Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remember when Anthem was gonna be the Warframe killer?

slaking21

6 minutes ago, Kimimoto said:

Remember when Destiny broke away from Activision and kicked Warframe off the top 10 on steam

Remember when this was during a trough in Warframe's playercount, and D2 was during the early adoption period?

(seriously, wait a month or two before conclusions are drawn.)

Edited by Loza03
  • Like 2

Anthem was an absolute tragedy. I don't think destiny 2 moving to steam is going to really kill warframe, either. Maybe it'll do well for itself!

but if anything kills warframe, it's going to be DE themselves. And man have they been tryin'! If railjack crashes and burns (which I expect but I'm a pessimist!), things are gonna be looking pretty bleak for a while. Though I'm sure the game will still survive for quite a long time even if the playerbase declines a lot.

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Remember Disruptions? Yeah, neither do the rest of the whiny vets.

the game mode from five months ago that got copy-paste slapped onto a bunch of other planets recently with terrible reward tables that ignored all feedback the initial release had gotten? Though honestly I didn't even realize it had been five months already until I decided to check that out of curiosity.

I also do actually like the gameplay of the mode, too, but MAN were they set on making it really unrewarding to balance out how "generous" the game mode was by giving all C rotations. I guess it meant Gauss was relatively pleasant to farm! and that after getting gauss that particular node just has 30% dead drops forever after, so don't do that one again.

though the other bit of recent content was... The really feeble nightwave finale boss fight, I guess? Some people apparently liked it because it had a screen health bar.

edit: To their credit though it looks like they might have just finally improved disruption rewards significantly with this newest hotfix?

Edited by OvisCaedo

I've been around the block. Warframe is special. It gives you a lot of freedom and choice compared to games with bs 12 second cooldowns, no double jumping, slow movement, constricting and small maps, not allowing you to work towards being able to solo stuff or really be powerful or self sufficient etc.

Yea, in 5 years I'll be upset that it's not the game I started in 2019, but for now I'm gonna enjoy the journey.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

D2 as a f2p game is a worse f2p game then warframe and this is after paying for expansions i'm not too worried.

I do remember anthem being hyped up so much. a lot of it was from fans themselves. honestly it's just a depressing story and bioware, while it is there fault also got in over their head and it's a bummer.

Destiny is heading in a good direction, I wish I could say warframe was doing the same.

I think what killed anthem before launch was the lack of a core design idea, it didn't know what it wanted to be.

> people thinking a game can be "killed". there's always a few loyal players for even the worst games, even if it's a couple basement dwellers and nothing more.

Destiny 2 was OK, but my interest petered out after a while. it is however quite interesting to see Bungie going full tilt without the shackles of Activision holding them back. as long as DE don't go full EA/Ubisoft/Activision, Warframe should be fine.

Has there ever been a game touted as '[some other game] killer' that actually managed to do that?

Also, it's rather hilarious how people still want to blame Activision on Destiny's shortcomings. By most accounts, Activision was actually pretty hands-off with the entire thing and the bad decisions were on Bungie.

6 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

Has there ever been a game touted as '[some other game] killer' that actually managed to do that?

Also, it's rather hilarious how people still want to blame Activision on Destiny's shortcomings. By most accounts, Activision was actually pretty hands-off with the entire thing and the bad decisions were on Bungie.

I was right, Activision did nothing wrong

Another "rise of iron" DLC, 4 season passes where the other 3 need you to pay. Who's to blame now?

i do! and i laughed in their face the second i played the first beta.

i was really looking forward to anthem, but just playing it... you could tell there was nothing they could change to make it better and there was no coming back from that heap of garbage that it was.

Edited by Talinthis

12 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

Also, it's rather hilarious how people still want to blame Activision on Destiny's shortcomings. By most accounts, Activision was actually pretty hands-off with the entire thing and the bad decisions were on Bungie

Just because they weren't actively pressuring Bungie to make certain decisions or making the calls themselves doesn't mean they weren't the deciding factor behind the bad ones. They were basically working as investors, after all. Everyone knows how investors affect business decisions - making them happy becomes one of the primary decisions. "Don't bite the hand that feeds you" and all that.

For example, adding more microtransaction elements. Do you think if they didn't have a notoriously greedy publisher that releases games early, that if they needed to have a considerable delay (not the first time this happened, I might add. Bungie ain't completely blameless) to fix the fact their development was hell, that they wouldn't suggest something to appease the publisher?

5 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

Destiny broke away from Activision, it's free now, they ain't slowing down

People have been burned before.

6 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

Remember when Destiny broke away from Activision and kicked Warframe off the top 10 on steam

Yeah sadly I do remember destiny going f2p but they make you skip 90% of the game so don't feel like they have confidence in the game. As they don't let new players start from the start and just slam them into the end. It has possiblity to be a nice game if they fix new player experiance destiny is worse then the new player experinace of warframe imo.