Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanks for watching Devstream #132!

[DE]Rebecca

42 minutes ago, Nasahul said:

I watched for the entire stream and only received one inbox message with my "trick." Wasn't we supposed to get 1 per 30 mins? If so, I am missing one.

I am in exactly this boat. And my trick was a fireworks package. I'd really like a treat to go with this.

Can't wait to see these changes on melee! This look promising!

Because you're doing a mainline update and you're adding various things, I was wondering if, in a future update, we could equip generic skins on zaws/ kitguns. 
It is a special aesthetic and they're really hard to customize + I think it would fit the philosophy, there is a great variety choosing the stats however if you want specific stats you're limited in your aesthetic choice. This addition should compensate this little lack of variety in the design and give even more chance to use these great-looking generic skins!

I am very affraid that Kuva Licthes will become the new "money grabber" for warframe with people trying to get that 'perfect' weapon and paying insane HIGH plat for it. Remember, you did nothing about the runaway Riven market until the community rioted (but it's pretty much the same). Also, I thought this was comming with Empyrean and they would be bosses of the sort in star cruisers. For them to be like the "new" stalkers, I rather have the Acolites and have THEM change accordingly. Also, they can change in acordance to my setup, but I just need to change that OR have a teammate and I could possibly bypass that... The only thing I maybe think would be good is IF I can create my own legion of Kuva Litchs, I would be happy with that.

The Parazon: moding for a "new" weapon seems to be more trouble than I would like, specially when you said "this is part of every Warframe arsenal"... Well, where was that for the past 7 years?

Exilus weapon mods do (pretty much) nothing, like we predicted. Reload would be very welcome (cuz, lanka) but increased magazine I guess it's nice. Altough, I'll be honest, I just mod for damage. Period.

Speaking of modding, melee phase 2 seems ok. But, I played with Limbo and Skiajati (melee only) sortie recently, and the changes they pointed out don't really seem to change ANY of what I usually do. Enemies are to easy to defeat, no real use for a dodge/animation cancel when you need to build that meter to build up, AND you need to have hordes of enemies to hit. But what REALLY disapointed me is the still the lack of hit stop animation... The ground slam look's nice for an air combo, but (like I said) if enemies die in one hit, I don't know how useful it will be. Furthermore, I am a bit tired of seeing that ground effect: DE now has this new "thing" and is splashing it around: Ember, Vauban, and now melee. Unless there's some "big nerf" to weapon (yes, I noticed that laughter between Sheldon and Steve, so that got me a bit worried) melee will still resume itself to Zenistar or exalted weapons.

Grendel looks a lot of fun to play with but I was hopping he would get BIGGER by eating more and more enemies, instead of just jiggly.

Hydroid Deluxe looks AWESOME, will have to buy the entire pack (something I usually do NOT do) just to get that cape.

On 2019-10-19 at 3:10 AM, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Why did you have to make lich weapons give mastery? Does the game mode not stand on its own? You know that a lot of players are going to burn through the content to get the points, and once they're done they'll be tired of playing the slot machine. And then you'll introduce Corpus lichs with 100 more weapons to master.

This.

10 hours ago, (PS4)LeonidasxGGG said:

I am very affraid that Kuva Licthes will become the new "money grabber" for warframe with people trying to get that 'perfect' weapon and paying insane HIGH plat for it.

WeLl YoU cAn TrAdE tHeM

in all seriousness though? Good solution would be to just make their weapons untradable. And also make their stat bonuses unknown until you get them.

I'm a little worried about the kuva liches. Overall they sound amazing, except maybe for the part where they sometimes jack your loot? Is this actual loot, like prime parts and relics? Or just resources? I know if you take the lich down you get ("most?") of your lost loot back. But that's gonna be super frustrating if you're farming for something specific, and it finally drops, but first you have to track down this jagoff who stole it.

I'm torn a bit because I like the idea of your game actually being affected... but at the same time, messing with a player's loot is the shortest path to pissing them off.

Warframe has been all about the loot for a long time. Other games are more about the narrative gameplay, where delaying your loot wouldn't be as much of an issue. I'm not opposed to shifting Warframe to a game where you play for narrative reasons and get loot along the way, but it's a big shift and it's likely to cause a lot of heartache.

Or maybe I'm worried for nothing and the kuva liches won't interfere with the current gameplay loop.

21 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

I'm a little worried about the kuva liches. Overall they sound amazing, except maybe for the part where they sometimes jack your loot? Is this actual loot, like prime parts and relics? Or just resources? I know if you take the lich down you get ("most?") of your lost loot back. But that's gonna be super frustrating if you're farming for something specific, and it finally drops, but first you have to track down this jagoff who stole it.

I'm torn a bit because I like the idea of your game actually being affected... but at the same time, messing with a player's loot is the shortest path to pissing them off.

Warframe has been all about the loot for a long time. Other games are more about the narrative gameplay, where delaying your loot wouldn't be as much of an issue. I'm not opposed to shifting Warframe to a game where you play for narrative reasons and get loot along the way, but it's a big shift and it's likely to cause a lot of heartache.

Or maybe I'm worried for nothing and the kuva liches won't interfere with the current gameplay loop.

I kinda agree, I think though that they should make the narrative guide more distinct. and I am going to explain it my best but I have only three things that will help the game.

One: Distinct narrative, make the index and codex more organized, show the quests that lead to the bigger narrative and with each quest add more dept. Content level, Second Dream that quest made me feel like I was my character instead of having a nonimmersive experience. Make the quests better and the path to get to the Sacrifice and the New War more organized with the things required for the quest. Then after they finish the main story they can go forward to the side quests, then to getting more frames, and helping gear toward endgame then make an actually good endgame with content that is more difficult and harder so for the players that sprint all other content in a few days or weeks has much better content. But also for new players keep the intro the same.

Two: Make the game feel like you are actually playing and experiencing it. Make it less grindy with slightly higher drop chaces for frames and primes. Then drastically change scaling, by making the content feel like you accomplished something. then have to grind for all this stuff and have it not be worth it. Basically improve the intrinsic feeling.

Three: Change the market, the codex, the arsenal, the conclave, the primary, secondary, and melee choices. Then make Archwings better because if you are going to fight in space combat then you should pay attention to the archwings and their territory. Now to explain some of this stuff, With the Conclave, make the PvP experience better, make it similar to PvP games but not necessarily like them. Arsenal, since there are a ton of frames divide them into four or five sections, with them going like this, Defensive based frames, like Frost and Limbo, Offensive based frames, like Valkyr and Ash, Support based frames, like Wisp and Trinity, Tanky based frames, like Rhino and Sayn, and Health based frames, that only have health, like Nidus and Inaros. Doing so will clear up the way it is seen. Keep the Mastery thing that tells what frames have been already mastered that you own. But put them into the type of classes listed. Weapons, since the most success came for Warframe was weekly updates and constant toys being added, at least put the weapons in a Rapid, Auto, Semi, Silent, and explosives. For The Codex make the main quests the most important then side quests important but still able to be done and then make it look more organized based on the priority of the quests that are important for the narrative. Then have clear stated Factions, the places they are found and what can the best defenses for them. Redo the mod system, maybe add bonuses to mods after a specific achievement. Then for the Foundry, idealy if it took a person a specific amount of resources and item with a higher rarity there should be a shorter wait time, However depending on the MR level the time should be with in reason. Just a random idea. The foundry can make frames and items really quick, maybe instead of making an MR 0-5 have to wait 1-7 days to get something. If they are really low in MR then have them at least wait for the 12 hours required to build the components for a frame, or have them wait a day for the frame to be build. Instead of 12 hours for components then 3 days at most for getting a warframe. But if having such long wait times is good then why do people feel like they are playing a waiting game instead of an actual game with much better content?

Now I was just trying to show somethings that could be better. 

On 2019-10-19 at 6:09 PM, RWBY-WhiteRose said:

WeLl YoU cAn TrAdE tHeM

in all seriousness though? Good solution would be to just make their weapons untradable. And also make their stat bonuses unknown until you get them.

Or you could let the player make their own within a capped limit.

Archived