[DE]Helen

[PC] Coming This Week: The Old Blood

2 minutes ago, TheHappyTyranid said:

35k players on average

I remember 20k about 2 years ago, so that's actually nice to hear.
Guess it depends how close to content release someone checks it.

4 minutes ago, Silescere said:

On a sidenote: Please never ever "fix" ragdolling! I mightily enjoy it! 😀 Brightened up many gloomy days.

Same. DE, please never fix ragdolling. I love it especially so when I get to see rare floaty-bois that just escape the map and die due to fall damage. I have way too much fun pushing dangerous enemies off cliffs to their deaths. In fact, I wish we had more of that. It'd be totally fun to have an event themed around stunlocking enemies until they were pushed off the map.

• Haha 1

I wasn't scoffing about anything just saying. And yes there has been a dip just look at past and months.

9 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I know a lot of people were (and still are) a little concerned as to how they're going to handle that whole mechanic, especially 'nourish'.

If a player can just straight-up oneshot enemies at higher levels, that brings infinite scaling back. Which given what they're doing with Covert Lethality and Melee in general along with previous statements, would be very odd. If not, then how much damage does it deal to enemies in his gut? Does it give the buff if they fail to digest? There are questions that need answering when we finally see him.

Well, even if it does take longer for Higher level enemies to digest in his gut, just taking them out of the fight with a press of a button is pretty strong too. So I can see why a mobile version of his 1 could have been abused (I mean I sure would have). 

My only worries is if his ult is still potentially useful without the eating mechanic. I don’t doubt that the ability will be fun to use, but I worry that all it brings is a flat damage value. But I do admit that the last few frames have been really good, so maybe I’m just getting worried over nothing. The trailer doesn’t show any numbers or much gameplay, and I’m sure that with feedback any problems will be worked out anyway.

Edited by Shadedraxe

16 minutes ago, Sithis44 said:

I wasn't scoffing about anything just saying. And yes there has been a dip just look at past and months.

Mmm. I wasn't accusing you of scoffing. I was just saying it's still pretty impressive. 

As for players, Steam charts goes by the months, and the month isn't over yet. I bet my plat that it'll stabilize by the end of the month.

Things like this happen all the time. So long as the content drought doesn't go for a year or more *Cough cough TF2 cough*, the amount of players on steam should stay the same.

Note this is steam exclusively. This isn't talking about XBox, PS4, Nintendo Switch, or just having the vanilla launcher. I'm fairly certain there are at least 50,000 people playing a month, at least.

IDK about you but I think the game is still going strong. The game 'failing' signs will likely be a lot more obvious than this, like a 60% dip in player-base total, or a megathread devoted to angry comments.

Still, can't wait for this new update. Even flushed out my dojo to look pretty and have enough space and forma. Hope you're as excited as I am.

47 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

You should have seen what the Bo used to do to people with blast on it. =P
Unless you have, in which case, good times.
Space program on a stick

Oh dear xD  that sounds amazing! Haven't seen it myself yet, so if the effect is still there I definitely have to try that!

I already have a blast when I run Kuva Spy with Ivara and a blast Balla. They all go wheeee 😄 happy little fellas...

Edited by Silescere

52 minutes ago, TheHappyTyranid said:

Just checked it....

Seems to be doing fine? having about 35k players on average is nothing to scoff at. Still at least in the top of steam charts...

Just checked 21,842. and you checked right after the daily reset happened. 

When you lose about a third of players because they come on for the daily reset and leave.. 😕

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fire2box said:

Just checked 21,842. and you checked right after the daily reset happened. 

When you lose about a third of players because they come on for the daily reset and leave.. 😕

?

So it is? Huh. Well, I was playing during that time but decided to devote my time to the forums. Guess I just missed it.

Nice username, btw. Reminds me of my old one I used.

51 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

I remember 20k about 2 years ago, so that's actually nice to hear.
Guess it depends how close to content release someone checks it.

it's 21k now and out of the top ten. And 2 years ago plains of eidlon, fortuna, Eidolons, Arbitrations, SO/ESO weren't out. The first two were such big additions to the game DE physically advertised in times square, LA, San Francisco. 

I think this is the reason DE's working on revamping the new player experince. but it's been what, 3 months since they showed the Trancentburg directed intro and it's still not in game.  

Oof, I do not like the change to his #4, not even sure what the point of the knockback in such a small area is good for, would be useful if you actually intend to ignore the enemies but as a damage ability that seems horrible. How many bounces will be needed to kill scaling enemies and such. At least with the way it was before you could gather the enemies up before killing them. Maybe use this but also have the old #4? Where while using #4, you can press #1 and gobble up enemies as well.

Edited by Xazur

On 2019-10-21 at 11:28 AM, Lost_Cartographer said:

And we can place all these problems squarely at the feet of energy availability.  Until Trinity, the orb pick ups made decent enough restrictions.  Then it all went down the $#!%%er when she showed up with bless.

Yeah, it's somewhat ridiculous how many issues of the game can be traced back to how little restrictions there are on energy.

Hopefully DE is about to avoid Friday morning or before Baro arrival update release

I hope Kuva Liches will be as "endgameish" as we want it to be, because you need your veterans now again more than ever, player numbers dropping off and many of us are dissapointed and you keep saying that we are just "a little proportion of the community"... while you exactly know why... cause your game bored us off, because every content is too easy for those that have the tools to get what they want and they can get it immediately and those that don't have time will be the ones buying those things in seconds... and no it's not a good system, it's a system where players will leave because there is nothing to play for. Case closed. Again.

1 hour ago, Samhel said:

I hope Kuva Liches will be as "endgameish" as we want it to be, because you need your veterans now again more than ever, player numbers dropping off and many of us are dissapointed and you keep saying that we are just "a little proportion of the community"... while you exactly know why... cause your game bored us off, because every content is too easy for those that have the tools to get what they want and they can get it immediately and those that don't have time will be the ones buying those things in seconds... and no it's not a good system, it's a system where players will leave because there is nothing to play for. Case closed. Again.

It can bee end game only if they are goid rewords,and not like some endo,new weapons that are not weary new or some random new mods that are in the end not something that everyone can interstate to farm... if game mod is new and fun to playe + good rewards for example 15 new and fun weapons,10 badass mods,20 cosmetics,10 trophy and good random bonuses...then only then its a good end game for long run.... but we all know that we are not that lucky and that's for shore 😏

11 hours ago, Shadedraxe said:

My only worries is if his ult is still potentially useful without the eating mechanic. I don’t doubt that the ability will be fun to use, but I worry that all it brings is a flat damage value. But I do admit that the last few frames have been really good, so maybe I’m just getting worried over nothing. The trailer doesn’t show any numbers or much gameplay, and I’m sure that with feedback any problems will be worked out anyway.

How about it getting stronger the more enemies has in his belly? He gets heavier, therefore does more dmg on impact.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Skyrim.Prime said:
Spoiler

Image result for it's done when i say it's done

2 minutes ago, PrinceMeliodas said:

waiting for the obligatory edit of "its not coming today"

I'd say that's overly pessimistic...

but even an optimist has to face reality sometimes. "Wednesdays if they can" is usually a pretty big IF for things like these.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Loza03 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Image result for it's done when i say it's done

I'd say that's overly pessimistic...

but even an optimist has to face reality sometimes. "Wednesdays if they can" is usually a pretty big IF for things like these.

honestly its not pessimistic. its how we're all used to it having an obligatory edit that says "Not today" and then the next day "Not today" and then the next day "not happening this week"

Just now, PrinceMeliodas said:

honestly its not pessimistic. its how we're all used to it having an obligatory edit that says "Not today" and then the next day "Not today" and then the next day "not happening this week"

That's why I said that I would say that it was pessimistic but...

26 minutes ago, Sithis44 said:

I doubt it.

It IS Wednesday, my dude.

Whether that has any deeper meaning, it is up to DE to [DE]cide.

Oh, and...

I hope it's today... I'm overly excited for this Nemesis system with the Kuva Liches

• Like 1