Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rip my Ivara build.

Lancars

26 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

You can break the helmet with just one or two shots from a Daikyu.  Just like COA Altair said in his post....

And all of that still isn't faster than what a single Ivara can do to a lvl 200 Nox all by herself even without CL.  Dying from the Toxin cloud is the main reason you don't want to melee stealth kill a high level Nox the second time anyway. I say second time, because it usually takes two to three melee stealth kills to kill them once they get above lvl 100 depending on the weapon being used.  At those levels it's usually better to just blast it in the head with Artemis to get rid of both it and it's toxin cloud.  😄   

I don't have that issue cause i have the double jump mod or i just roll away. I aimglide sleep them and dive in. Stab. Then jump or roll away and i move on.

1 hour ago, Lancars said:

What about a nox which takes reduced damage till you break the glass.

Then maybe we're stuck with a few enemies we can't one-shot with zero threat. We aren't going to have challenge in this game unless we concede some of our power to trivialize every obstacle.

1 hour ago, bibmobello said:

i don't agree with the CO nerf...

Whether it's a nerf is a point of conjecture. They're capping how many times it benefits from Status afflicitions to 3, but they're also buffing the amount of extra damage each Status effect provides (new % unknown). Depending on how you build around CO, and how much the new % will be, the change could actually be a buff. For example, if it's bumped to 80%/status, you'll only need 3 effects to get +240% damage instead of 4, and either way you're getting more potential damage in fewer hits.

4 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

Whether it's a nerf is a point of conjecture. They're capping how many times it benefits from Status afflicitions to 3, but they're also buffing the amount of extra damage each Status effect provides (new % unknown). Depending on how you build around CO, and how much the new % will be, the change could actually be a buff. For example, if it's bumped to 80%/status, you'll only need 3 effects to get +240% damage instead of 4, and either way you're getting more potential damage in fewer hits.

No dude, you understood CO incorrectly. The reason for it to be OP is because it stacks EXPONENTIALLY!

Yes you read it correctly! It means if you proc 4 status it will be 1.6^4 = 6.5536x MULTIPLICATIVE bonus damage on affected mobs.

So back to your "assumed" increased bonus of 80 percent. 1.8 to the power of 3 is only 5.832x damage bonus and it would not go further. The bonus must be high enough to be acceptable compensation. Or else it is obviously a Nerf !

Edited by Diangelius

Btw, I also find removing Covert Lethality is ridiculous. It is the reason for Dagger to be distinctive (not sure about Dual Daggers). It exists solely for stealth assassination. Now it's being removed and we have to use the dagger, mindlessly hacking and slashing everything just like using other weapons.

Ash can use it to Fatal Teleport and instantly kill some "assassinatable" bosses in sorties (around lvl 150 and under Physical/Elemental enhancement). But I'm not sure after the mod's removal.

Edited by Diangelius

6 minutes ago, Diangelius said:

Btw, I also find removing Covert Lethality is ridiculous. It is the reason for Dagger to be distinctive (not sure about Dual Daggers). It exists solely for stealth assassination. Now it's being removed and we have to use the dagger, mindlessly hacking and slashing everything just like using other weapons.

Ash can use it to Fatal Teleport and instantly kill some "assassinatable" bosses. But I'm not sure after the mod's removal.

CL's ability is being moved to the Parazon... apparently... tbh Steve barely talked about its usage besides the Kuva Lich stuff, so we have no idea how it works--if it even does--outside of the cutscene assassinations we've seen.

Hopefully we get more info on this thing in the near future, because I'd hate to loose a whole playstyle 😕 (sorry, but even with the melee buffs I still think daggers--especially with the removal of CL--are going to be awful to use, unless they get one hell of a buff)

Edited by Numerikuu

10 hours ago, bibmobello said:

You can put to sleep everything with other frames too but you will not break the helmet of a level 200 nox without having radiation and or a lot of damage...If you have a pure HM munition build without elemental you will not break it at all... And if you use artemis bow and you are too close you will die for toxin damage.

Realistically when would you ever be up against a level 200+ Nox xD

Maybe it's me but I always saw covert lethality as something that should have been in built with a dagger, especially if it's a stealth kill.  The whole idea of a stealth kill and a dagger is to kill the enemy quickly and swiftly in one hit.    Admittedly I do have a zaw dagger with a range riven which basically turned it into a sword with iirc stinging thorn stance (which actually synergised really well with CL), the dagger is big enough too lol

We still haven't heard much about the new 'finisher weapon' but I would like to think it will still basically one shot an enemy on a finisher.... the issue I have with the parzon is more about the 'mods' needed for it, looks like getting them (and using) might be annoying from what was said in devstream.

Edited by LSG501

7 hours ago, Diangelius said:

Ash can use it to Fatal Teleport and instantly kill some "assassinatable" bosses in sorties (around lvl 150 and under Physical/Elemental enhancement). But I'm not sure after the mod's removal.

Well to be honest, CL really only benefited two frames.  Ivara and Ash (maybe Inaros) as those are the only frames that can get o higher level enemies to make good use of it.  Just happens that those frame can still get the job done without CL anyway.  Just not quite as fast as with CL.  

I myself just see it as a way to mod weapons differently to achieve higher stealth kill damage.  Which is something I have done multiple times when ranking up melee weapons that have low damage.  Yes there are mods that increase finisher damage.  😛 

edit:  What I'm more concerned with is that DE stopped weapons other than melee being able to get stealth multipliers without using Sleep.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

10 hours ago, Diangelius said:

No dude, you understood CO incorrectly. The reason for it to be OP is because it stacks EXPONENTIALLY!

Yes you read it correctly! It means if you proc 4 status it will be 1.6^4 = 6.5536x MULTIPLICATIVE bonus damage on affected mobs.

So back to your "assumed" increased bonus of 80 percent. 1.8 to the power of 3 is only 5.832x damage bonus and it would not go further. The bonus must be high enough to be acceptable compensation. Or else it is obviously a Nerf !

Good.

CO is downright broken as-is, Maiming Strike encourages bad habits and boring gameplay, but CO's sheer damage output harms any attempt to make a foe that is both affected by statuses and not erased the instant a player looks at it too hard.

"Only" six times as strong from a single mod slot that now requires little to no setup, as if that's not already absurdly powerful and far stronger than we need for all reasonable content.