Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Arbitration debuff tokens or make them droppable

BlackVortex

As has been said many times before in several threads, the debuff tokens are an eyesore in arbitrations.

These debuff tokens are punishing players who are well prepared to go into an arbitration mission caused by players who are unskilled/ungeared/unprepared/trolling/etc....

You go into an arbitration with people who like to play with something else for a change, sure, Corpus Disruption with a Loki. Anyone can see how this will end. The Loki will be dead 50% of the time and as punishment for not being dead, you get to pickup the debuff tokens, even if you don't want to. If you came in with an Inaros you are able to not die and drag your team down, but with the debuff tokens, you actually might die as your max hp gets mutilated and your arcane grace suffers greatly from it too.

Stop implementing these ridiculous mechanics that punish the players who actually try to put an effort into arbitration.

Remove the debuffs from the tokens or make the tokens droppable, because you cant avoid the drones because guess what? you made them drop vitus essence which is essentially the only reason most players enter arbitrations.

Or better yet! Revert arbitration deaths to the way it was before, you die? tough luck, game over!

Right now I just abort any arbitration squad I enter where I see a suicidal frame

Edited by BlackVortex
  • Like 2

Coming in with Inaros is basically advertizing that you have zero skill. I agree with what you are saying about the tokens, but you clearly also need to git gud.

Edit: how does an arcane grace get abused??

Edit Edit: I have a ton of vitus essence and so do a lot of arb participants. We are there for other things. Are you trolling?

Edited by SpicyDinosaur
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Coming in with Inaros is basically advertizing that you have zero skill. I agree with what you are saying about the tokens, but you clearly also need to git gud.

I'm debating if I should argue about this or just report you for trying to insult me

25 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

you tell me, you brought it up

26 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Edit Edit: I have a ton of vitus essence and so do a lot of arb participants. We are there for other things. Are you trolling?

if you own everything that can drop there, have tons of endo, there really only is one thing left in arbitration and that's kuva farming for the rng sink called riven rolling

don't worry, you'll get there some day

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Coming in with Inaros is basically advertizing that you have zero skill.

This bit heavily depends on what mission type we're talking about.  Survival, Disruption, Interception.  Inaros does fine here since it's all about just staying alive and killing enemies with your strongest weapons modded correctly against the faction you're fighting.

But for Excavation and such however, Inaros is a terrible choice. These missions are about protection, and Inaros lacks abilities to contribute properly to this.  Seeing an Inaros here will give others the impression such players are there to leech and/or only look out for themselves, leaving the burden of protecting the objectives to the others. 

16 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

but you clearly also need to git gud.

uhh.. what?  How does this relate to OP?  The problem was clearly described about other very-unprepared players being a bigger problem for the team than the actual enemy.

inb4 "go to recruit chat" reply.  Yeah, in no way does this guarantee you will be paired with skilled players. You're still going in with people you never met. Also, Arbitrations are on a timer. Often I have <10min left to do one before it disappears. Can anybody guarantee that within that time staring and waiting at recruit chat you will get 3 replies AND all are skilled players?   I learned to just solo arbitrations, less hassle, less waiting. If I feel adventurous and decide to go pub, I just quickly join/abort/join/abort until I fall in a team where the choice of frames of the other players makes sense for the mission type; much quicker.

I have no problem reviving others, I do it all the time since it's usually a one-time thing per player.  But I do not intend to revive somebody several times who clearly is way out of their league and/or doesn't contribute to the mission. Worse, if one of them is rudely and impatiently demanding to be revived as soon as they die, they can stay dead.

31 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Not 'abused', OP said 'suffers'.  It works based on a percentage of health.  With the debuff tokens lowering your health bar, you thus gain less health back when Arcane Grace activates.

tl;dr  I agree that the debuff tokens should be a toggle-able pick up item, like a datamass.

• Like 3