Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pretty tired of having to remove the Helminth Cyst over and over again. Permenant Cure?

(PSN)FK2P

Yeah, so the Helminth thing. I was thinking about it today, I have literally been removing this thing from all my frames everyday for at least 2-3 years now. Grows on your neck and you catch it from players, I have a lot of warframes, they all catch the cysts, and then I have to remove it from about 6-7 of them everyday. Can there be a way to stop this? Maybe a permanent cure? I don’t and never will want a kubrow of any kind, I spend half my time in arbitration’s reviving people’s dumb non-scaling pets, and because this is only tied to one thing (charger) I feel it’s a pretty annoying thing, not to mention a complete waste of a door on the ship. I would like there to be either an upgrade to the cyst, perhaps linking it to the kuva liches or something or inventing a cure perhaps as a competitive reward for clan vs clan in the future.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)FK2P said:

Yeah, so the Helminth thing. I was thinking about it today, I have literally been removing this thing from all my frames everyday for at least 2-3 years now. Grows on your neck and you catch it from players, I have a lot of warframes, they all catch the cysts, and then I have to remove it from about 6-7 of them everyday. Can there be a way to stop this? Maybe a permanent cure? I don’t and never will want a kubrow of any kind, I spend half my time in arbitration’s reviving people’s dumb non-scaling pets, and because this is only tied to one thing (charger) I feel it’s a pretty annoying thing, not to mention a complete waste of a door on the ship. I would like there to be either an upgrade to the cyst, perhaps linking it to the kuva liches or something or inventing a cure perhaps as a competitive reward for clan vs clan in the future.

If you remove it from the backroom, it will no longer grow on that specific frame ever again...

I am guessing you only went with the drain option in the pet incubator? 

you beat me to it if you cure it not just drain it its gone frm that frame forever and it will never  grow again..

and as for spending time reviving peoples pets then dont and its not a problem they will have to do it themselves or it just dies till the end...

if you dont know then really its your own fault....

took a whole of 10 seconds

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Helminth

Edited by zNightWolfz

3 minutes ago, (PS4)FK2P said:

The back room??????

In the back of the ship, there are three closed doors. One of them has some infested growth around it. Once your cyst has tendrils growing out of it, the door will open, leading to a very suspicious looking dentist's chair. Using it will remove the cyst permanetly, and will immunize that frame.

On another note, you might want to get the charger/other pets, and at least rank them up to 30, then consign them. You get mastery xp for maxing out pets, like with warframes and weapons, even if you get rid of them afterwards.

Только что, (PS4)FK2P сказал:

The back room??????

The infested room. It opens only for Nidus(thats how this infection started in a first place) or frames with fully grown cyst. See what Ordis have to save for you and use the chair - your selected frame will be cyst immune

hace 1 hora, (PS4)FK2P dijo:

Is it a joke, right?

hace 1 hora, (PS4)FK2P dijo:

The back room??????

Oh God, I can't...

Ho9yfd2.gif

1 hour ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

If you remove it from the backroom, it will no longer grow on that specific frame ever again...
I am guessing you only went with the drain option in the pet incubator? 

59 minutes ago, (PS4)FK2P said:

The back room??????

Honestly if we had to be more specific, i would say its the issue where we cannot simply toggle to have the cyst be removed from our visual gameplay(as far as i know, which honestly it should not show up till its at the point you can remove it) or straight up pre-vaccinate our warframes so we do not get cysts on them, especially when we already made the helminith charger and we have yet to get the ability to take multiple pets out at a time for walkies, so lets be TALKING ABOUT SUGGESTIONS ON HOW SUCH AN ANNOYANCE CAN BE FIXED.

1. If its not present yet, which might be in the creator mode or something function if it is, let us just toggle the visual off, if mobile games like Honkai impact 3rd can let you hide one of the character`s weapons (aka the gigantic fist weapons.~), i do not see why other games, have no issue letting us toggle off visually frustrating elements that serve no main purpose of gameplay and is more of a side-bonus to the release of a particular character/class/warframe.
  2. Let it just be setup by default that soon as we claim a warframe, we can have Ordis make sure to inject a vaccine so we do not have to deal with helminth`s `beauty` on our latest warframes, when we already have one of those as a frozen Popsicle in stasis, till d.e. decides to get to the X.0 for pets, after taking so long to finally, supposedly, getting us melee 3.0, hopefully this month or early November. Which if we want one, then we could toggle off the vaccination issue and run a excalibur or something thru a relay then turn it back on afterwards.
  3. Just freaking change how we get the cyst all-together. Have it once we bring nidus into the helminth nursery, we have the option to inject a helminth cyst onto a warframe and then we get the cyst for making one, have it be an exclusive bonus to getting the warframe itself, aka remove the ability to `share` it to other players. SINCE, the helminth charger is honestly not even that amazing of a pet, when we have pets like helios/carrier/wyrm who can lug around vigilante/gladiator mod sets for meme-tier damage potential or kavats who can grant ever-useful damage boons and actually have precepts that help them stay alive and can even stack a particular mod to stack further death defying on themselves. This whole infectious cyst gag pretty much died as far as the hype for a deluxe skin, once people got bored of using said war frame which they never liked using much before when they have likely 6 other ones they use more often, especially in casual content.

TL;DR: Thing needs a changing, since till doggos get revamped and sentinels have a use beyond precept/set mod slave, the doggo is just a decoration that you either use with inaros for maximum meme-age or you use it as a sub-par companion. To where i think people would rather keep funky fresh fashion, then be forced to not use a warframe for several days after using it for one day, to avoid seeing that nasty cyst on its neck till they can force helminth to commit genocide on its own `beauty`. But still honestly just let us toggle the visual of the thing off if we cant remove it before its completely grown.