Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Helmet Disadvantages

mudbouggin

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Not all arcanes are energize and grace though, so they very much clock in at being equal to or better than several. If you dont want the bonus, dont use the helmet, simple as that. Just as I dont use my parkour arcanes in either of my arcane slots. I would however trade one of those arcane slots for some of the arcane helmets without a doubt. I would use Frost's helmet in a heartbeat if I had it since it would max out his avalanche armor strip in my build without needing GP, which would open up a slot for Steel Charge instead.

This guy gets it.

• Like 1

Just now, Zilchy said:

What relevance does that have? You basically just proved my point. I also don't need wiki to tell me how Frost works thanks.

Do you see the part about base health. Also, I'm using it as a resource, I'm not one to use random numbers.

6 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Not all arcanes are energize and grace though, so they very much clock in at being equal to or better than several. If you dont want the bonus, dont use the helmet, simple as that. Just as I dont use my parkour arcanes in either of my arcane slots. I would however trade one of those arcane slots for some of the arcane helmets without a doubt. I would use Frost's helmet in a heartbeat if I had it since it would max out his avalanche armor strip in my build without needing GP, which would open up a slot for Steel Charge instead.

edit: I would also use Mag's any day of the week since a free 25% extra range is better than most things you can get on arcanes for her.

Can can still purchase them from people. So if you want it, you can still get it.

2 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

So it would make me stronger? 

Do you not want to be?

1 minute ago, sleepychewbacca said:

And to think this thread would be better off in Feedback. 

GD, it's just going to get ignored. Oh well. 

Another hot topic going nowhere. 

Also I don't post a lot in the forums so I didn't know where to post it.  Just figured I would post it anywhere, but if people like Zilchy just lurk around the forums, then I'm not posting again.

Edited by mudbouggin

Just now, mudbouggin said:

It has an immediate effect on the stat. Maximum is talking about when you start a mission, what the stat shows.

It doesnt matter if it has an immediate effect or not, it does not effect base health.

Base health is the health value that a frame has completely unmodded at rank 0. You'd need massive amounts of negative max health to ever reduce the max health to something below base health. Frost for instance has a base health of 100, Inaros has a base health of 500.

So on someone like Frost, even if unmodded, the +armor -health helmet would need a considerably higher amount of negative health % to ever effect snowglobe, it would need to take his unmodded health from 300 down to below 100. Though I'm fairly sure base health calculations are static, even if you for some odd reason in a very specific scenario would drop below the base health threshold.