Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remember when Anthem was gonna be the Warframe killer?

slaking21

7 hours ago, slaking21 said:

Remember when Anthem was gonna be the Warframe killer?

No, I remember it being a different kind of loiter shooter. But the differing playstyles and fundamentals (combo mechanics vs mod system, etc) make both enjoyable in their own right. Personally, I quite like playing both, and I do have quite a bit of fun theorising who would win between a freelancer and a Tenno (or what would happen if a Tenno decided to climb into a javelin)

il y a 20 minutes, (XB1)Lucas Jameson a dit :

Personally, I quite like playing both, and I do have quite a bit of fun theorising who would win between a freelancer and a Tenno

Tbh, considering most tennos have the power of creatio a nihilo thus operate outside of the laws of reality, i'd say there is no real competition. 

Anthem looks like science fiction with some science fantasy thrown in, warframe is purely science fantasy. 

4 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Tbh, considering most tennos have the power of creatio a nihilo thus operate outside of the laws of reality, i'd say there is no real competition. 

Anthem looks like science fiction with some science fantasy thrown in, warframe is purely science fantasy. 

Actually, it's a surprisingly balanced affair. Lancers have the advantage of flight and defence, as even the tankiest Inaros is squishy compared to a Colossus. Tenno, on the other hand, have the advantage of agility and firepower, even with the legendary +400% damage rolls you can sometimes get on gear

I think my favourite thing to think about is what would happen if you put a Tenno in a Storm javelin, trying to combine the power of the Void with the Anthem of Creation

Il y a 7 heures, Aldain a dit :

No, but then again I am a sane human being who knows EA's track record of massive over-hyping games to levels that shouldn't even be possible.

And yet, its bioware fault. EA has almost nothing to do with the hype and the terrible disaster that followed.

6 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

Destiny broke away from Activision, it's free now, they ain't slowing down

Not all of Destiny 2 is free (at the moment), but I think it has the potential to become a problem for Warframe. I also think that, if Anthem gets its sh*t together, it can be a great game and another threat to Warframe. The state of Warframe isn't great at the moment. Lowest player count in a very long time.

Just now, RunningChaos said:

Not all of Destiny 2 is free (at the moment), but I think it has the potential to become a problem for Warframe. I also think that, if Anthem gets its sh*t together, it can be a great game and another threat to Warframe. The state of Warframe isn't great at the moment. Lowest player count in a very long time.

I honestly don't expect anthem to threaten warframe, or vice versa. That's not meant as the kick in the codpiece it sounds like, it's just the differing playstyles and how weapons/gear and stat buffs are applied

à l’instant, (XB1)Lucas Jameson a dit :

No, EA's at fault here. They #*!%ed it up the same way they did with ME: Andromeda, had bioware push it out the door a few months before they were ready

Look more closely at the disaster. Many year of pre production for almost nothing, first months of actual production were a disaster too. Bioware has a history with very bad developpment. You are EA you give times to those guys?

No.. Obviously no...

EA did the right choice to stick to the dead line.

The issues with bioware had nothing to do with time. They had plenty of time to define their project and even few weeks before the release, a large majority of the dev team had no idea what they were supposed to do with the game....

1 minute ago, belanya said:

Look more closely at the disaster. Many year of pre production for almost nothing, first months of actual production were a disaster too. Bioware has a history with very bad developpment. You are EA you give times to those guys?

No.. Obviously no...

EA did the right choice to stick to the dead line.

The issues with bioware had nothing to do with time. They had plenty of time to define their project and even few weeks before the release, a large majority of the dev team had no idea what they were supposed to do with the game....

Almost every issue with anthem was fixed within a couple months of release. A couple months and the game is now one that I'm actually enjoying and proud to play. If they'd had the option to wait a few months, then the game would have done a lot better, and not been tainted in the eyes of the general populace. Just like Andromeda before it

5 minutes ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

I honestly don't expect anthem to threaten warframe, or vice versa. That's not meant as the kick in the codpiece it sounds like, it's just the differing playstyles and how weapons/gear and stat buffs are applied

I hear you, but just because you like the gameplay of Warframe(which is awesome) that, as a player you won't drop it for a better overall game.

à l’instant, (XB1)Lucas Jameson a dit :

Almost every issue with anthem was fixed within a couple months of release. A couple months and the game is now one that I'm actually enjoying and proud to play. If they'd had the option to wait a few months, then the game would have done a lot better, and not been tainted in the eyes of the general populace. Just like Andromeda before it

Lmao, every issues fixed? HAHAHAHA

But more seriously, of course, it could have been a lot better. Not hard to be a lot better than a massive pill of S#&$... They just had to start the production earlier instead of doing nothing during many years...

And, yeah, thanks to put andromeda on the table. Cause it was another disaster in many ways. The developpment was horrible, it burnout a lot of people at bioware and set a terrible mindset of "at the end, everything ll be good". Bioware didnt learnt from andromeda, they did the mistake and at the end it was a well deserved disaster.

So again, for the dead line, EA had financial obligation, bioware are really untrustworthy. Easy to take a decision. The blame is only on bioware..

11 minutes ago, belanya said:

Lmao, every issues fixed? HAHAHAHA

But more seriously, of course, it could have been a lot better. Not hard to be a lot better than a massive pill of S#&$... They just had to start the production earlier instead of doing nothing during many years...

And, yeah, thanks to put andromeda on the table. Cause it was another disaster in many ways. The developpment was horrible, it burnout a lot of people at bioware and set a terrible mindset of "at the end, everything ll be good". Bioware didnt learnt from andromeda, they did the mistake and at the end it was a well deserved disaster.

So again, for the dead line, EA had financial obligation, bioware are really untrustworthy. Easy to take a decision. The blame is only on bioware..

You have your view, I have mine. I can see you won't be swayed from yours, and i can't agree with your opinion. No point in continuing this conversation

9 hours ago, Kimimoto said:

Remember when Destiny broke away from Activision and kicked Warframe off the top 10 on steam

How does that help Destiny 2 a few months down the line when their business model is near exactly the same as it was under Activision? It didnt help them to attract new players by giving out the game for free after the initial fail release, it wont help keeping players now when they still run on practically the same B2P model. People are trying the free version, if they dislike that as bad as people disliked the base game back then and feel just as burned by the expansions as people did then, well there wont be many expansion sales in the future in such a case. Remember that Destiny 2 has zero free updates between expansions, so the only free content players will get from forsaken and forward are the basic activities like access to certain planets and so on, they will still be locked out of loot, raids, nightfalls and so on that are specifically tied to an expansion. 

So in the end they broke away from Activision but are also keeping the Activision approach to monetization aswell as the idea of staggered expansion releases.

Edited by SneakyErvin

2 hours ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

No, EA's at fault here. They #*!%ed it up the same way they did with ME: Andromeda, had bioware push it out the door a few months before they were ready

Bioware had over 6 years to develop Anthem, they have only themselves to blame for spending most of that time with their thumbs up their asses.

2 hours ago, (XB1)Lucas Jameson said:

Actually, if you kept track of the gaming news, you'd find out that EA had very little to do with it.

In fact according to BioWare staff interview by game journalists, the main reason for "waste of time" was due to internal management at BioWare. For some reason Anthem project was put into the BioWare studio (by BioWare management) that developed Dragon Age (mostly single player games/also the reason for no or little development on Dragon Age 4), instead of the Mass Effect team. Yes, most of us can agree Andromeda was a bit of a mess, but at least they had a decent idea of multiplayer goals and the general combat feel. It took the studio a rather long time to ask the Mass Effect studio for some help.

It's also said that BioWare wanted to scrap the flying part in Anthem, but one of the EA higher ups said that was a horrible idea after playing a demo.

EA got a lot of crap on their shoulders, but with all the news from directions regarding Anthem, the blame is not on EA.