Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there any content for long time players

(PSN)sweatshawp

For players who enjoy the gameplay? Yes, anything they enjoy doing.

For players who only enjoy grinding out shiny new rewards? If they already have most/all of them, no.

And if the whole "sustainable content" thing is going to get brought up here as per usual just stop. It's a meaningless buzzword.

The only content that can be "sustainable" in any game is content that you as the player enjoy doing.

• Like 7

Depends entirely on your own preferences and what you consider a "long time" player. The first thing that comes to mind is getting every Prime currently dropping, it would definitely take a decent amount of time depending on how you farm them.

There are other more extreme goals such as "rank up every useful Primed mod", "get any maxed Arcanes you want" or "have really good Rivens for all your favourite weapons", but all of those goals are very dependent on how much effort you're willing to put in. If you can't be bothered hunting tonnes of Eidolons or grinding Kuva then it's not worth your time, because all of those extreme goals won't significantly affect your overall gameplay experience.

The big thing about Warframe's progression (to me at least) is that outside of Quests, there isn't really a mandatory progression path. Almost every system in the game can be ignored if you don't like it. The things above are examples of endgame-adjacent tasks that many people ignore because it doesn't suit them, and that's a perfectly valid thing to do.

• Like 2

Every time this topic is brought up, yes. There is as much content for veteran players as there is for the MR0 newbie. This question is almost always disingenuous though, and what you're really asking is "is there any new content yet?" to which the answer is obviously "No, wait for Railjack". Warframe is not a traditional MMO and the Keyboard Warriors on the forums need to accept that.

Arbitrations, Eidolons, Conclave, Rivens.

"But I'm done with those and I'm happy with my Rivens" does not remove those areas from the game. If you've played any other game for 2 years and there isn't a massive level cap update or an introduction of a ton of new equipment in the last 3 months, you would be complaining about the same thing in that game. Stop with this victim olympics bullS#&&#036 and just admit you want content now.

Edited by RX-3DR

14 minutes ago, RX-3DR said:

Arbitrations, Eidolons, Conclave, Rivens.

"But I'm done with those and I'm happy with my Rivens" does not remove those areas from the game. If you've played any other game for 2 years and there isn't a massive level cap update or an introduction of a ton of new equipment in the last 3 months, you would be complaining about the same thing in that game. Stop with this victim olympics bullS#&&#036 and just admit you want content now.

Far from victim olympics man. And I’m actually fine with waiting so long as the content is good.  And likley that doesn’t exclude warframe from complaints though.

im also not big on Rivens as well I’m a daikyu despair and Fusali guy with a destreza riven I use as well because those are my choice of weapons 

Edited by (PS4)sweatshawp

Is there any content for long standing players? There are many

- Gameplay

Worth every second enjoying the gameplay. I enjoy the bullet jump, the massive power I have to one shot enemies. I don't play that long but still need more than bullet to the face to kill an enemy, and if you have non-riven builds to one shot level 135 terra corpus without relying on damage buff, defense stripping, or any kind of boost, only the raw power of a weapon alone I really appreciate it.

- Endless mission

I thought people want "sustainable content"? Missions with replay value, right? Defense, survival, excavation, these missions give you reason to go back, relics you can open for prime parts and void fissures to get the primes, either to build it or sell as platinum or ducat

- Riven mod

Surely another sustainable content where you will go back to get kuva, more veiled riven and open them, isn't it? If you say this is a tedious grinding, I would like to ask why this kind of thing is okay in other games but not in warframe? Surely their sustainable content also drop loot with random stats

I got told that I will be seen as a heretic for saying riven mod is the best thing DE made, but surely it's one if not the best. I got 300 platinum just for an unrolled gram riven, that's an easy money there compared to prime sets and the economy runs wilder on riven trading

- Mods

Either meta build or meme build, you can make one by yourself instead of copying people on internet

- Profit-Taker and Exploiter

Surely something fun for those who say normal missions are mindless combat. You need some positioning and basic understanding instead of standing still and shoot

• Like 2

Depends on you...For me..I'm playing because of these reasons...

1. Arbitrations: All owned Primes will receive a Aura Forma...I refuse to purchase them..I have only 10 left to go...

2. Max out Simaris by scanning all enemies on Jupiter's exterminate mission for cosmetic parts for Orbiter and Dojo. I also threw away all non prime frames a while ago, so on a lark I've decided to remake Titania for her upcoming deluxe skin and Inaros..because he's Inaros and I miss him.

3. Run UKKO and HEPIT for relics for Dethcube/Atlas Prime for both me and my brother. Atlas is done for me..so I need DethCube.

4. Do I need to level something..No...Work on Dojo by adding character to hallways and generator rooms...My Dojo is first date material...

5. Do I need to level something..Yes...head to Sanctuary Onslaught and runs a couple till item is leveled.

6. Check Earth: Is it night time..No...Run Heiracon for AXI relics...

7. Check Earth: Is it night time..Yes..Tridolon hunt with randoms...My not throwing away my Daikyu riven has paid off..I'm one shotting all of them...Farm for arcanes

8. Check Region chat and throw down with my Region Legion because birds are always a fashionable topic of discussion.

9. Check forums and write long winded replies and pine for little colorful notifications of acceptance...

10. Turn off Warframe and play Stellaris and watch my star empire get murdered by cute alien fox creatures who are slaving zealot monsters....

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
  • Like 1

The forum, if you consider that as content. (and that's pretty stale too, with only a few good or fun threads, i could probably check the forums of some of the most ridiculous dead p2w games i ever played and have more fun)

Otherwise not really, none i would consider both 'sustainable' and 'for long time players'. (i don't consider timegates and grindwalls upon gearchecks or reskinned old content that's also the above that)

You can repeat the same mission over and over if that's your kind of fun, so there is that, i guess.

You can also master Harrow and Banshee with difficult to use weapons against a horde of high level enemies or die trying, at least that one thing is still some fun content.

3 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

As the title says. Do you believe there is any content for a long standing player in warframe. And if so explain what it is and why!

my current stance is no. There isn’t any content for long time players at the moment 

There was. It was the endless void missions to get primes before Specters of the Rails. A lot of crocked people have encoraged D E to cut more corners over the years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Do you believe there is any content for a long standing player in warframe. And if so explain what it is and why!

Depends on the player, but overall I'd say no, not really, but it stems from power creep making long time players so hopelessly strong that nothing DE can do will stop them from destroying content twenty times faster than they make it.

The simple fact that the damage ceiling is currently in a different solar system compared to where the average middle ground of damage is causing design of content to suffer and making the content come "pre-solved" in most cases.

There is also the fact that the countermeasures that DE has to implement in order to prevent or reduce the effects of the rampant power creep also winds up effecting players in lower damage brackets as well.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Depends on the player, but overall I'd say no, not really, but it stems from power creep making long time players so hopelessly strong that nothing DE can do will stop them from destroying content twenty times faster than they make it.

The simple fact that the damage ceiling is currently in a different solar system compared to where the average middle ground of damage is causing design of content to suffer and making the content come "pre-solved" in most cases.

There is also the fact that the countermeasures that DE has to implement in order to prevent or reduce the effects of the rampant power creep also winds up effecting players in lower damage brackets as well.

The original view to look at it for is that we had the endless void missions that gave parts and a reason to keep going. People were so on point on the game that they were getting banned left and right for going past 5 hours straight with leaderboard resets. Spectres of the Rails and all of these nerfs with reworks have tried to reintroduce the game as something it can't stand low at.

4 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

As the title says. Do you believe there is any content for a long standing player in warframe. And if so explain what it is and why!

my current stance is no. There isn’t any content for long time players at the moment 

I keep reading this...

Could you make one or more examples of games that DO have "everlasting" content for long time players?

I was a "veteran" in games like Diablo2, WoW, Path of exile (since the closed beta) and even content monsters like PoE (path of exile, not plains of eidolon) become stale and boring once you can half-afk solo any fight, raid (old wow) or mission.

And don´t say Baal runs were endgame content in D2, those were simply the most profitable things you could do. Not more or less exciting than any other late/end-game content. Compare those to Eidolon farming or vault runs if you wish.

So, what would be that mythical long term lasting content that would satisfy people after 6 years in Warframe?

One thing that many players want in other games (remember D3 before Rifts?) like D3 and PoE is an endless game mode. A true, fluent, increasingly difficult endless mode. Most games don´t offer that. In Warframe there are numerous endless modes you can play, from defense, survival, kuva flood, to SO and ESO etc.

Maybe we are all a little "spoiled" by now 😉

Edited by IamLoco
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, IamLoco said:

I keep reading this...

Could you make one or more examples of games that DO have "everlasting" content for long time players?

I was a "veteran" in games like Diablo2, WoW, Path of exile (since the closed beta) and even content monsters like PoE (path of exile, not plains of eidolon) become stale and boring once you can half-afk solo any fight, raid (old wow) or mission.

And don´t say Baal runs were endgame content in D2, those were simply the most profitable things you could do. Not more or less exciting than any other late/end-game content. Compare those to Eidolon farming or vault runs if you wish.

So, what would be that mythical long term lasting content that would satisfy people after 6 years in Warframe?

One thing that many players want in other games (remember D3 before Rifts?) like D3 and PoE is an endless game mode. A true, fluent, increasingly difficult endless mode. Most games don´t offer that. In Warframe there are numerous endless modes you can play, from defense, survival, kuva flood, to SO and ESO etc.

Maybe we are all a little "spoiled" by now 😉

We were spoiled with choice, now we have warframes losing saturation over the years by reworks that are ment to destroy their versitile kits. A current example is the push to nerfing pilfered loot to a finisher, which is an attempt to nerf neckros before he comes out of the Prime Valt.

well, personally i still need the new primes, but aside from that I haven't had much reason to play, waiting on the Nightwave Intermission to begin so then I can hopefully get ranks on that and I'll run relics while I'm at it. Radshares were surprisingly uncommon this time around, so it might take a while..

• Like 1