Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the point of daggers? - New Rework

28ryl

The fact that DE specifically nuked CL actually makes me feel better about their intentions with daggers as the only reason to remove that is if you have plans, I like plans, I like people having ideas, even if the ideas fall flat DE is an eternally moving forward studio so I'd prefer things change rather than stagnate as that is a slow death.

As for reach, it would be interesting if they made reach actually have a slight drawback, such as weapons have sweet spots, this would be a slight nerf to polarms which are dominant in room clearing as if you're on top of someone hitting them with the haft of the weapon then they take less damage. No idea how they would implement it, especially without pissing off people that can't let go of their 15 meter room clearing monsters, but I for one would be fine letting them remove/change some of the more problematic interactions like that. And Slash, that has got to be changed one day for any form of balance with health and armor to go forward.

15 minutes ago, Cloudyvisage said:

The fact that DE specifically nuked CL

didn't sound to me like they where nuking Covert Lethality, sounded like it was being move to the new dataspike MacGuffin, which I expect to either be moddable to rez people faster, give more hacking time and apparently yeet with finishers but who knows until we know. Maybe tonights primetime will reveal more since it sounds like they will be largely covering the upcoming changes on the dev build. 

Update: Covert Lethality is remaining as a dagger mod, but will be changing in function (from the sounds of it).

This is what Megan said during Prime Time #266: "... we had changed it in the dev workshop to not be a dagger mod. But it will remain as a dagger mod for now, with a plus 16 initial combo and 100% finisher damage. Again pending later review... depending on what we see."  (I am not sure how much damage that is, but I am guessing CL is getting capped?)

You can find this new info about Covert Lethality being mentioned on Prime Time #266, (timestamp: starting from roughly 17:39. Note, Condition Overload's changes were also mentioned prior to CL, it is going from 60% to 120% per stack):

I am not sure what the future holds, I am just relaying information here.

On 2019-10-24 at 8:19 PM, BlindStalker said:

Update: Covert Lethality is remaining as a dagger mod, but will be changing in function (from the sounds of it).

This is what Megan said during Prime Time #266: "... we had changed it in the dev workshop to not be a dagger mod. But it will remain as a dagger mod for now, with a plus 16 initial combo and 100% finisher damage. Again pending later review... depending on what we see."  (I am not sure how much damage that is, but I am guessing CL is getting capped?)

You can find this new info about Covert Lethality being mentioned on Prime Time #266, (timestamp: starting from roughly 17:39. Note, Condition Overload's changes were also mentioned prior to CL, it is going from 60% to 120% per stack):

I am not sure what the future holds, I am just relaying information here.

I wasn't there for that part of the stream, so while it's still iffy, this is actually really good to know for CL. Thanks

2 hours ago, Shylo50 said:

I wasn't there for that part of the stream, so while it's still iffy, this is actually really good to know for CL. Thanks

Note. I want to say that I think that Covert Lethality is fundamentally changing in execution and that it will no longer be able to do 1 hit kill finisher on stunned enemies all the way to enemy level cap (level 9,999 enemies), from how I interpreted what Megan said.

I get the feeling that the current part of what CL does, the "Lethal Damage on Finishers" will be going away and will be replaced by what Megan said, "with a plus 16 initial combo and 100% finisher damage. Again pending later review." Megan made no mention about the "Lethal Damage on Finishers" staying on CL.

That's why I think CL is getting essentially "capped" and they're trying to incorporate it into the new melee system. I imagine it will stop 1 hit killing enemies after some level (when that level is, is unknown). 100% finisher damage I'm not really sure how much that is worth, considering that we have "Finishing Touch" as a mod that comes in at 5 mod capacity and already gives '+60% finisher damage'. Plus, daggers currently do not have high finisher multipliers (apparently for daggers, ground finishers are x6.0 and for stealth 3.2x. To compare, fist melee weapons on ground finishers are x30.0 and hammers and rapiers on stealth is x24.0). No mention was made on whether CL's mod capacity is changing as well for its changes (I imagine people can't justify a 13 mod capacity for what CL might do in the future, given the current info). Right now, I imagine that's how CL will turn out and that any setup that relied on CL do the actual deletion of enemies until level 9,999 cap is maybe dead. But this is only speculation on my part until more details about melee part 2 technique are released.

daggers should have the highest Critical Chance of all melee weapons

not the highest critical DAMAGE or base damage, thats the realm of a huge powerful melee, but definately the highest chance

speed, multi strike, critical deadly attacks on weak points, thats the dagger theme if covert stealth kills/finishers are removed

when using a dagger you speciffically target the most vunerable part of an opponent on the body or thru their armor etc

OR (and its prob too much work) imagine if u can equip daggers and another melee

the dagger is actually paired with any single handed secondary, opening up a counter attack to any eligible enemy attacking u at contact range WITHOUT interrupting reload mechanisms

On 2019-10-19 at 8:53 AM, Sziklamester said:

Hopefully the daggers and dual will be the same speed level as in this old video. Of course with better stats but daggers never was about damage instead speed and finisher.

I can't stand not to put this everytime I see a dagger thread.

Wow, he's really hacking at that security! I hope the player doesn't have anything like carpal tunnel syndrome or any debilitating wrist/finger disease.