Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give us the option to prevent others from using abilites on us, stop the trolls!

Zero273

Hi,
Give us an option which prevent others from casting their abilities which can target Allies, to be specific Loki third and Limbo first in a similar fashion of muting Octavia Mandachord: Ally mandachird Volume in Audio option.
Warframe is a PVE  were most people are cool and very friendly, yet some people find a way to express their toxic personalities in a very absurd way.
I played this game long enough (3000+ hours) to tell with confidence that the abilities I mention earlier are troll when target allied warframes, I totally understand if it target hostage to protect it or move it faster and prevent damage but I can not remember one time it was used on random player unless it is a troll (you can troll your friend to your heart content but not strangers).
I face it countless time were a Loki player troll me, keep switching and abuse it to drive me insane.

I don't mind Limbo because it's free energy regen. I also don't mind Loki if they are running the switch teleport augment for invulnerability. There are 2 sides to every coin, and I don't think we should start making more and more options for "toggling other players" unless said option is specifically a matchmaking option. You can simply leave missions where players are annoying you if it bothers you that much...

• Like 1

Well, there's already that for some, such as "roll" to leave Limbo's rift, or backflip to exit Volt's speed. But most of these are meant as teamplay elements, even if they can be abused on certain situations. Even Loki's teleport is useful if used correctly on allies.

So something could be done, yes, but without erasing possible team synergy mechanics imho.

Been thinking..

What if you could put a small aesthetic somewhere on your frame as a Ward for these abilities?

Like a small ribbon or something. No limit to them.
Just something to prevent Banish optionally, serving also as a subtle visual Que not to bother/try.
Well, banish, volt speed... the usual suspects that bug people.

Edited by kapn655321

lmao why would you want to limit us like that?!? Haven't you ever heard the phrase, "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em"? Loki trolling you with switches? Banish the #*!%er and keep him banished for the mission! Volt trolling you with speed boost? Banish! Self-rad procs? Banish! Banish problems? Banish! Then team up to troll both of your other teammates.

On 2019-10-17 at 4:39 PM, Psianide73 said:

No... Teleporting afk leechers into the action is a Zod-given right.

I agree with f*cking with AFK players !! But this thread isn't about AFK players !!

That being said - forced group active abilities like VOLT'S SPEED is hidnering to gameplay - period.  Especially when players constantly spam this ability.  Why is this NOT an AUGMENT that extends Volt's base speed ability instead of being a primary ability ?  First - Volt having speed is not an issue when it's just that player. But when it's forced onto every player in the group whether they want it or not - this is uncalled for.

When Gauss came out DE pointed out thatrr Volt really isn't a "speed frame".  This is essentially true - he's a frame that harnesses Electricity in the same manner that Ember harnesses Fire or Frost harnesses Ice or Hydroid harnesses Water etc ... And should really be reworked to reflect that more.  His other 3 (plus passive) abilities reflect this and it seems that since the beginnign of the game that there weren't any "speed frames" to speak of that speed was tacked onto Volt as an after thought.  When Nezha came along; the speed seemed to be better integrated and less of an after thought and these 2 frames (Volt and Nezha) seemed to be "good enough" for what passed as a speed frame until the game was built out more. UNtil Gauss came along and inserted a true speed frame into the gameplay.  Now Volt is showing it's failure and the speed ability stands out much more as an added on afterthought after going back and forth with all 3 "speed frames".

With all of the nooks anmd crannies that DE has built into the game -- like a tiny shelf above almost all doorways (wetf was that about -- level designer had a thing for ledges ?) -- or the protrusions on the sides like lockers and MOA housings and cargo crates and so on -- for someone that is not playing all speed all the time and isn't used to high pace jaunt through those types of levels -- it doesn't help that a Volt playuer thinks that you are moving too slow and comes to boost your speed -- in the end it takes mroe time due to having to correct for the high speed crash into a side box or under a stair incline -- then having to back out and move around it more slowly to progress. Whedn I get a Volt player poking a stick at me because I'm moving too slow -- I deliberately slow down my progression and many times simply do not get to the end of the map and force them to wait out until enough players get to the end lcoation and the timer starts and ride out the full timer.  Payback's a b*tch.

One thought for a rework of Volt's "speed ability" would be for him to have more of an electrical dash or jump across the map akin to Ashes / Loki's Teleport but he stays visible and generates an electrical wake that remains similar to Nezha's Fire Walker.  This would keep him "fast" to an extent and remove the group enhancement for those that are constantly irritated by it.

I get idiots playing Limbo that will constantly throw Allies (or enemeies into the Rift at random.  There's al;readdy enough choas during a group session with all of the explosions and effects going off - then you find yourself stranding there trying to kill a group of enemies that aren't dying no matter how much you toss ata thyem.  Only to realize that some moron player has tossed you into the Rift.  Easy enough to roll out and kill the targets - but when the targets are the ones in the Rift and you are on a mission that's timed or has a kill count and will not progress until the targets -- IN THE RIFT -- are killed but you can't touch them because some damned noob doesn't know how to use Limbo OR some high level player can't be bothered to stop spamming Rift abilities left and right -- it becomes very annoying very fast.

NOTE: Loki's Switch Teleport can also be annoying as hell at times.  I have had players that were lagging exceedingly behind me switch positions with me and force me to have to retraverse a full area after recovering from the distorientation of the instant new location.  This does not happen nearly as frequently as Limbo or especially Volt. But it does happen from times to time.

This leads more to a rework of Abilities that might directly hinder group play

In the end -- If I get into a PUG session and I see a Volt or Limbo (especially lower level players) I will almost always bail on that session because I know what's coming most of the time.  Both Frames if not used cooperatively fully hiner anyone's ability to actully play the game.  I also bail if I get into a session and find high level players just being asses because it's definitely not worth it when they know better and know what they're doing and simply causing problems for gameplay.  There's no reporting mechanism for "player spamming the f*ck out of Limbo/Volt and bothering everybody".  At least with the high level players aI stick around long enough to see if they're going to work with the group or against it.

So until a rework that doesn't force active abilities onto every player ina group -- I just continue to mostly avoid those warframes when they show up.

To be fair -- Rhino's Roar is more of a passive ability that every group member gets -- but who is really going to complain about a 17% strength boost to help kill trargets faster ? Wisp has an inherent speed boost in her first ability.  But it' up to that player to deploy it to begin with over the electric discharge or the health cap increase.  And even then other group members can choose NOT to move within range of the boost. No one is complaining about TGrinity's ability to keep your energy maxed out faster than you can deplete it. Or Oberon healing the hell out of players.  These are all more cohesive abilites that benefitr everyone in the group.

Abusing Trinity's energy ability would be shwoing up with Trinity and not using it at all in a situtation where someone should have thought about bringin their own readily available energy supply. Abusing Rhino's Roar would simply be to not use it to boot everyone's strength. But again players aren't complaining to DE about how so-and-so didn't use Rhino's Roar to allow them to kill targets faster now are they. Even OCtaia has OPT-IN shared abilities (and these the player has to put in some effort to activate).

This isn't the first "Volt speed is an issue" thread. And probably won't be the last until changes are made to Volt (and subsequently Limbo and probably Loki and any other Frame that can abuse a decent game experience for a player because some jackhole decides they want to abuse something and irritate players. And DE has their roadmap and they care very little about overhauling the outlying major problems that are obvious with the game over releasing constantly new broken content -- because new content -- even if it's broken -- is way more important than putting out a solid and polished product that works and where features ingame aren't constantly abused for years and years without the company addressing said issues.

I don't have a dog in the hunt on any of this. I vented / got it out of my head and I don't care either way.  I have my workarounds as mentioned above for abusive players until DE bothers to fix these types of problems as a priority over new flashy bling (Railjack) -- hell POE and Fortuna are still broken as f*ck.  And I avoid Fortuna and don't have Hidryn (or Baruuk) because of how absolutely f*cking broken it is. But honestly I've played most of the rest of the game and not missing out on much.

In short -- Volt's 2nd Ability really needs to be addressed and something needs to be done about those that spam the ability -- what ever form that takes -- so that it stops hindering or irritating other players. Limbo and Loki would also need to be addressed in the same fashion but to a lesser extent. No other Frames really seem to cause a negative impact on gameplay at the abuse of the player using them.  There are some weapons that can damge players -- but again a different thread (and not a complaint).

Edited by uberfu

You never lived in the days of getting trolled by a vauban OP, you have it easy. Nova's can also be a nightmare. During clan raids on section 2 we used to complete it and a Vauban would run forwards and lay bounce pads all thru the low corridor and the nova would portal you into them. And then there's the bright neon pink bastille spam and tesla pods ALL OVER YOUR FRAME. The guys got me down to 10 fps trying to crash my PC.

Edited by Zilchy

On 2019-10-17 at 5:19 PM, kapn655321 said:

Been thinking..

What if you could put a small aesthetic somewhere on your frame as a Ward for these abilities?

Like a small ribbon or something. No limit to them.
Just something to prevent Banish optionally, serving also as a subtle visual Que not to bother/try.
Well, banish, volt speed... the usual suspects that bug people.

Why does every other player around a Volt player have to accommodate said Voilt player ?  Why not just have DE fix/change the f*cking ability ? Your solution is the tail wagging the dog.

Edited by uberfu

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

You never lived in the days of getting trolled by a vauban OP, you have it easy. Nova's can also be a nightmare.

Those are no longer the case right ?
Those abilities werew fixed to not do what you descibe anymore right ?
So why not have DE address Volt and Limbo now ?

You make it sound like since currently players don't have to deal with whatever horrendous nonsense that came from Nova and Vauban and that players today have it easier that we should all just shut up and live with the current bullsh*t.

2 minutes ago, uberfu said:

Those are no longer the case right ?
Those abilities werew fixed to not do what you descibe anymore right ?
So why not have DE address Volt and Limbo now ?

You make it sound like since currently players don't have to deal with whatever horrendous nonsense that came from Nova and Vauban and that players today have it easier that we should all just shut up and live with the current bullsh*t.

No you can still spam them a bit. And you can certainly still troll with a nova no worries at all. So no, they didn't fix them. Limbo's abilities are actually quite useful in the hands of a skilled player so it makes sense not to change them, just don't play public and you'll remove the problem entirely.

Edited by Zilchy

4 hours ago, uberfu said:

Why does every other player around a Volt player have to accommodate said Voilt player ?  Why not just have DE fix/change the f*cking ability ? Your solution is the tail wagging the dog.

The alternative is I have to lose the ability to get said buffs easily, and Not wanting those is a choice.

If they find an alternative that satisfies everyone, I'd take that obviously.
In Lieu of that, an ability for a player to opt out, Without making the menus and more cluttered will be functional.
Besides, they might be able to be flashier for it.
Little fashion frame to say, "No, thanks," automatically for you both in function and visual cue.

Could be a Samaris line of aesthetic.

4 hours ago, Zilchy said:

*picks up mobile defense key as limbo, presses shift and goes to lunch*.

That is an interesting thought.

What if we could snag that from each other?
In case someone afk's with it like a goober.

Fast guy can't deal with the Rhino sauntering over with it,
or someone's lost/new and doesn't know how to switch weapons yet.
Suppose that could be done. (Press X to take)

1 minute ago, kapn655321 said:

That is an interesting thought.

What if we could snag that from each other?
In case someone afk's with it like a goober.

Fast guy can't deal with the Rhino sauntering over with it,
or someone's lost/new and doesn't know how to switch weapons yet.
Suppose that could be done. (Press X to take)

That'd be fun lol but definitely trollish. I usually juat stick to Nova portalling clan mates. 😄

Edited by Zilchy

3 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

That'd be fun lol but definitely trollish 😄

Well, the alternative you mentioned was trollish..
and to the fast guy, the slow lost player not taking it to point is trollish..

But I can see that, too.

Would the new meta be Gauss stealing the mobile defense thing and running it 1000m away only to leave game?
He could do that now if he gets it first, but hasn't been so far.
Suppose people could just take it back, exit game, report that person if they have a pattern of bankrupting games, I dunno.

It's a thought, though.

Edited by kapn655321