Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sacrificial Exalted Blade is Limited

Area_Of_Effect

Okay, new to the forums, bare with me... 

What's the point of the Sacrificial mods on the Exalted Blade (mostly Sacrificial Steel). I've tried dozens of varying configurations, but Exalted Blade does not seem like it's a viable crit weapon at all.

It feels like without Chromatic Blade, Condition Overload or Both, a crit build just won't hold up against enemies. Worse yet, Blood Rush can not be equipped on it. So again, "why?" 

Compare Exalted Blade to the Skiajati which has similar Critical Chance and Critical Damage with the mods equipped. The Skiajati's saving grace in a crit build is Blood Rush. Without it, it's viable up to maybe level 50 enemies at best.

LSS: On Non-Chromatic Blade/Condition Overload builds, Blood Rush should be allowed on Exalted Blade. In fact, I bet this is a problem on most exalted weapons. Would like to hear your thoughts on it. I'd like a Furious Javelin build with Critical Exalted Blade be viable. 

Edit: Melee has gotten a polarising overhaul (I actually like melee a lot better now, but who cares), and there were even changes to mods like Blood Rush, but it still can't be equipped, last I checked. Sure EB feels slightly stronger than before because of the combo counter changes and any stat changes to match, but... still not a good crit weapon which still leaves me asking.., "Why Sacrificial Steel?" Honestly, it's not even a great status based weapon with a base chance of, I believe 10%? However it was given mods to compensate for that, so why not for crit? 

Honestly, at this point, it just sounds like whining, but I just needed to make an update to this and end it there. 

Edited by Area_Of_Effect

Don't use the sacrificial mods, primed pressure point out performs sacrificial pressure even with full set bonus. EB pretty much demands chromatic blade and CO.

The energy wave attacks don't add to combo counter anyway last I checked, so blood rush wouldn't be as useful as you'd think.

You can sort of get blood rush's effect if you run helios + deconstructor as a stat stick. If you install gladiator mods the set bonus applies to your exalted melee as well, even if helios dies.

Edited by CephalonDizzy

I just use it to give the critical chance a bit more leeway to get a more consistent beserker bonus. 30% more attack speed than Primed Fury, and you can still fit CO and all your elemental mods on - a full umbral intensify and power drift is enough to give you 100% critical chance so you can go full 110% (or 165%) extra damage for your elemental mods.

I'm certain it's not optimal but it saves some of the pain of waving your sword around at 0.83 attack speed for a few more swings.

I hope a second EB augment is given to Excalibur which allows for more critical viability.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CephalonDizzy said:

Don't use the sacrificial mods, primed pressure point out performs sacrificial pressure even with full set bonus. EB pretty much demands chromatic blade and CO.

The energy wave attacks don't add to combo counter anyway last I checked, so blood rush wouldn't be as useful as you'd think.

You can sort of get blood rush's effect if you run helios + deconstructor as a stat stick. If you install gladiator mods the set bonus applies to your exalted melee as well, even if helios dies.

Hmm is this how I reply? Anyways, yeah I realize primed pressure is better than sacrificial, but I was mostly just wondering why Exalted Blade is limited so much in terms of builds and mods. If I remember right, DE said they don't like when people rely on a meta. 

I think one of the augments adds to the combo timer, but that's another mod slot you'll have to give up and the amount it ads feels lackluster. 

As for the Helios bit, that feels too much like a compromise unfortunately..  I'd have to reconfigure my loadout to do that. Rn, I'm enjoying doing long runs with my Kubrow. Thanks for the reply btw. 

Edit: Primed will provide a damage boost, but it'll leave the overall problem still there. 

Edited by Area_Of_Effect

16 minutes ago, iLightning13 said:

I just use it to give the critical chance a bit more leeway to get a more consistent beserker bonus. 30% more attack speed than Primed Fury, and you can still fit CO and all your elemental mods on - a full umbral intensify and power drift is enough to give you 100% critical chance so you can go full 110% (or 165%) extra damage for your elemental mods.

I'm certain it's not optimal but it saves some of the pain of waving your sword around at 0.83 attack speed for a few more swings.

I hope a second EB augment is given to Excalibur which allows for more critical viability.

I hope they make an augment too. Thanks for the reply. 

I think you're describing a build with Chromatic Blade. I actually have a really good build with that (181% Str for 100% Status), but began questioning why they gave this illusion of the weapon being crit viable. Primed Fury works great on its own, so technically don't need Berserker and in turn that Sacrificial Steel. I honestly wanted to ask them directly too, but... I don't think that's a thing? 

• Like 1

31.5% crit chance coupled with a critty and a gladiator stat stick still works very well for damage once you start facing something worthwhile. 

On trash enemies you can mod your EB with pressure point, fury, and two elemental mods and still wipe the floor with them. 

• Like 1

I think while it’s not a crit-focused weapon, Exalted Umbra Blade is at least “viable” for crits. It’s not optimal and you’ll usually need a specialized set up to take full advantage of it, but it certainly can kill things regardless.

My current crit set-up relies on a few aspects: 

• Arcane Avenger for that additive crit chance bonus.
  • As much Gladiator set mods as I can stack on my melee weapon.
  • Swift Momentum aura mod and Naramon focus for increased combo duration while saving a slot in my Exalted Blade build.
  • Surging Dash augment to boost the speed that I gain combo multiplier. Optional but really helpful for non-endless runs.

Basically I build up combo in EB using Surging Dash to take advantage of the pseudo-Blood Rush Gladiator set mod bonus, ending up with pretty consistent yellow and orange crits (without a crit cat, obviously). I can even fit in Chromatic Blade and Condition Overload! 

Would it be easier to just run a regular Chromatic Blade build? Yup. Is a Primed Pressure Point build stronger? Definitely! But hey, it works.

Edited by ExcaliburUmbra
Cat
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Area_Of_Effect said:

I hope they make an augment too. Thanks for the reply. 

I think you're describing a build with Chromatic Blade. I actually have a really good build with that (181% Str for 100% Status), but began questioning why they gave this illusion of the weapon being crit viable. Primed Fury works great on its own, so technically don't need Berserker and in turn that Sacrificial Steel. I honestly wanted to ask them directly too, but... I don't think that's a thing? 

Yeah I use a chromatic blade build, 181% strength too (plenty of space for adaptation and other utility gubbins). I think Sacrificial Steel was mostly made for the Skiajati. Main story quests aren't particularly difficult so if you used that as a source for crit during The New War it'll probably give you a decent level of difficulty for those missions. They probably stuck the umbral polarities on his EB as an afterthought because it was called Umbral.

Beserker really isn't necessary, but I like it for the extra fun of swinging your sword faster. In its place you could get another element mod in for an extra proc of condition overload. But then again you'll melt anything regardless.

Maybe make a post in the Feedback section about how Exalted Blade doesn't allow much build variety. If you look at Iron Staff there's a bunch of different things you could do because both the crit and status stats are decently high, so excal should get something like that (or better, considering he's not as tanky).

• Like 1

On 2019-10-17 at 5:58 PM, ExcaliburUmbra said:

I think while it’s not a crit-focused weapon, Exalted Umbra Blade is at least “viable” for crits. It’s not optimal and you’ll usually need a specialized set up to take full advantage of it, but it certainly can kill things regardless.

My current crit set-up relies on a few aspects: 

• Arcane Avenger for that additive crit chance bonus.
  • As much Gladiator set mods as I can stack on my melee weapon.
  • Swift Momentum aura mod and Naramon focus for increased combo duration while saving a slot in my Exalted Blade build.
  • Surging Dash augment to boost the speed that I gain combo multiplier. Optional but really helpful for non-endless runs.

Basically I build up combo in EB using Surging Dash to take advantage of the pseudo-Blood Rush Gladiator set mod bonus, ending up with pretty consistent yellow and orange crits (without a crit cat, obviously). I can even fit in Chromatic Blade and Condition Overload! 

Would it be easier to just run a regular Chromatic Blade build? Yup. Is a Primed Pressure Point build stronger? Definitely! But hey, it works.

Heard of such a combination. Saw its really effective. But the fact that it needs such a work around has me a tad salty.

16 hours ago, iLightning13 said:

Yeah I use a chromatic blade build, 181% strength too (plenty of space for adaptation and other utility gubbins). I think Sacrificial Steel was mostly made for the Skiajati. Main story quests aren't particularly difficult so if you used that as a source for crit during The New War it'll probably give you a decent level of difficulty for those missions. They probably stuck the umbral polarities on his EB as an afterthought because it was called Umbral.

Beserker really isn't necessary, but I like it for the extra fun of swinging your sword faster. In its place you could get another element mod in for an extra proc of condition overload. But then again you'll melt anything regardless.

Maybe make a post in the Feedback section about how Exalted Blade doesn't allow much build variety. If you look at Iron Staff there's a bunch of different things you could do because both the crit and status stats are decently high, so excal should get something like that (or better, considering he's not as tanky).

Oooo I love that idea. I'll look for that channel. I was supposed to explore this site in the first place. And yeah, it actually might have been an afterthought...  😕