[DE]Helen

[PC] Coming This Week: The Old Blood

I've seen someone from the team DE replying to a post about "dojo decoration rotation bug" that would be fixed on the next mainline. But I don't see it in the things that will come (sounds legit as it's not a patchnote for now) will we still have it anyway ? (very important to me, as my dojo decoration is in standby since few month due to that bug and there is a very cool dojo contest just live so xD)

12 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Double Space Ninja Entries
Every day you complete one mission in-game between October 25 and October 27, you’ll get an additional entry in our Become A Real Space Ninja Contest! One lucky Tenno (selected at a later date) will win $250,000 towards a trip to space. Click here for full contest rules and guidelines!

Um, it is possible to trade the trip in space for just an actual $250k deposited into the bank account of the winner 😛

• Like 1

I'm surprised that the ivara and equinox deluxe skins aren't coming too

Will Grendel's alt helm be included in the NW intermission shop or will we need to wait for NW series 3 for that?

If the Kuva Lich system will be too easy and "AcCeSsIbLe FoR aLl PlAyErS" kinda thing than i'm out... Playin warframe for years now and i've had enough no reason grinding... Me and many other players need something we can use our powerful builds for... I hope you understand that and won't say that "It's just a little part of the community" because
#1 It's a lie and
#2 Yes it gets smaller and smaller with months but it is your fault. Case closed.

Edited by Samhel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Samhel said:

If the Kuva Lich system will be too easy and "AcCeSsIbLe FoR aLl PlAyErS" kinda thing than i'm out... Playin warframe for years now and i've had enough no reason grinding... Me and many other players need something we can use our powerful builds for... I hope you understand that and won't say that "It's just a little part of the community" because
#1 It's a lie and
#2 Yes it gets smaller and smaller with months but it is your fault. Case closed.

spicy 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xepthrichros said:

Um, it is possible to trade the trip in space for just an actual $250k deposited into the bank account of the winner 😛

Yes you can do that if you choose, they mentioned it during the tennocon reveal of the program (sorry for my bad english)

Edited by Arksun
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

The kavat feels lackluster

i"m going to go right out and say it. The Kavat feels like it was tacked on because someone in the dev team has a vampire fetish. Same person who designed the cluster#*!% that is Revenant that one of the other devs had to step in at the last minute to try un#*!%ing and they havne't really touched since. This 'OOOHHH LOOKIE LOOKIE VAMPIRES!' bullS#&$ needs to stop.

The Orokin being quasi vampiric sociopaths makes sense. It fits the theme of a white and god empire rotted at its core wasted and withered. This constant shoving vampires in our face is stupid.

I would name names, but name and shame. 

I just have 1 issue. Enemy levels. No matter how cool and easy to use the new system is with all the stances and super balanced stats, if the enemies die as easily as they do right now, nobody will care.

why engage in sword fight with each enemy when you can just throw nuke and be done with the whole mission?

1 minute ago, Dariel77Angel said:

I just have 1 issue. Enemy levels. No matter how cool and easy to use the new system is with all the stances and super balanced stats, if the enemies die as easily as they do right now, nobody will care.

Would be better to have armor at some point stop scaling while health/shields keeps going up since armor is king and meta defining characteristic we mod to get around due to how much EHP the enemy has.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJWPkBAE6qE

have not tried this yet, so I'm trying to remain optimistic but I do have a sincere concern about the loss of combo counter damage multiplier and possible range nerfs to large melee.

unless damage is getting an overall 3X buff (the current reasonable max for combo buff, you can get much higher with naramon, but that's a whole different thing, which is likely to need touching)... then enemy armor scaling is going to more or less make melee no longer a viable option to use in long arbitrations.  this is because arbitrations require melee nuking to really do anything after the 60 min mark for a pug, which will discourage pug play and only premades will have the option of going this long or longer due to enemy armor scaling.  

effectively it will kill this portion of the game from a pug standpoint which is currently one that I find more enjoyable as the vet with 5.7k+ hours.

once you get to about the 45 min mark enemy armor starts getting dumb to deal with and saryn is only so tanky and arb drones effectively mess up her spores to strip armor.  essentially this also kills frame choice, because with proper melee investment, all frames are viable for arbs right now... if they aren't after this, you'll know why.

this, on it's face, looks a lot like "sorry, get out" and forces everyone into using magus lockdown as the only viable alternative at that level, which is still very poor at armored units like grineer.

I felt the recent arbitration changes were all very good, but this just seems to revert it back to the old state where people are going to return to only playing certain ones again and if we learned anything from eidolons its that you don't want  to engineer a game mode with one clearly superior meta to force players into since it robs them of choice and the ability to play whatever frame they like... this may be on track to do the same thing (like how arbs before were just excav).  And to be honest... the recent arbitrations changes... that's the first time as a vet that I've felt "rewarded" for playing at my best and min/maxing my gear in a very very long time... like, since poe came out and raids were killed.

the whole point of the combo counter is that as enemies get tougher (ie, you are no longer one shotting them), you start dealing more damage comparatively (because they remain on the screen longer and thus your combo counter fills up quicker).  right now this system works for the player.  the future system, while I haven't tried it, seems to work against the player in these modes.  

the only viable solution I can see here is that armor scaling needs to be fixed hasta pronto to compensate for this, otherwise we're going to basically be forced out of these missions because while all the fancy new animations are nice and engaging, they are also time consuming which means less speed murder, and more exposure to enemy attacks that do significantly larger amounts of damage at higher levels.

the other major concern is that range to long weapons get a significant nerf.  right now this is the only thing that makes melee worth using, and further, it's the only thing that keeps saryn in check in that people can outdamage saryn with melee regardless of what frame they have if they invest in melee properly.  slight nerfs to long range and massive buffs to short would be ideal, but killing long range means saryn becomes mandatory for all arbs with any armor, and she's too squishy to go the distance, which will also call for even more saryn nerfs and eventually long arbs becoming a thing of the past.  since these are on a 1 hour cooldown, that effectively means If vets go to 45, we spend 15 minutes out of every hour twiddling our thumbs, which kind of sucks.

If my prediction is correct, arbitration will start seeing much less engagement and a lot of your endgame folk retention will start to suffer drastically (as this is the only place we really have to go to atm because there is no other content for us other than endurance runs in arbs) unless this armor scaling gets addressed nearly immediately.  Overall this seems to be, on it's face, a moderate buff to new players and a massive nerf to older players if it works the way I think it will.  I agree that closing the gap some is good, but this is at the cost of the only game mode we have to play which is limited to a 1 hour rotation (meaning if you do 20 min of it and leave, you now have 40 minutes before you can play again for anything meaningful) and that #feelsbadman.  

I understand kuva liches are meant to be a form of entertainment for long term players, but from the looks of it, there is a static pool of mr available, and once we get the weapons we want (and rest assured, we will tear through this at least 10x faster than the average player) and collect the mr, this becomes fundamentally dead content to us and doesn't have replay value because we will have already earned the available rewards that aren't tradeable for plat as there is no listed evergreen rewards mentioned to date associated with them (though I will say I am excited to get a 30+ level kohm with innate elemental on it... that's gonna be broke AF since kohm is already busted).

I understand the desired goal is better engagement, but if you want that, we NEED enemy scaling addressed like... with that patch to prevent massive salt storms, otherwise forecast looks very grim.

Edited by Klokwerkaos
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Let's put it this way: even before any buffs to individual stacks, that's still a four times damage multiplier. That's nothing to sneeze at, especially considering the buffed base damage. Before any other mods, the Skana has 120 damage. Modding that, then multiplying that total by more likely closer to five or six... doesn't sound too bad.

They’re buffing melee damagecout the board. At base
Really now that I think about it? It’s nothing in the grand scheme of normal gameplay; it’s only remotely relevant in levels that you only encounter an hour into a survival for instance. But for those that like staying in a mission for hours on end, lockdown or Garuda are going to be where most of that free forma is going.

(Speaking of which, make it 3 per melee owned. Please.)

So uh just a question...does Pulverize not "absorb" enemies anymore? I don't recall seeing it used in the Devstream and in the trailer it only knocks enemies back/away.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Click here for full contest rules and guidelines!

I think there's something missing, but I can't quite put my cursor on it....

10 hours ago, Samhel said:

#1 It's a lie and

Didn't you watch the devstream? 🤔

Kuva Lich system will be bleeding all over your map so you know that you should care about it.

Then Kuva Lich will steal your loot (and you can only get MOST of it back but NOT all of it when you defeat them - potentially so you'll have an incentive to care about the bleeding nodes and HOPEFULLY get your Ephemera blueprint back).

Then Kuva Lich will haunt you in missions like syndicates / stalker / etc, except they have fancy finisher animations if they can kill you.

And in order to properly kill the Kuva Lich, you need to use the new system "Parazon Immortal Mods" where you must combine 3+ immortal mods (that you had to farm from somewhere) in a given arbitrary/random order that RNG gave you when it spawned your Kuva Lich, and you have to do guess-work to figure out whether you successfully put together the correct random order of immortal mods or not, potentially never seeing your loot again unless you manage to set up the right mod order over the span of 10+ missions where you actually managed to encounter the Kuva Lich (for which you had to farm the bleeding map nodes to increase the spawn rates)

You can't use your "powerful builds" for it, you have to mess around with the Parazon mods and hope for the best (whether you successfully kill it or not, and whether you get your rare loot back or not).  🙄

So it's not about build optimization, it's about micro-managing your Parazon until the next Stalker Kuva Lich attack, where the condition for success is 100% randomized, and potentially also depends on whether you were lucky to find the immortal mod you actually need to kill it.

In short, you're forced to gamble for your loot, AFTER successfully getting it out of the RNG machine's 1% chance of an ephemera / braton vandal blueprint or a 0.1% of a condition overload. You think you got it? Nope gotta kill the Kuva Lich first (why else would you want to farm the immortal mods? 3k MR? Although tbh I'd do it for the MR, I don't like the idea of this kind of "forced" incentive at all to slow down your progress)

Edited by Zhuinden
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Zhuinden said:

Didn't you watch the devstream? 🤔

Kuva Lich system will be bleeding all over your map so you know that you should care about it.

Then Kuva Lich will steal your loot (and you can only get MOST of it back but NOT all of it when you defeat them - potentially so you'll have an incentive to care about the bleeding nodes and HOPEFULLY get your Ephemera blueprint back).

Then Kuva Lich will haunt you in missions like syndicates / stalker / etc, except they have fancy finisher animations if they can kill you.

And in order to properly kill the Kuva Lich, you need to use the new system "Parazon Immortal Mods" where you must combine 3+ immortal mods (that you had to farm from somewhere) in a given arbitrary/random order that RNG gave you when it spawned your Kuva Lich, and you have to do guess-work to figure out whether you successfully put together the correct random order of immortal mods or not, potentially never seeing your loot again unless you manage to set up the right mod order over the span of 10+ missions where you actually managed to encounter the Kuva Lich (for which you had to farm the bleeding map nodes to increase the spawn rates)

You can't use your "powerful builds" for it, you have to mess around with the Parazon mods and hope for the best (whether you successfully kill it or not, and whether you get your rare loot back or not).  🙄

So it's not about build optimization, it's about micro-managing your Parazon until the next Stalker Kuva Lich attack, where the condition for success is 100% randomized, and potentially also depends on whether you were lucky to find the immortal mod you actually need to kill it.

In short, you're forced to gamble for your loot, AFTER successfully getting it out of the RNG machine's 1% chance of an ephemera / braton vandal blueprint or a 0.1% of a condition overload. You think you got it? Nope gotta kill the Kuva Lich first (why else would you want to farm the immortal mods? 3k MR?)

This is a lot of detail for something which was only discussed for a short time. Particularly the 'stealing loot'

The mechanics of that have not yet been 100% confirmed. It could very easily be 'you complete missions, they 'steal' something from the mission you just completed' - they don't steal your loot, they just become stronger from you running missions with them active. Little Duck says she takes a cut of Disruption rewards, but does she?

• Upvote 3

In regards to the weapon exilus slots i think a good alternative is to have them act as stance or aura mod slots for weapons instead. The main reason for this is becasue most weapons now with the current mods we have are sometimes requiring 7 polarities just to fit in all the mods we want. While these mods aren't necessary since they don't increase damage in order to fit one on a weapon as described will require 9 polarities, and that's terrible since it can be a struggle with fitting mods with how big they've gotten. There's tons of options and variety for these "auras" too like weapon exclusive mods firestorm and napalm grenades or just the ammo maximum mods for all weapons. I think adding to capacity rather than detracting from it will be far more beneficial overall especially for new players when considering how melee weapons and warframes are modded it fits it perfectly.

I want to talk about the current way ledge grabbing works and how it causes way more harm than good. Currently with parkour it's pretty slow and useless even when you want it and when you don't it completely glitches game. Wukong Gauss and void dash literally teleport way back to grab a ledge you didn't want to, please remove it or give it a dedicated activation like holding space becasue it doesn't help one bit currently.

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, Ttanoraa said:

7 polarities

I have a couple that requires 8. Still can handle it.

hace 7 horas, Samhel dijo:

#1 It's a lie and

I think it will be "fOr aLl pLaYeRs", recently that is the only thing DE has beeing doing, think about it, when they Casualised the T4 survival (rip), Onslaught, Arbitrations, Fortuna, the Wolf...

Just play another thing, Warframe isn't worth playing anymore.

And also people like you and me are a joke to DE, and this community are just a bunch of soft white-knights.

• Like 1

On 2019-10-18 at 10:07 PM, TheArcSet said:

Seem's like a new item, that'll reclassify some old and new mods, like sinister_reach, ammo_stock, ect.

the big question here is: will the capacity limit increased for this or do we might have to get in trouble to use it with some of the already 'over-formated' weapons?