Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich weapons will NOW grant Mastery (Devstream 132)

Jarriaga

Mastery Rank 30+ confirmed, I supposed, considering how many freakin' weapons exist in the game at the moment.

Frankly, I was fine with them not giving mastery, because if the system sucks, there would be no reason to engage with the RNG tied to it, but as it is now, even if you don't like the system, you will have to engage with the RNG if you want to get your mastery rank up. Unless the weapons are trade-able, but in that case, they'll cost thousands of platinum, just like rivens, so, that's not good either.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

I don’t think this is correct. There may be mastery associated with the “Kuva Tonkor,” for example, but each randomly rolled copy will not grant mastery, from what I understand.

Correct. It's one per type.

So your first Kuva Tonkor and Kuva Agnorak will give mastery, but not the second ones.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

I don’t think this is correct. There may be mastery associated with the “Kuva Tonkor,” for example, but each randomly rolled copy will not grant mastery, from what I understand.

Only the first "copy" of the kuva variant weapon will give MR

1 minute ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

We understand that, but previously, there was no mastery at all given by the Liches' weapons.

Now people have a reason to get all weapons, instead of ignoring all of them or some of them.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

There may be mastery associated with the “Kuva Tonkor,” for example, but each randomly rolled copy will not grant mastery, from what I understand.

Yeah, it give mastery once even you roll 50 different bonus stats, but is still a lot variants for mastery pts hunt

That all sounds great, until you realize high mastery doesn't mean anything and players will keep doing atrocious things in gamemodes that are some of the most basic stuff in the game.

It's nice and all, if you seek mastery and not all players seek that.

Just now, KIREEK said:

That all sounds great, until you realize high mastery doesn't mean anything and players will keep doing atrocious things in gamemodes that are some of the most basic stuff in the game.

6 years playing.

Still MR14

3 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Mastery means I get to increase my reserves of Void Traces, my maximum daily standing limit, and my minimum mod capacity after a Forma. Convenience/QoL sounds good-enough to me to aim for MR30.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Mastery Rank 30+ confirmed, I supposed, considering how many freakin' weapons exist in the game at the moment.

Frankly, I was fine with them not giving mastery, because if the system sucks, there would be no reason to engage with the RNG tied to it, but as it is now, even if you don't like the system, you will have to engage with the RNG if you want to get your mastery rank up. Unless the weapons are trade-able, but in that case, they'll cost thousands of platinum, just like rivens, so, that's not good either.

Dought it , grineer kuva liches will have only grineer weapons and youl get mastery once from a single weapon tipe , so your second or third kuva kohm wount give you any mastery and were isint enough girneer weapons to reach mr 30 .

il y a 26 minutes, AuroraSonicBoom a dit :

Really disappointed with that. I was happy I could just play one part of the game when I feel like it instead of having to play another RNG game of collect em all.

caues higher mr is relevant...

edit : i love the "NOW", like kuva lichs are already live and we are talking about a hotfix

Edited by belanya

Yeah got to say I was in the no xp camp, honestly feels like a 'lazy' way to add new weapons to increase MR... I'm mr27, I'm physically bored of needing to constantly level weapons if I'm being honest. 

Now I think about it I think I would have preferred something closer to a 'kuva mod slot'  where you can apply the modifier to the specified weapon that adds in the extra whatever of the kuva weapon.  You can then swap out the modifier rather than needing to go through the process of levelling another weapon etc. 

It really does feel like they've basically just modelled this on rivens with the rng etc and It's going to be super annoying to get one version you like then a little while later, after you've levelled and stuck your 5-6 forma into it, you get the exact same weapon but with a 'better' modifier or even worse the same modifier.  Yes you can trade it but what if no one wants it.  It's bad enough now when we get another riven for something you already have. 

Throw in the (IMO) annoying mechanics to actually killing them and in all honesty after today's devstream the more I'm hearing about the kuva lich mechanics the less I'm starting to like the way they're implementing it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

Dought it , grineer kuva liches will have only grineer weapons and youl get mastery once from a single weapon tipe , so your second or third kuva kohm wount give you any mastery and were isint enough girneer weapons to reach mr 30 .

They'll get expanded to Corpus and Infested too, and there's still quite a lot of Grineer weapons. Even if we don't reach MR30 with the next mainline, the Kuva Lich system will contribute to that mightily, and continuously in the future.

6 minutes ago, belanya said:

caues higher mr is relevant...

edit : i love the "NOW", like kuva lichs are already live and we are talking about a hotfix

Now as in, this is how they will now work once released. Let's not get into semantics considering people understood what I meant.

Edited by Jarriaga