Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We do not have the capacity for weapon exilus mods for them to be worth it.

NightclubRush

So while seeing the exilus mod slot portion of today's dev stream, I noticed the weapon used had a total of 9 polarities applied to it pre-existing or forma'd in, and its capacity was drained to zero.  One of the mods wasn't even maxed out, so for a full build (and I know this is getting into min-max territory but what else are we supposed to do after so long) we would have to forma every single mod slot on a weapon, lock ourselves into what might be a single build, and power level in ESO or Hydron more than we already do, after obtaining the weapon exilus adapter.  I really don't think getting loot should give us more chore objectives such as that.

To solve this, if we unlock the exilus slot on a weapon and apply a mod to that slot, have it give a boost in capacity instead of a drain, or just not cost anything at all.

If the mod slot exilus adapter gave a weapon a capacity boost, I would go after them non-stop and apply them to all of my favorite weapons.  It would feel like a reward instead of a rabbit hole.

• Like 7

It really just seems like something DE put in to sell more Forma and get us to grind more, rather than fixing the mod system itself.  Even with reload mods removed, everyone is just going to move to the next best thing.  I hope you all have fun putting an extra 2 forma on each of your guns.

• Like 3

Honestly there is literally 2 mods I would have been trying to fit in, 1 of which they removed (reload) so the only one I'll consider using is hush so I have other options to baza....

It really does seem like a useless addition if I'm honest as I doubt anyone is going to go and nerf 'damage' just for a utility mod such as hush and I'm not going to spend another forma to fit it in either... I'm at levelling stuff up overload.

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I doubt anyone is going to go and nerf 'damage' just for a utility mod

It's thus far been utterly impossible to build anything but just damage.
This is partly due to the enemy scaling, sure..
but it's also due to the sheer limitation of mod slots.

If this doesn't work as well as they hope, there's every chance they tweak the system later on.
I think it's a step in the right direction.

I've always Always wanted to build more utility, but simple cannot in order to kill basic lvl 40 stuff.

• Like 2

Or just don't use it?

It's literally allowing us to strap more mods onto a weapon with the measly cost of an extra forma or two. And if the effects of mods within it's category aren't worth spending extra forma or readjusting the rest of the build then the stats clearly aren't worth your time anyways.

But regardless of what mod stats can fit into this slot this change is still more blatant powercreep, lets please not encourage them to make the issue even worse.

• Like 2

If you put every slot on a weapon with polarity and depending on the drain of each, its perfectly plausible. HOWEVER, since neither reload speed or firerate were assigned as exilus mods, it isn't that worth to put a exilus on a primary or secondary at all. It's not powercreep even, the mods that were selected to work on that slot are ammo mutation mods, noise, ammo max, zoom, and recoil.

Objectively, we are fine now without them so there won't be a necessity to go after them. At the same time if we pursue it, it will be out of personal desire.

Formaing will not be as bad unless you haven't learn how to efficiently mod your weapons and/or make trade-offs. Example: here's a Soma build

0QxZFvE.png

and I want to use Stabilizer (max drain = 9). Obviously, formaing the exilus slot will not be enough and I shouldn't forma the Cyro Rounds because that makes my other builds (Corrosive and Gas) impossible to make. So the closest thing to do is to switch out Cryo Rounds with Rime Rounds (max drain = 7). I know, I loss my optimal damage but I didn't drop so far behind - that's the nature of min-maxing.

Edited by NekroArts
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

it's like they avoided making it completely blatant powercreep or something and instead maybe make it a little tricky to really do or fully commit to.

Avoiding power creep is the whole point of the exilus slot being its own special category of slot that only takes its own special catageory of mods, though. It doesn't need to be limited by capacity because you can't put anything that increases power in there anyway.

2 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

They just gave us an extra mod slot.
I'm not sure it merits that level of conspiracy.

Oh dear, a for-profit company designing its product to maximize the profit it makes counts as a conspiracy now?

2 hours ago, -skimmer- said:

ammo mutation was shown as exilus. That will certainly save a slot on kohm.

Good, that means they can nerf the riven disposition like they wanted but didn't because it would break builds.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 1

I was just abot to make a post about this.I think at the very least make the damn exilus slot come with a universal polarity when unlocked, buff the mod cap which is probably not gonna happen or as you said just make it not drain capacity Exilus Adapters cost 2 forma to make and the way it is I cant say Ill be using it the mods they make available for it are all trash or have very limited use and who the #*!% at DE decided that reload speed is not a utility mod ffs.

1 hour ago, kapn655321 said:

It's thus far been utterly impossible to build anything but just damage.
This is partly due to the enemy scaling, sure..
but it's also due to the sheer limitation of mod slots.

If this doesn't work as well as they hope, there's every chance they tweak the system later on.
I think it's a step in the right direction.

I've always Always wanted to build more utility, but simple cannot in order to kill basic lvl 40 stuff.

The issue is we're still going to have the same situation as we do now even with the extra mod slot, without increasing mod capacity we're going to be limited on space, some of my builds already have all but one, if not all slots forma'd due to space constraints. 

If I have to forma every slot it will literally lock that weapon into one build because of the way forma restricts polarities.

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

designing its product to maximize the profit

Any single thing they do could be described as such, and taken as such..

They changed lighting to maximize their profits!
Yeah, and, they wanted to make the game more enjoyable.
They make money when the game is more enjoyable, sure.

It's just whether it Feels to someone like a handwringing sneaky underhanded tactic to steal from us..
or just a way to make guns feel better to some of us.
As you might expect, I'm more feeling this is a just long anticipated way to make guns more versatile.
I've given them money HOPING they'd be able to get around to adding something like this.

If it's universally impossible to sustain, they'll add a way to increase capacity further, and Yes,
you'll be able to buy that thing surely. ...Forma don't need to cost you money.
Catalysts don't need to cost you money, In Large Part to nightwave recently, which I feel was them throwing us a bone.

Depends your perspective.
I've been seeing what they've done over the last year to be more friendly to the Free-Only crowd..
but take it how you will.

I want another mod slot for utility on guns.
Always have. Always always have.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

The issue is we're still going to have the same situation as we do now even with the extra mod slot, without increasing mod capacity we're going to be limited on space, some of my builds already have all but one, if not all slots forma'd due to space constraints. 

If I have to forma every slot it will literally lock that weapon into one build because of the way forma restricts polarities.

If you have spare points left, you can throw on a scope or something.
That's all I see it as, and that is pretty neat, and non-intrusive.

• Like 1