Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Create your own signature Weapon

Mortaine

In Endgame you always see the same few Weapons, and some Weapons who are really fun to use have little to no value because they are too weak for endgame.

My Idea would be to add a (Endgame-)quest to create/choose your own Signature Weapon. Not like the modular Ones, but to choose one existing weapon at the end of the quest that you like and get it's stats boosted to the level of Engame-Weapons.

You would only be able to have one of this weapons, but could redo the quest to choose another weapon and revert your previous Weapon to normal.

I think this would be a good way to use your weapon of choice regardless of low/highlevel content.

20 minutes ago, Mortaine said:

In Endgame you always see the same few Weapons, and some Weapons who are really fun to use have little to no value because they are too weak for endgame.

Isn't that what rivens are for?

I have a few rivens for non-meta weapons that make them work well with high level enemies (sortie 3rd stage level).

Edited by Steru

21 minutes ago, Mortaine said:

choose one existing weapon at the end of the quest that you like and get it's stats boosted to the level of Engame-Weapons.

Why would people choose to have an improved (for example) viper instead of any improved meta weapon, so that it would deal even more damage than it does already??

39 minutes ago, Mortaine said:

My Idea would be to add a (Endgame-)quest to create/choose your own Signature Weapon. Not like the modular Ones, but to choose one existing weapon at the end of the quest that you like and get it's stats boosted to the level of Engame-Weapons.

You would only be able to have one of this weapons, but could redo the quest to choose another weapon and revert your previous Weapon to normal.

I think this would be a good way to use your weapon of choice regardless of low/highlevel content.

I like the idea, but it would have to come at the caveat of no longer being able to equip a riven on that item.
Maybe it could be a super hard bossfight reward (or raid reward, for when they return) that allows you to sacrifice a riven to boost an items stats up to something suited to your current mastery rank. Given the fact DE are now supposedly using an fomula to work out what an item's stats are based on it's mastery rank (or vice versa?) it shouldn't be too much of a stretch to algorithmically allow a weapon's stats to get boosted up based on their formula.

Though, don't forget that unique-ish, randomly enhanced weapons will be coming with the nemesis system.