NightclubRush

We do not have the capacity for weapon exilus mods for them to be worth it.

On 2019-10-18 at 1:34 PM, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

it's like they avoided making it completely blatant powercreep or something and instead maybe make it a little tricky to really do or fully commit to.

Oh yes. Because adding a mod like ammo drum or ammo mutation would be game breaking power creep. Thank god they made it so it would take like 10 forma. Otherwise it would be more op. Somehow.

2 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Yeh he went awful quiet when I asked didn't he? No doubt it'll be a crit built Rubico complete with riven(crit dmg, crit chance, multishot), while he remains blissfully unaware and ignorant of the fact Piggles build will absolutely DESTROY a crit build lol.

ieTU11m.png

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Oh yes. Because adding a mod like ammo drum or ammo mutation would be game breaking power creep. Thank god they made it so it would take like 10 forma. Otherwise it would be more op. Somehow.

Use a modicum of common sense. Nobody's gonna be putting ammo drum in there mate, It'll be whatever mod will make the weapon stronger. As just 1 example if you removed recoil from Grakata you would increase your effective DPS ie the only thing that really matters.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

27 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Use a modicum of common sense. Nobody's gonna be putting ammo drum in there mate, It'll be whatever mod will make the weapon stronger. As just 1 example if you removed recoil from Grakata you would increase your effective DPS ie the only thing that really matters.

Having ammo mutation would help alot and would definitely change in the DPS and builds in alot of weapons, especially the ones that have little to no ammo efficiency like the pox

24 minutes ago, Teto said:

Having ammo mutation would help alot and would definitely change in the DPS and builds in alot of weapons, especially the ones that have little to no ammo efficiency like the pox

While I agree, the sheer fact that most players opt for crit over everything else, suggests they don't understand such concepts unless their favourite youtube players makes a video about it. So it's more likely they'll opt for pretty damage numbers.

5 hours ago, -CdG-Piggles- said:

Are you sure about that.

yHwGfCf.png

I cringe looking at this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2019-10-18 at 10:30 PM, NekroArts said:

Objectively, we are fine now without them so there won't be a necessity to go after them. At the same time if we pursue it, it will be out of personal desire.

Formaing will not be as bad unless you haven't learn how to efficiently mod your weapons and/or make trade-offs. Example: here's a Soma build

0QxZFvE.png

and I want to use Stabilizer (max drain = 9). Obviously, formaing the exilus slot will not be enough and I shouldn't forma the Cyro Rounds because that makes my other builds (Corrosive and Gas) impossible to make. So the closest thing to do is to switch out Cryo Rounds with Rime Rounds (max drain = 7). I know, I loss my optimal damage but I didn't drop so far behind - that's the nature of min-maxing.

You could even say rime rounds is a better option, considering it also gives status chance which gets more and more important later on.

And considering all those elemental status mods are a V.
Same could be done for infected clip. Although one could argue here that the gas dmg would be crippled. If youd go for gas.

On 2019-10-18 at 4:30 PM, NekroArts said:

Objectively, we are fine now without them so there won't be a necessity to go after them. At the same time if we pursue it, it will be out of personal desire.

Formaing will not be as bad unless you haven't learn how to efficiently mod your weapons and/or make trade-offs. Example: here's a Soma build

0QxZFvE.png

and I want to use Stabilizer (max drain = 9). Obviously, formaing the exilus slot will not be enough and I shouldn't forma the Cyro Rounds because that makes my other builds (Corrosive and Gas) impossible to make. So the closest thing to do is to switch out Cryo Rounds with Rime Rounds (max drain = 7). I know, I loss my optimal damage but I didn't drop so far behind - that's the nature of min-maxing.

This^.  

1.  Saying we don’t have the “capacity”, quite frankly, is horse****.

People are blinded by damage mod stats without looking at how intigrating the exilus slot will help their load outs.

...or they don’t want to put the effort into it, and hope DE will change something,

2.  Paracesis, my old friend, you’ve been alone for a long time.  You only satisfy HALF of the “Gun and Blade kills SENTIENTS” narrative.

Soon enough, a friend (or two?) with the same power will join you...

SERIOUSLY Tenno, do you think DE DOESN’T know they created the need for more capacity?

Weapons and mods will come.

😆

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73
  • Haha 1

Weapon exilus slots should not take any mod capacity at all. Pretty much all mods they showed are gimmicky and not thrown 2-4 extra formas to fit in one of those. Specially considering you are gonna have to build the eximus adapter to begin with. Also it not taking reload mods in is dumb since that's pretty much the only thing worth even putting in that slot.

An interesting take on weapon exilus slots and extra slots in general could be to make their capacity related to actual account mastery... let's say 1 point of exilus capacity every 1-2 mastery levels, it would be enough to cover most utility mods before needing to resort to extensive formaing

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Rofl 50% huh? Please do show your build with 6000+ viral damage. Aside from a riven he's really not lacking anything and that will only decrease capacity by about 4.

Your defense of a discord hipster build is about as quality as the build itself.

meanwhile in the real world:

EuTd6.jpg

or

EuTfg.jpg

heeey whadda ya know double, and you can even still get +50% between the builds with subing hunter munitions for the riven and doing viral, why the hell you think viral is of any use against sortie level enemies is probably another theoretical chain of imaginary 100% procs complete with dramatic music and cheering or the like.

Meanwhile again in the real world, you'd be three tiles away with a trail of bodies you didn't have to check for bleed procs, ever, even with EEE or enhanced enemy armor in play, and boss or special enemy proc immunity has absolutely no bearing and also doesn't waste both forma and open mod slot alike.

Remember kids, synthetic discord builds not only hurt you, they hurt anyone dumb enough to listen to you.

• Applause 1

The key thing to remember here is that it's entirely OPTIONAL. No one is forcing anyone to use this feature and spend Forma to boot. It's something for those who have nothing else better to occupy their time with. 

As for mod points, I have long been a proponent of being able to "power down" our mods. We have one mod and when equipping, we choose its rank from zero to whatever we have unlocked. Rather then having duplicates at every single rank because we are missing ONE point or something from equipping a mod at max rank. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

Your defense of a discord hipster build is about as quality as the build itself.

EuTd6.jpg

or

EuTfg.jpg

heeey whadda ya know double, and you can even still get +50% between the builds with subing hunter munitions for the riven and doing viral, why the hell you think viral is of any use against sortie level enemies is probably another theoretical chain of imaginary 100% procs complete with dramatic music and cheering or the like.

Meanwhile again in the real world, you'd be three tiles away with a trail of bodies you didn't have to check for bleed procs, ever, even with EEE or enhanced enemy armor in play, and boss or special enemy proc immunity has absolutely no bearing and also doesn't waste both forma and open mod slot alike.

Remember kids, synthetic discord builds not only hurt you, they hurt anyone dumb enough to listen to you.

Bahahahhahahahahaha you must be new. You have no idea how Viral wprks do you? It's even funnier that you're using heavy caliber on a weapon that relies on accuracy for high damage. Bro who cares about Sortie 3? I frequently do Sorties with my MK 1 Braton just for fun, they're so incredibly easy.  If you had a clue you'd realise Piggles build is for endurance ie the only place a strong build actually matters. Everything else of you sneeze too hard the enemies all die once you get good, which you are not. 

Get back to me when you take your cute little build to 2 hours into an Arbitration and can only chip away at their billiona of health lol, till then keep extracting at Rotation C kid and believing that crit damage is the be all, end all lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Zebiko said:

I cringe looking at this.

Why? It's the strongest endgame build you can put on it. Minus a riven of course. A crit build is great for early game like Sortie 3 but it'll drop off much faster than that build will later on.

If you want to use a weapon exilus you need to...

1. Farm a new drop
  2. Craft said new drop
  3. Forma your weapon 3-4 more times

And your reward is... to 'nerf' you build as an exchange for some QoL.

That is a whole lot of effort for literally a negative reward. And while I am sure there will be niche use cases, I would personally rather see weapon exilus be something that actually has an impact on your day-to-day gameplay. This addition to the game will be pointless for the majority of players, including many "hardcore" players, sounds like a wasted opportunity to me.

Suggestion: Just have mods equipped in the exilus slot have a zero drain.

inb4 people say it is power creep to have a "free" additional QoL mod

• Like 2

You may not, others may well. Also you not "required" to use a extilus slot if you don't want to change you "fetabuild"

37 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Bahahahhahahahahaha you must be new. You have no idea how Viral wprks do you? It's even funnier that you're using heavy caliber on a weapon that relies on accuracy for high damage. Bro who cares about Sortie 3? I frequently do Sorties with my MK 1 Braton just for fun, they're so incredibly easy.  If you had a clue you'd realise Piggles build is for endurance ie the only place a strong build actually matters. Everything else of you sneeze too hard the enemies all die once you get good, which you are not. 

Get back to me when you take your cute little build to 2 hours into an Arbitration and can only chip away at their billiona of health lol, till then keep extracting at Rotation C kid and believing that crit damage is the be all, end all lol.

You bringing a rubico to begin to "endgame" content spells out exactly how clueless you are, never mind relying on an incidental proc versus frontloaded damage, in addition to HC having pretty much zero effect on any prime snipe. If you actually knew what you were talking about this topic would covering the vectis for endgame if you were actually obtuse enough to bring a snipe to longer than an hour content. But good job laying out your ignorance in several other venues as well doubling down on synthetic discord tech.

• Applause 1

16 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

You bringing a rubico to begin to "endgame" content spells out exactly how clueless you are, never mind relying on an incidental proc versus frontloaded damage, in addition to HC having pretty much zero effect on any prime snipe. If you actually knew what you were talking about this topic would covering the vectis for endgame if you were actually obtuse enough to bring a snipe to longer than an hour content. But good job laying out your ignorance in several other venues as well doubling down on synthetic discord tech.

A vectis huh? You gonna put heavy caliber on that as well? Personally I bring a miter to endgame but I can understand bringing a rubico to endurance arbitration where you likely don't have 4 CP. HC has effect on a sniper actually, you're probably just shooting enemies point blank lol. I prefer not to let them get that close. It's pretty funny that you talk about synthetic builds etc when crit builds have basically been the meta builds for several years now, you probably got it from your favourite youtuber that you fanboy.

I would've thought Rose's explanation earlier would've been enough for you to realise how wrong you are. I guess you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Edited by Zilchy
  • Haha 1

Exilus is more like utility, not every weapons in the arsenal requires to have Exilus. For example, the grakata. Due to its high fire rate, high yet manageable recoil, I would put the Stabiliser mod on it but will I commit the exilus? Maybe, soon™ or even after 2k35, that i do not know.

Or, i could pull a big brain pro gamer move and put Hush on my Cernos Prime. :clem:

that said, why its started arguments abt ones 7 forma Rubico, whats wrong with it? is it Blasphemy for someone to commit such investment for it is not satisfying one desire to commit the absolute deeps for him/herself?

• Like 1

Can y'all argue about the Rubico builds and when/where each build has it's place? And/or let people play and mod how they want? Without a bunch of butthurt-sounding salt and passive-aggresion? Anywho.

16 hours ago, RWBY-WhiteRose said:

I'd ask for 5 or 10 extra cap unlocked on getting the pexilus for guns, similar to how melees get stances.

I had a relevant suggestion in another thread 

Spoiler

tldr; DE could double down on giving us slots, and solve the capacity problem, by making the base damage mods into the equivalent of stance mods on melee, or auras on Warframes.
Bring the capacity down to 10 on Serration for example (1 per rank, so we can leave the mods in the game, and not even have to refund any endo or credits to players or anything), and you've kept the "mandatory mod" for base damage, and gained an extra slot and capacity (potatoed and fully ranked Serration would provide a total of 70 capacity at max weapon rank). This also provides similar rank-0 modding flexibility that new players without MR can get on Warframes and Melees via Auras and stances. It also would allow the UI to be consistent to Warframe's, by having the damage and exilus slots up top, above the usual 8.

If y'all are worried about that introducing power creep, I'd propose just nerfing the base damage mod by a bit, ideally by an amount that the DPS-Meta try-hards can immediately re-obtain by slotting in the next most DPS-additive mod, which I'd assume is either bothering with the bane mods, another elemental mod, or somesuch options. And realize that this wouldn't be something that really gives or takes much of anything to the meta-slaves, it's more to provide even more choice to people who want just the one more slot for one more (or their first possible) utility mod out of the usual 8 slots.

My two cents.

• Applause 1

6 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

EuTd6.jpg

or

EuTfg.jpg

Dude talks about Synthetic builds 

Literally posts a synthetic build AHAHA

Imagine using heavy caliber on an accuracy based weapon. Also imagine using corrosive ever, now I understand you just don't have friends to play with, I'm actually crying laughing bro, you're so cringe. Sucks to suck I guess... 

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Builds are subjective. I could forma my 3rd Vectis Prime with 9 forma, slap on some mods and say this bad boy can beat any sortie level enemies.

On the side note, if you add HC to your sniper build, you should be happy about weapon exilus mods because you can probably negate accuracy with positive accuracy mods

On 2019-10-18 at 10:04 PM, Diavoros said:

If you put every slot on a weapon with polarity and depending on the drain of each, its perfectly plausible. HOWEVER, since neither reload speed or firerate were assigned as exilus mods, it isn't that worth to put a exilus on a primary or secondary at all. It's not powercreep even, the mods that were selected to work on that slot are ammo mutation mods, noise, ammo max, zoom, and recoil.

I have a question not related to forma/space outrage or rubico builds. Does magazine capacity will also fit in to this new exilus slot?

And if yes then food for thought - this exilus slots might be able to off set the negatives on rivens like neg. ammo/recoil/magazine capacity that otherwise were killing the weapon.