Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn's Blue Prints Not Dropping (Broken?)


DubStomp
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello, I'm just a friendly Warframe community member and I have heard threw the grape vine that one of the Warframe's home to be gained was bugged. (Saryn Component blueprints drop from Kela De Thaym (Merrow, Sedna). So I grabbed my magnifier attitude glass an check it out, by using the old fashion farming tech tool.

 

I did some personal tests by consistently running the mission over an over tell a pink pretty ball drops. Well little did I know that those pretty little pink ball's seem to not exist on that mission to kill Kela De Thaym tell after a long awaited whopping one-hundered an five mission runs to finally at last, seeing a system blue print. Yet knowing I would still need two more blue prints to seal the deal to finalize this test.

 

Question everyone in chat an friend-vine are on edge to get an answer weather this drop rate is subject to change or not who knows. Yet to all you awesome Saryn fans out there Good Luck, ha ha because at the rate that I am going your going to need it. (PS. my test is still going so question is, am i really up for one hundered an five more runs of killing that poor women. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ha well I am still testing an no second Blue print yet, but I can say I have gained one great thing out of it, I have seemed to find my self in a pool of people with the same problem farming along side of me. Meeting new people +1, method of such -115 now. haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, but, I mean, ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE RUNS?

With a 11% drop rate, you have 0.0005% chance of dropping absolutely nothing on a 105 runs streak.

Either this guy is incredibly, incredibly unlucky (I'm speaking "being struck by lightning twice" unlucky), or you have a ONE IN TEN chance of dropping ANY BLUEPRINT from Ms.De Thaym. One. In. Ten. Well, one point one in ten to be precise, but that's an upper limit.

 

Assuming a 11% blueprint drop rate and an equal drop rate for all three parts, you have a 0.005% chance of dropping all three of them in three runs.

 

Both events are extremely unlikely. Of course it tells us barely anything on the actual drop rate, asides from "lower than eleven percent is extremely likely".

 

And less than 11% chance to drop a blueprint from a boss, when you need three different blueprints, is so low that "broken" is an acceptable euphemism.

Edited by Kaian-a-coel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ran her a week or two ago, 1-5 runs a day (Depending on mood) for a week to week and a half to get my Saryn. This was practically right after U10 popped, as I brought my soma and kama along for 90% of the runs as an Acrid/Rhino rusher.

 

RNG is RNG, and unlikely things DO happen with surprising frequency when you have so many people rolling the dice so often. These threads will naturally gather much more of the people with the same experience, and offer very little motivation to most of the population that doesn't have the same experience. You're going to get a self-reinforcing perspective here for the most part, not a statistically representative one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, but, I mean, ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE RUNS?

With a 11% drop rate, you have 0.0005% chance of dropping absolutely nothing on a 105 runs streak.

Either this guy is incredibly, incredibly unlucky (I'm speaking "being struck by lightning twice" unlucky), or you have a ONE IN TEN chance of dropping ANY BLUEPRINT from Ms.De Thaym. One. In. Ten. Well, one point one in ten to be precise, but that's an upper limit.

 

Assuming a 11% blueprint drop rate and an equal drop rate for all three parts, you have a 0.005% chance of dropping all three of them in three runs.

 

Both events are extremely unlikely. Of course it tells us barely anything on the actual drop rate, asides from "lower than eleven percent is extremely likely".

 

With the probabilities calculated, you have 28% chance to be able to craft Saryn after FIFTY RUNS at Kela. 28%. You are more likely to drop a forma from a T3 void mission.

 

That's the problem with RNG and percents. An 11% chance for a BP still means an 89% chance for no BP. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of course all of these calculations means peanuts for they lack statistic basis. It heavily depends on how many people farmed saryn, and I don't have that number.

Had I that number that I could estimate the probability of such an event (not dropping anything in 105 runs), and deduce from that the probability of actually dropping something

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay people test report.

 

After one-hundred an thirty two runs  only seventeen runs after the previous blue print. (pretty pink ball of doom) Sadly of course after one of my new found online farming buddies said to heck with it, the awaited helmet blue-print dropped. This may seem as quite the grind and could go on one of your "you know what really grinds my gears" list of quotes, this Warframe can really seem to be one of the sort.

 

 

If those payed mind to Kaian-a-coel's comment there you can see its just a matter of luck or RNG. To any of the Saryn fans out there, take this topic as a reminder that in the grinding/farming world your not alone. This simple test proves the worst case scenario, if the going gets tough, take a brake drink a shake an breath because it is possible. Due to the fact it is RNG, might consider waiting it out an not rushing the possess an doing runs with measure an moderation.

 

I for now am going to stop this test because my fingers are tired an have started to get hallucinations of pink blue- print balls falling down my screen.

 

As always good luck an have fun.

Edited by DubStomp
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, but, I mean, ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE RUNS?

With a 11% drop rate, you have 0.0005% chance of dropping absolutely nothing on a 105 runs streak.

Either this guy is incredibly, incredibly unlucky (I'm speaking "being struck by lightning twice" unlucky), or you have a ONE IN TEN chance of dropping ANY BLUEPRINT from Ms.De Thaym. One. In. Ten. Well, one point one in ten to be precise, but that's an upper limit.

 

Assuming a 11% blueprint drop rate and an equal drop rate for all three parts, you have a 0.005% chance of dropping all three of them in three runs.

 

Both events are extremely unlikely. Of course it tells us barely anything on the actual drop rate, asides from "lower than eleven percent is extremely likely".

 

And less than 11% chance to drop a blueprint from a boss, when you need three different blueprints, is so low that "broken" is an acceptable euphemism.

No, you are incorrect. You have an 11% chance each and every time. it does not matter if you run it 1 time or 1,000,000 times. Each chance is 11%.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, 11% chance for each bp, = 33% chance.

That means a whooping 67% chance for no bp.

correct but that would mean you should get 3 drops if you run it 10 times, not zero

again, no other boss has this consistent problem of dropping no blueprints, its unique to this boss, hence bugged

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've maybe tried 30 Nova runs and I am still stuck on the Systems part, a few helmets and chassis, never systems.

 

Just ran through all the bosses I could to see if there is a commonality, can't find one though.

 

Me and the team I'm with notice that a BluePrint sphere spawns in the world - where the boss was killed - but the BP sphere dissappeared and can not be collected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've maybe tried 30 Nova runs and I am still stuck on the Systems part, a few helmets and chassis, never systems.

 

Just ran through all the bosses I could to see if there is a commonality, can't find one though.

 

Me and the team I'm with notice that a BluePrint sphere spawns in the world - where the boss was killed - but the BP sphere dissappeared and can not be collected.

I've seen this too, there are too many weapons and effects that knock away dropped items, items should stick to the floor like glue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...