Sign in to follow this  
Golden_Tatsuo

Hand Axes (please?)

I've just spent some time going over my collections while admiring the range of weapons when it struck me...

Why does Warframe have a lack of hand axes and other small axes like this?

I dont mean those big F-off axes like Scindo or Volnus (aesthetically), I mean smaller axe heads with long handles:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTioQVcrHJXgAb-vTMvqRR

What made me want this is my constant running around with various Zaws and other polearms but wanting something with a bit more bite. 

I'd be happy if even within the 1-handed sword and polearms (or anywhere else they would fit) that these weapons can fit into the category of were implemented there, if only aesthetically. 

As @Rawbeard pointed out we have Dual hand-axes, just no single ones.  The closest to a single hand-axe we have would be the Kama or the Kreska, but sickles and axes aren't really the same.  If we were to get some, I think they would fit best in the Machete category like the aforementioned sickles.

Edited by xXRampantXx

The lack of axes in general in this game is kinda surprising.

For example, the Cassowar and Serro are pretty much the only actual halberds or pole-axes we have in the entire pole weapon category, and what's especially strange is that we have no axes at all in the entire Thrown Secondary category.

Also, and this is admittedly more of a quibble, I honestly think that giving the Scindo Hammer stance mods would make way more sense than giving it Heavy Blade stance mods.