but then again i usually stick to playing myself because most of this community rubs me the wrong way with their constant  bickering of difficulty and the occasional hostility toward people that are just trying to enjoy the game, because they are bored and the want challenge.

4 hours ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

Rewards in long survival won't happen because this game is full of casuals that never play past rotation A.

Thats indeed the problem. If DE puts something in the game thats 'hard' (content where you have to know what your doing instead of brainless shooting and casting abilities) they will complain that its 2 hard even though its just seeing how for you can go.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb C104:

So my proposal is to create a new infested variant, maybe a new grenier and corpus variant of weapons we already have and reward them in long survival (1h, 1.30h 2h 2.30h 3h) to provide an endgame and challenge players. 

I didnt read all the answers and i guess someone said this already but:

• Endgame shouldnt mean that we have to sit for hours in a mission
  • when i play for such a long time nonstop i feel bored at the beginning and tired at the end
  • this means when i get to the interesting part, i cant really enjoy it anymore
  • It should already be challenging as soon we start the mission

Btw: I do enjoy longer runs, but i consider 1h a long run already, and i hate having to go through the boring part each time...

(Nothing wrong with a short "Warmup" though, like 5 minutes with weaker enemies to find your way into the mission)

Edit: i think Disruption does many things right for example with different conditions for each conduit, the constant flow of Minibosses and fast gameplay.

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:
  • It should already be challenging as soon we start the mission

Kinda the only thing I disagree with, and that's disagreement is mild.

There's something to be said about accessibility in games. Accessibility and ease of difficulty is often decried by many because more people can all complete the content. But it also means everyone can jump in. When things are too hard, it gates people out. Which I won't say is "unfair," but many people want action that's easy and therapeutic, rather than tactical and stressful. I'll be honest...I loved what little time I spent playing Darkest Dungeon...but I found it was stressing ME out as much as my characters.

That said, I think many of the updates and additions coming to Warframe stand to both enhance the experience for casuals and people who want easy experiences, AND people who want to push themselves into more challenging territory. Hard to do, but if both of those schools can be appeased, we'll be in good shape.

Putting rewards on endurance runs, no plz, I have, like, better stuff to do (maybe not), but no.

Boss, raids, anything but lame endurance run, and you still want on survival, like, you have to wait 5 mins for it. Defense you can at least speed up witn Nova, Saryn, etc.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb belanya:

Another day, another endgame suggestion, another guy barking up the wrong tree

And yeah, endurance run is one of the worst game design i ever seen... I dont want to stay 3 hours in the same mission doing the exact same thing against the exact same enemies in the exact same location without being able to take a break for just a minute...

My friends and I liek to do exactly that

2 minutes ago, C104 said:

My friends and I liek to do exactly that

Long endurance runs aren't necessarily a bad thing. They just shouldn't be required and don't really constitute real difficulty, as once you nail a meta to handle such content, it becomes easy.

It's fine if you enjoy it. Not everyone has time for it. I completely agree with the discussion to incorporate more difficulty or tricky content in Warframe, but relegating that to more and more endurance runs would be a bad move.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (PS4)cardinalphoenix:

Long endurance runs aren't necessarily a bad thing. They just shouldn't be required and don't really constitute real difficulty, as once you nail a meta to handle such content, it becomes easy.

It's fine if you enjoy it. Not everyone has time for it. I completely agree with the discussion to incorporate more difficulty or tricky content in Warframe, but relegating that to more and more endurance runs would be a bad move.

even with my perfected GAra build (99% damage reduction, 21formas total, all maxed out mods) I still am challenged by 3h endurance runs

1 minute ago, C104 said:

even with my perfected GAra build (99% damage reduction, 21formas total, all maxed out mods) I still am challenged by 3h endurance runs

Well...good that you have the attention span for 3 plus hour endurance. Still shouldn't be the requirement for "difficulty" and "challenge."

Not to mention, endless missions in general, unless designed really well to actually be engaging beyond just "scaled up enemies," is super basic game design. Like, we're talking Atari 2600 "just keep playing and it gets harder" lack of creativity at this point.

No game in 2019 and beyond should be striving to push the limits on endless missions so players are staying in them for hours at a time. Yes...they're endless...and if you want a gold star or acknowledgement for doing that, great. But endless missions shouldn't be the thing we're trying to make better.