Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Underused OP warframes

C104

While almost every warframe in these game has potential for high lv endurance runs there are some that are especially superb. Most of these see high usage, inaros, rhino ect. However there is one frame, one who has infinitive scaling damage (one noteable exampel beeing Octavia) a damage reduction and is still not played: Gara

GAra has everything:

The best damage reduction (you literlly just have to press 2)

Infinite scaling damage on her 2 (my highscore is 6 billion damage in a seven meter radius every second)

A decent defense ability for objects ( her 4)

A nice room swiping 1

and a great synergy between her 1 2 and 4 

So why does nobody play her? I get she is a heavy investment, for her to work I invested 21 forma and a riven, but its worth it. I am absolutly immortal with adaptation one, can nuke better than saryn and even buff my teammates 

1 minute ago, C104 said:

thats the stupid thing I am tankyier than Inaros

Yes tankier till you find yourself inside a bubble or a demolist will nullify your powers. BTW in every other normal games the developers use  their statistics, not only  their dogs  like beta testers to balance a game. If they see everyone using a frame that can kill every enemy on the map, dealing 99% damage they rebalance it.Here they don't. 

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Drachnyn:

I'd like to add that you can cast your 2 on your sentinel aswell which usually ends up doubling the damage from your 2 because stacking damage on yourself also does that for your sentinel.

yeah i know that but i still prefer giving it to that squishy inaros

vor 1 Minute schrieb bibmobello:

Yes tankier till you find yourself inside a bubble or a demolist will nullify your powers. BTW in every other normal games the developers use  their statistics, not only  their dogs  like beta testers to balance a game. If they see everyone using a frame that can kill every enemy on the map, dealing 99% damage they rebalance it.Here they don't. 

there is a great counter for that: My supra vandal with an op riven and my dethcube with a mini gun

28 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Characters designed to be nukes, are performing well as nukes, wow makes you wonder

Hydroid - painful to play that way, but he can literally sit in a survival forever and win. 

Banshee - how many times to you want to rollback into integer cap? Once? Twice? Ten times? Not a problem. 

Vauban - best in slot single defense frame for a group. If the players are not sleeping, they won't even get shot at. 

Edit - @W4RM3CH4N1C integer cap is 2.148 billion if you want the precise number 😄

Edited by Autongnosis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, C104 said:

So why does nobody play her? I get she is a heavy investment, for her to work I invested 21 forma and a riven, but its worth it. I am absolutly immortal with adaptation one, can nuke better than saryn and even buff my teammates 

Besides the investment, I'd guess it's because the build-up is long for a lot of missions, and probably kind of dull to many players.   And while the end result is very fun IMO,  it's  overkill most of the time and has some limits that Saryn etcetera dont, even if they don't have all the scaling potential of Gara.

If there was more content (with a reason to run it) kicking our arses at high levels, I'm sure we'd see a lot more of her.

• Like 1

6 billion damage... impressive. Now how much time did you waste before reaching any resemblance of a worthwhile number to begin with? I mean even at a few million damage her noodle storm hits for nothing vs armored enemies, plus the crap skill requires a build up involving your #4. I gave up on Gara when built up a 500k + 500k from sentinel Splinter Storm in Sim and trying the damage on a passive misxed group of Corrupted Bombards and HG. It wasnt very interesting to see that 1 million total damage tick for 100 something twice per second.

Why would I go through any of that (besides being blinded by a pretty and useless number) when I can just crash in there as Frosty the Snowman and popcicle the whole bunch and just chop or shoot them into ice cubes afterwards? In that case you dont even need to rely on the DR that splinter storm brings.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, C104 said:

thats the stupid thing I am tankyier than Inaros

While I think gara is am awesome frame you are delusional if you think she is tanker than inaros.

Tank build inaros is nearly impossible to down in regular play with an adaptation and umbra build. Slap some arcane graces on there and you have incredible health regen potential. Pair him with a pet that regen health and you further the op. Gara tanking potential is behind inaros. 

• Like 1

People who really do high level endurence run generally run with a private squad or solo, so you rarely see them in public group and even recruit chat.
Since Gara is not really fun to play and only viable on long endurence run before of her infinite scaling, people who play her are these private squad or solo players you don't see.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

6 billion damage... impressive. Now how much time did you waste before reaching any resemblance of a worthwhile number to begin with? I mean even at a few million damage her noodle storm hits for nothing vs armored enemies, plus the crap skill requires a build up involving your #4. I gave up on Gara when built up a 500k + 500k from sentinel Splinter Storm in Sim and trying the damage on a passive misxed group of Corrupted Bombards and HG. It wasnt very interesting to see that 1 million total damage tick for 100 something twice per second.

Why would I go through any of that (besides being blinded by a pretty and useless number) when I can just crash in there as Frosty the Snowman and popcicle the whole bunch and just chop or shoot them into ice cubes afterwards? In that case you dont even need to rely on the DR that splinter storm brings.

100 damage from a 500k storm? These numbers don't seem to jive even with damage reduction from armor.

We're you going against exodus units? From my experience exodus tend to screw with damage from splinter storm. 

Edited by Leqesai

Probably cause of more management needed. 

Anything that needs me to perform 4 steps in fixed sequence repeatedly is something I would prefer to avoid even if it is strong. 

Not to mention the possibility of losing all of that damage due to multiple reasons instantly.

I don't play card games much, but I imagine that would be kinda how you set something in those. 

She's looked down on because the meta has completely reversed in the last 6 years, but a good Trinity is effectively immortal. 75% of the damage she takes goes straight back to the enemies, she can instantly heal herself in about half a second while applying further damage resistance, and she has unlimited energy at all times -- as do the three nukes on her team, who no longer need to waste time refreshing their Energizing Dash

SHHHH!!!!

Why the heck are you telling everyone?!

I've been a gara lover for a long time and always enjoyed the underdog role i could assume, until all hell was needed. Dont tell everyone else how awesome she is... lets keep her to ourselves.