Sign in to follow this  
xamtheone

While we're changing the Arsenal screen, change stats sorting and add units to values

1. Currently the stats displayed in the arsenal are sorted alphabetically. While this is perfect for english, other languages get screwed (ex. french) because critical damage and critical multiplier for example are not grouped together. Easy fix: don't sort alphabetically, group logically.

2. What's the unit of distance for range, punch-through, etc. ? Centimeters ? Meters ? Light-years ? Floofs ? Long time players know it's meters, but think about the new players. Just throw an "m" behind that number please. Same argument can apply to other values like reloading or fire rate.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, xamtheone said:

Currently the stats displayed in the arsenal are sorted alphabetically.

Today I learned, only took 5000+ hours.

• Haha 4

As a Russian client user I upvote this.

You'd still rather post this somewhere in Feedback though.

Il y a 2 heures, ant99999 a dit :

You'd still rather post this somewhere in Feedback though.

True, can a mod move this ?

2 часа назад, xamtheone сказал:

True, can a mod move this ?

Yes, they move them regularily. Not familiar with the process though, so where to write - I don't know.

1. Wow, that does need to get fixed, probably overlooked with all english speaking people.

2. Distance in game is arbitrary, as the 1 meter scale could be changed to what the devs want it to. So there isn't a need for units, except for people that are disturbed by measurements without units. Then, again, it doesn't matter because in game meter is most likely not to scale as in real life. They could technically make up their own measurement word and nothing would change, other than lore. I'd vote for floof units.

il y a 47 minutes, Zebiko a dit :

2. Distance in game is arbitrary, as the 1 meter scale could be changed to what the devs want it to. So there isn't a need for units, except for people that are disturbed by measurements without units. Then, again, it doesn't matter because in game meter is most likely not to scale as in real life. They could technically make up their own measurement word and nothing would change, other than lore. I'd vote for floof units.

Although it could certainly be not a real meter, it would still help make decisions, for example will +1 punch-trough help to go trough 1 enemy. It gives a sense of scale to an abstract number. Having different internal numbers doesn't really matter, at worst they can be converted for display.

13 hours ago, xamtheone said:

Although it could certainly be not a real meter, it would still help make decisions, for example will +1 punch-trough help to go trough 1 enemy. It gives a sense of scale to an abstract number. Having different internal numbers doesn't really matter, at worst they can be converted for display.

Pretty sure 1.0 punch through is more than one enemy, and enemies are different thick.

il y a 57 minutes, Kylo. a dit :

Pretty sure 1.0 punch through is more than one enemy, and enemies are different thick.

My point is, we know it's meters, the wiki has the info and not the game. Just add the unit. Other parts of the game show the unit of distance, like sniper scopes, so it's inconsistent and unnecessary to hide that info.