Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We do not have the capacity for weapon exilus mods for them to be worth it.

NightclubRush

It seems just like an extra customize option. People like options!  If you love a few guns then you have the option to mod them with it.  

Personally I don't mind the idea of putting Forma on a weapon to make my favorite even better.  

But.  I am not losing sleep over this either.  I'm fine without.  I can manage without.  So its a "Nice to have".  

1 hour ago, kapn655321 said:

Any single thing they do could be described as such, and taken as such..

That's because it is. And like you say, a lot of the time that involves making the game more fun. Thing is, not always. WF is a f2p game with a pay-to-skip business model. Now a traditional pay-to-play game just has to maximize fun so that you'll pay to play it, simple enough. But pay-to-skip? You're not paying to play the game, you're paying to not have to play the game. Nobody would pay extra to have less fun, so pay-to-skip game devs have to deliberately insert tedium and annoyance into their otherwise good and fun games to make that business model work. This is woven directly into WF's core game design, most pertinently in the idea of leveling the same weapon or frame multiple times to get it to its full potential. Fun? Hardly. Just an annoyance to get you to buy a booster to get it over with quicker.

So while I am also looking forward to the addition of weapon exilus, since I have a ton of forma sitting around and nothing left to do in the game, I can see that this change can legitimately be viewed as DE ratcheting up that pressure to spend. If they wanted to just make the game better and give players more some flexibility in the use of utility mods, without squeezing an extra buck out of them in the process, they wouldn't require the exilus slot to be unlocked and they'd make exilus mods cost no capacity. That would achieve the gameplay purpose without the financial one.

1 hour ago, kapn655321 said:

I've been seeing what they've done over the last year to be more friendly to the Free-Only crowd..

Eh........ kinda? Nightwave in particular is a double-edged sword in that respect, creating FOMO where none existed previously, contrary to what they said they wanted to achieve with it. But yes, WF does in general gradually move away from predatory monetizations (such as the old paid revives). Which I think is why people are so sensitive to any reverse in that trend, real or imagined.

Edited by SordidDreams

You don't have to forma to use the exilus slot, you can still roll just fine with 8 slots on your weapon last I checked.  This is for the people who really want to use ammo mutation mods on stuff like kohm and phage or use a particular weapon with ivara, as even silenced you wouldn't want to use a soma prime on ivara for example as the point of ivara is to one shot things while stealthed or use covert dagger.  I always wanted to try tigris prime out with ivara, now I can.  

That being said, I do wish you got a handful of extra capacity if you unlocked the exilus slot.  Doesn't even have to be 10 like with melee, it could be 5 and I'd be satisfied.  

• Like 1

First of all, don't use the new slot if its not convenient for you. You survived without it until now and you will be just fine in future. 

Second, if you do want it, you have to make compromises, spend more forma, sacrifice build flexibility. Thats how dev want to balance it, instead of adding more power/utilities for free. 

Third, imho, this extra mod slot is intended for only special case scenario and not necessary for most weapons / builds / missions. If we had reload speed or fire rate that would be another thing (and it makes sense why they removed those). My ignis isnt going to need anything else, but my acceltra desperately needs ammo max, this mod slot will finally make it viable. 

Take it as an addon, use when its necessary. Nuf said.

Edited by --Aegis--MR9
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Honestly there is literally 2 mods I would have been trying to fit in, 1 of which they removed (reload) so the only one I'll consider using is hush so I have other options to baza....

It really does seem like a useless addition if I'm honest as I doubt anyone is going to go and nerf 'damage' just for a utility mod such as hush and I'm not going to spend another forma to fit it in either... I'm at levelling stuff up overload.

Speak for yourself, please.  For the standard level of content, modding for maximum damage output is overkill for most weapons.  I setup semi-auto pistols to be a variant of the Lato as a hobby.  That means magazine size and rate of fire mods, neither of which will be exilus, but recoil will be, and many of the semi-autos have a lot of kick for Lotus knows what reason (especially compared to their dual-wield counterparts, WTF DE?)

Can't wait for these exilus slots.

Edited by Lost_Cartographer

13 hours ago, Zekkii said:

It really just seems like something DE put in to sell more Forma and get us to grind more, rather than fixing the mod system itself.  Even with reload mods removed, everyone is just going to move to the next best thing.  I hope you all have fun putting an extra 2 forma on each of your guns.

If they add to drain I won't be formaing a damn thing.

29 minutes ago, Lost_Cartographer said:

Speak for yourself, please.  For the standard level of content, modding for maximum damage output is overkill for most weapons.  I setup semi-auto pistols to be a variant of the Lato as a hobby.  That means magazine size and rate of fire mods, neither of which will be exilus, but recoil will be, and many of the semi-autos have a lot of kick for Lotus knows what reason (especially compared to their dual-wield counterparts, WTF DE?)

Can't wait for these exilus slots.

Well seeing as I said 'I' I was already speaking for myself..... but as you've stated for standard level content we don't actually need them... problem is very player is going to take out mods just for low level stuff because of the power fantasy game, 'grind' and all that sort of thing....it's a constant 'issue' when people suggest removing mods to give yourself more of a challenge in the 'enemies are too easy' threads.   

When the slot might become useful, because we want to run all our mods against enemies of higher levels so 'need' the extra slot for 'utility' there are issues with capacity.  Personally I have no issue with the recoil (9 capacity so you need 5 spare capacity on existing builds), or ammo capacity, on most weapons so like I said I literally had 2 mods I would have considered and one isn't there now.  To be fair though my issue is in most cases going to be capacity to use a mod, not whether I want to use a mod or not.

aside from a few ammo hungry outliers, like Boar Prime and Twin Grakatas, I don't think the slots are really that necessary. most of the utility mods are kinda rubbish, save for ammo mutation for the aforementioned weapons and others that run through ammo quick. even then, we have Carrier. I'm happy with the reserve ammo and mag capacity on most guns and don't bother with Hush, so why make a fuss?

15 hours ago, Zekkii said:

It really just seems like something DE put in to sell more Forma.

I've never once used plat to buy Forma, yet I have an arsenal full of fully forma'd weapons and Warframes with another 30+ Forma in reserve.

If people are actually wasting money on them, that's their own fault for being too weak-willed and impatient.

Edited by (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter

2 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

Yes.

Given the fact that I have 11 capacity left on my Rubico and the exilus mods such as ammo drum/mutation/reload speed etc are all 7-9 capacity, I'm going to say yes we have enough capacity. Unless something like Primed Shred becomes an exilus mod, in which case, just forma the exilus slot. 

On 2019-10-19 at 7:15 AM, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

The vets need something to do. Some guy on here said he had 20+ forma.

1st rule of MMOs: if it's possible, some guy will do it.

Please tell me that bit about 20+ forma was a joke. Players on here have hundreds, including myself.

13 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Please tell me that bit about 20+ forma was a joke. Players on here have hundreds, including myself.

I wasn't joking, that just makes it worse lol. Why is anyone even complaining. I have 9 right now lol. Er wait, I made some weapons I forgot about, I probably have 3 or 4.

26 minutes ago, -CdG-Piggles- said:

Given the fact that I have 11 capacity left on my Rubico and the exilus mods such as ammo drum/mutation/reload speed etc are all 7-9 capacity, I'm going to say yes we have enough capacity. Unless something like Primed Shred becomes an exilus mod, in which case, just forma the exilus slot. 

Given your build is about 50% of what the rubico's potential damage is, perhaps mod research is in your future.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

I wasn't joking, that just makes it worse lol. Why is anyone even complaining. I have 9 right now lol. Er wait, I made some weapons I forgot about, I probably have 3 or 4.

It's all from Plaguestar bro, easy to get over 100 in that week.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

Given your build is about 50% of what the rubico's potential damage is, perhaps mod research is in your future.

Rofl 50% huh? Please do show your build with 6000+ viral damage. Aside from a riven he's really not lacking anything and that will only decrease capacity by about 4.

Edited by Zilchy

51 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

Right back at you.

Snipers fit the general criteria of being hunter-munitions viable: slow fire rate that can't strip efficiently with corrosive, high base damage, high crit chance for consistent procs. In that regards, Rubico can be used to devastating effect at far higher levels than a standard crit build that doesn't deal with armor efficiently.

The thing is, most people run raw crit on snipers for the sole reason that there simply isn't any content to blow those superamped bleed procs on, and those few enemies that are tanky enough to warrant them are usually straight up immune (Eidolons, exploiter, etc.) That's why pure crit is used so often.

That said,

1 hour ago, -CdG-Piggles- said:

that proves the point, kinda; there isn't much flexibility on that build, since all 8 slots had to be forma'd for that effect.

I'd ask for 5 or 10 extra cap unlocked on getting the pexilus for guns, similar to how melees get stances.

21 minutes ago, RWBY-WhiteRose said:

that proves the point, kinda; there isn't much flexibility on that build, since all 8 slots had to be forma'd for that effect.

I'd ask for 5 or 10 extra cap unlocked on getting the pexilus for guns, similar to how melees get stances.

Wouldn't be a terrible idea but I genuinely think it unnecessary. Except maybe some guns that use a lot of capacity.

Edited by -CdG-Piggles-

34 minutes ago, Sunpoint_Plasma_Drill said:

Still waiting for him to drop his triple S grade -mag primed chamber rubico build 

Yeh he went awful quiet when I asked didn't he? No doubt it'll be a crit built Rubico complete with riven(crit dmg, crit chance, multishot), while he remains blissfully unaware and ignorant of the fact Piggles build will absolutely DESTROY a crit build lol.