Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

level 45 tank in a level 5-15 mission (an actual tank)

(PSN)NanoEther

Attempted "Find the hidden artifact" on plains of eidolon, a 5-15 mission. Problem 1, it's near the top of the map where most of the mobs are higher then level 10. Problem 2, when I got to the waypoint for part 2, there was one of those level 45 grineer tanks waiting for me. Finally, when I was less then a hundred meters from part 3, I got mobbed by ghouls, not much of a problem; then more ghouls joined in. somewhere along the line, a patrol  showed up, all said, I ended up with 2 or 3 patrols, 2 or 3 packs of ghouls, and at least 3 of those fliers. I'm just trying to earn enough rep to start fishing & mining, you need to adjust the threat indicator according to how many mobs are anticipated, not just the level of the mobs. (the d20 dungeon master guide had a good section on determining threat level of an encounter, you should read it.)

5 hours ago, (PS4)NanoEther said:

(the d20 dungeon master guide had a good section on determining threat level of an encounter, you should read it.)

Never thought DND and Warframe would cross but it's interesting to see how they correlate in terms of player encounter difficult. Roll for investigation!

6 hours ago, (PS4)NanoEther said:

plains of eidolon, a 5-15 mission.

If you were just free roaming, it stands by its level...

But taking bounty(ies) or taking down Eidolon is a different story... which one should anticipate the greater threat than of a 'free roaming'...

6 hours ago, (PS4)NanoEther said:

I'm just trying to earn enough rep to start fishing & mining, you need to adjust the threat indicator according to how many mobs are anticipated, not just the level of the mobs.

There are so many spots that you are 'so safe' on taking those fishing/mining/conservation stuff that doesn't need to bump on spawning mobs... more often I prefer staying close by the gate...

I find this nonsensical that threat level has something to do with your failure to survive... you revive like 3 times?

46 minutes ago, FerockQuartz said:

If you were just free roaming, it stands by its level...

But taking bounty(ies) or taking down Eidolon is a different story... which one should anticipate the greater threat than of a 'free roaming'...

There are so many spots that you are 'so safe' on taking those fishing/mining/conservation stuff that doesn't need to bump on spawning mobs... more often I prefer staying close by the gate...

I find this nonsensical that threat level has something to do with your failure to survive... you revive like 3 times?

I don't think you understand what the OP is saying (though it was a bit confusingly worded).

He started a Bounty that was marked Level 5-15. That means it should overwrite the level scaling on the Plains and make all enemies between Level 5 and 15, and should prevent any enemies with a fixed level outside of 5-15 from spawning (like the Tusk Thumper Doma he apparently ran into).

Bounties 1, 2, & 3 are almost always more safe than the Plains during free roam, because of the level cap. However, it seems that OP encountered a bug and the bounty level did not override the normal scaling.

7 hours ago, (PS4)NanoEther said:

Attempted "Find the hidden artifact" on plains of eidolon, a 5-15 mission. Problem 1, it's near the top of the map where most of the mobs are higher then level 10. Problem 2, when I got to the waypoint for part 2, there was one of those level 45 grineer tanks waiting for me. Finally, when I was less then a hundred meters from part 3, I got mobbed by ghouls, not much of a problem; then more ghouls joined in. somewhere along the line, a patrol  showed up, all said, I ended up with 2 or 3 patrols, 2 or 3 packs of ghouls, and at least 3 of those fliers. I'm just trying to earn enough rep to start fishing & mining, you need to adjust the threat indicator according to how many mobs are anticipated, not just the level of the mobs. (the d20 dungeon master guide had a good section on determining threat level of an encounter, you should read it.)

General rule for bounties: run them in public, unless you really need to get the bonus objectives, in which case run them solo or with a dedicated group.

As far as the number of enemies; if the current number of enemies is too much, run away. Only a few of them will follow you, and you can pick them off.

• 2 weeks later...

started in Cetus

as Ron White said on the matter of getting kicked out of a bar "I didn't know how many it would take, but I knew how many they were going to use; so I left."

from a generic, non-game specific, stand point, a low-level single player with tier 1 weapons should be able to handle 3 to 5 npcs with little problem. I was masery 2 at the time and was just using starting gear. Think of the quantity part this way: a single, year-old, mastif 'puppy' (great dane, cain corso) that wants to rough house is manageble, 6 of them are going to beat you black and blue. So yes, quantity does matter.

I generally dislike partying up. I've had issues in the past in other games, and find it simpler to solo as much as I can. Part of the problem is that I'm a table-top rpg player in a fpsmmo. I like exploring, and after years of fallout, I collect everything I find in the level, which means that I will take forever in a level.

As mentioned, I play table-top rpgs, I also create my own worlds and sometimes have to alter game mechanics to make the system and the setting work together, so, my wording in the original post was geared more for the devs then the players, I do appreciate the comments from players though