Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

nerf Bullet Jump or add a Stamina Indicator

(XBOX)Yufix4574

3 hours ago, (XB1)francy x096 said:

i play warframe since glast gambit, call me "new player" does not seem appropriate.

That is newer actually. You didn't know the game from way back when we had stamina. MR =/= experience

So yes, as i said, you are a NEWER player.

Which is fine, I'm not hating, but call it as it is.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Bullet jump is fine. The Accuracy Reduction penalty imposed on enemy units is the problem.

Yeah, this is what bothers me personally. Bullet jumps and other acrobatics already give us tremendous damage mitigation abilities through sheer mobility. Adding dodge on top of that slides a little too far into "mandatory bunnyhopping" for my personal tastes. But that's also pretty much my only issue with it. Bullet Jumping gives Warframe an unparalleled, intuitive movement system which puts every other game I play to shame. Limiting it for the sake of a slower, more plodding game is I think missing the point. In fact, I'd argue it's in the same vein as trying to limit the use of Archwings in Free Roam maps. You could, but why would you?

That said, I do wish that bullet jumping weren't the FASTEST way to travel across flat terrain. Honestly kind of wish the Sprint function did a Gauss-like super sprint that's markedly faster than bullet-jumping, just without the vertical mobility.

I don't agree with stamina or nerfing bullet jump, it is what it is. I would honestly like to see dashing be 5/10% faster than bullet jump speed innately, and/or reducing the cost of Rush drastically to increase its usage. I don't consider hitting Ctrl/V+Spacebar 5000 times per play session to be good design, and it's ridiculous looking (Unless I'm on my Youkai Ivara, then it's perfect). This also gives us an excuse to get Naruto Run on our frames somehow.

4 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

That said, I do wish that bullet jumping weren't the FASTEST way to travel across flat terrain. Honestly kind of wish the Sprint function did a Gauss-like super sprint that's markedly faster than bullet-jumping, just without the vertical mobility.

I would add that I feel like wall-running should be pretty much the fastest on-foot get-around method. It'd make "getting around as fast as you can" have a little more technical versatility.

I do kind of worry about having sprint being too fast, though. It's good in one sense to have it faster than bullet jumping so that both manoeuvres have their place. But it would also mean Volt / Gauss could have the purposes behind their 1s kind of negated, since there's a point where one can go too fast due to the way friction works. Maybe they'd need the Itzal treatment? Also, auto-sprinting could be coming up, and I doubt we'd want to be Mach rushing quite literally all the time. That could boof things in the face, too.

17 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

I would add that I feel like wall-running should be pretty much the fastest on-foot get-around method. It'd make "getting around as fast as you can" have a little more technical versatility.

I do kind of worry about having sprint being too fast, though. It's good in one sense to have it faster than bullet jumping so that both manoeuvres have their place. But it would also mean Volt / Gauss could have the purposes behind their 1s kind of negated, since there's a point where one can go too fast due to the way friction works. Maybe they'd need the Itzal treatment? Also, auto-sprinting could be coming up, and I doubt we'd want to be Mach rushing quite literally all the time. That could boof things in the face, too.

I like the idea of wall-run being fastest, but that simply moves the tedium from bunny-hop to Spiderman. I don't think movement should be tied to alternating two-button spam. I think it was Final Fantasy 9 that had a running race where you had to spam X and Square just to walk forward, and you could do it easily by setting the controller on the floor and just stab the buttons super fast. That's essentially how I feel about Bullet Jump just to Go Forward.

1 minute ago, Tenegkhun said:

I like the idea of wall-run being fastest, but that simply moves the tedium from bunny-hop to Spiderman. I don't think movement should be tied to alternating two-button spam. I think it was Final Fantasy 9 that had a running race where you had to spam X and Square just to walk forward, and you could do it easily by setting the controller on the floor and just stab the buttons super fast. That's essentially how I feel about Bullet Jump just to Go Forward.

I wasn't disagreeing with bullet jumping being a bit tedious, mind, or that something more straightforward like sprinting should be the fastest way to get around in open areas (albeit, like I said, it comes with a few problems that'd need to be addressed). By itself, sprinting being faster would be a decent way to mix up movement, since it lacks the vertical movement of bullet jumping. I'm for that. As for the tedium becoming "being Spiderman": the key difference is that there's always a floor, but there isn't always a (good) wall along your path. Wall-running doesn't help a ton if the wall you're using goes to the wrong tile exit, right? So the optimal "get around fast" would be mixing in wall-running in those moments it'd help.

10 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

I wasn't disagreeing with bullet jumping being a bit tedious, mind, or that something more straightforward like sprinting should be the fastest way to get around in open areas (albeit, like I said, it comes with a few problems that'd need to be addressed). By itself, sprinting being faster would be a decent way to mix up movement, since it lacks the vertical movement of bullet jumping. I'm for that. As for the tedium becoming "being Spiderman": the key difference is that there's always a floor, but there isn't always a (good) wall along your path. Wall-running doesn't help a ton if the wall you're using goes to the wrong tile exit, right? So the optimal "get around fast" would be mixing in wall-running in those moments it'd help.

Fair. Wallrun>Shift Movement>Dash>Bullet Jump then. Bullet Jump movement is fun at first, but once you hit 1k+ hours of game time, Gauss and Strength Volt are hilarious and let you look at how cool you are while waiting at the exit for everyone else.

26 minutes ago, mrrobotto67 said:

Curious, for how long have you played this game?

MR27 with 3k hours, if you're referring to me.

Hard pass. Literally the one thing that kept me playing when I first started playing Warframe is whole good the movement feels when you start getting the muscle memory down and it becomes buttery smooth. We don't need to need it we need challenges that require you to use it. If you think bullet jumping is OP your real issue is that you don't feel challenged so ask for more challenges that expect you to be using this tool proficiently rather than ask DE to take toys away.

Actually, bulletjump in itself isn't a problem, the problem is from enemies having really bad AI across the board and taking an accuracy hit when we are in the air. That as well as them being too slow and grounded, we need more mobile and reactive enemies to put up a fight.

Also we need enemy hitscan removed, it's no fun being sniped from 70m away with no chance to dodge once the bullet has been fired.

Edited by TheRealShade

28 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

the problem is from enemies having really bad AI across the board and taking an accuracy hit when we are in the air.

Says the above statement.  Then follows it with the statement below..

28 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

Also we need enemy hitscan removed, it's no fun being sniped from 70m away with no chance to dodge once the bullet has been fired.

dSUBkQp.jpg

Edited by DatDarkOne

On 2019-10-18 at 6:09 PM, (XB1)francy x096 said:

A viable alternative would be a stamina indicator that consume itself anytime we perform jump, bullet jump, sprint, parkour or wall latch.

Please understand, what you're asking for is something DE specifically removed from the game.

Bullet Jumps and Aim Gliding, the entire movement system, were introduced specifically to remove the clunky, slow, Stamina-based system that existed before. I was there for it, and trust me, the current version is better than anything you've suggested here.

Also, no, they can't just 'reduce the size of the tile sets'... that's an objectively silly idea.

It's a hard no from me, and more importantly than any of us, it's retroactively a hard no from DE as of Update 17 back in June 2015.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Says the above statement.  Then follows it with the statement below..

dSUBkQp.jpg

Bad AI doesn't mean bad aimbot. By bad AI I mean they are effectively retarded and will stand still instead of moving around, taking cover, trying to not die instantly. This is boring to fight.

Aimbot snipes from hitscan snipers are also boring and lazy to fight. The fact that a nullifier can oneshot you while standing out in the open 6 bulletjumps away doesn't suddenly make their AI better, it just makes it annoying. In no situation are hitscan weapons fun to fight against because as long as you were in the crosshairs when the bullet was shot, you will get hit.

You should maybe spend more time playing the game instead of the forums.

6 minutes ago, TheRealShade said:

You should maybe spend more time playing the game instead of the forums.

I have over 1700 in mission hours in game.  So your statement is wrong.  Maybe making sure that your typed statements are completely clear and not possibly contradicting itself would be much better course of action to take instead.  I only pointed out that contradiction.  😛   

Edited by DatDarkOne
  • Like 2