Jump to content
(PS4)Claudija

Stalker Immunities

Recommended Posts

I honestly despise him, regardless of loadout; normal Stalker always kills me. He never shows up if I use a Frame at 30 so it makes killing me easy for him. Would it kill you guys to let me hang him with Strangledome while Venari Mauls the annoyance to death really? As it is he laughs off any Warframe ability. Some get him stuck in the environment; be flipping nice as at least then I'd be able to, I dunno Kill the pest?!?! Really sick of him showing up and just owning me no matter what I have or try to use; and only if not on my max loadouts as he's too cowardly to take me on when I can at least give him a fight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (PS4)Ragology said:

You'll have less trouble with stalker once you get better at the game.

and that does not help in the slightest. By that time it will be his supposedly easier Shadow form as I'm up to Natah now. What about those behind me mm? Vets can't face him as they did War Within and those still working through it haven't all your mods to take him out; really what did you miss at the start?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strangledome? You people have it so easy. Why, in my day, we had to face the Stalker with a rusty Lato and a Skana with a half-levelled fire damage mod. Uphill. In the snow. Both ways. AND WE LIKED IT.

Now get off my lawn, you damn whippersnapper.

  • Like 1
  • Applause 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DoomFruit said:

Strangledome? You people have it so easy. Why, in my day, we had to face the Stalker with a rusty Lato and a Skana with a half-levelled fire damage mod. Uphill. In the snow. Both ways. AND WE LIKED IT.

Now get off my lawn, you damn whippersnapper.

😆 you cracked me up heh heh thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using any ability on the Stalker is useless. You have better chances by using weapons against him... But unlike his Shadow upgrade, his initial form is actually more dangerous as he has ranged weaponry. Your best bet is to take it up close and personal because, unlike his Shadow upgrade, he can easily be killed (especially now because he was basically nerfed to the ground on both his movement and his ability use).

It would be pretty troublesome for you if it was back when Warframe was still PC only, as he would simply spam teleport you to his face and melee you until there was no map left... But those were the conditions that I had back then to kill him, or I would have to backflip Dread arrows with a reaction window of less than a single ms... Or dodge Despair projectiles at close range while trying to desperately not get hit with grappling hooks from Ancients, or Scorpions... But no, the Stalker is so easy right now that not even his initial form presents any kind of danger.

I think that you'll be fine with precision weapons, but having a shotgun like a Tigris (think of this as the only shotgun with decent effectiveness) could help at short to mid ranges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Using any ability on the Stalker is useless. You have better chances by using weapons against him... But unlike his Shadow upgrade, his initial form is actually more dangerous as he has ranged weaponry. Your best bet is to take it up close and personal because, unlike his Shadow upgrade, he can easily be killed (especially now because he was basically nerfed to the ground on both his movement and his ability use).

It would be pretty troublesome for you if it was back when Warframe was still PC only, as he would simply spam teleport you to his face and melee you until there was no map left... But those were the conditions that I had back then to kill him, or I would have to backflip Dread arrows with a reaction window of less than a single ms... Or dodge Despair projectiles at close range while trying to desperately not get hit with grappling hooks from Ancients, or Scorpions... But no, the Stalker is so easy right now that not even his initial form presents any kind of danger.

I think that you'll be fine with precision weapons, but having a shotgun like a Tigris (think of this as the only shotgun with decent effectiveness) could help at short to mid ranges.

I just can't get a break with him; melee he kills me in three hits of Dread where I slash him with my Oneiros polearm and it seems to do nothing despite being level 20+ with Viral elemental damage in the 200-300 area. Its just frustrating

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that's... the wrong weapon. And you can't spam the melee button on his face either. He's one of the few enemies where its necessary to fight properly at Melee.

 

... but then again, I managed to farm his entire equipment with an unmodded Skana...

For those that think I did that recently, I did it back on U7.

Edited by Uhkretor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 минут назад, DoomFruit сказал:

Strangledome? You people have it so easy. Why, in my day, we had to face the Stalker with a rusty Lato and a Skana with a half-levelled fire damage mod. Uphill. In the snow. Both ways. AND WE LIKED IT.

Now get off my lawn, you damn whippersnapper.

But the Stalker got a buff and became stronger. Try it again now, using only rusty Lato and a Skana with a half-levelled fire damage mod. You will find it very interesting. I can advise you to use build on Trinity without mods. And when you realize that it will be a very long fight, just turn on your operator and kill him for a couple of seconds, and then think that the new players do not have a normal operator. xD

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, zhellon said:

But the Stalker got a buff and became stronger. Try it again now, using only rusty Lato and a Skana with a half-levelled fire damage mod. You will find it very interesting. I can advise you to use build on Trinity without mods. And when you realize that it will be a very long fight, just turn on your operator and kill him for a couple of seconds, and then think that the new players do not have a normal operator. xD

Well, there is a build I’ve been doing with Inaros, Silva and Aegis, Javlok + Amalgam mod, and Unairu Focus tree.

Basically a build that has Rage on Inaros(or any frame) and channeling build for the Shield Melee. The combination allows you to basically just walk through enemies as they kill themselves in an attempt to hurt you. I walked right through level 35-40 grineer and killed 150 without lifting a finger. 
 

Never used it against stalker yet. Though it has been a long time since I fought the actual stalker. Always been shadow stalker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

I honestly despise him, regardless of loadout; normal Stalker always kills me. He never shows up if I use a Frame at 30 so it makes killing me easy for him. Would it kill you guys to let me hang him with Strangledome while Venari Mauls the annoyance to death really? As it is he laughs off any Warframe ability. Some get him stuck in the environment; be flipping nice as at least then I'd be able to, I dunno Kill the pest?!?! Really sick of him showing up and just owning me no matter what I have or try to use; and only if not on my max loadouts as he's too cowardly to take me on when I can at least give him a fight

Well umbra makes him look like a joke. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Well umbra makes him look like a joke. Lol

if only I had Umbra at my side... but still trying to reach Uranus and Neptune xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@(PS4)chris1pat8twins, Now the problem is that the Stalker has an adaptation. Also, in addition to disabling abilities, he can reflect damage like a Wukong. For a beginner, this is not a good opponent. And this is definitely not the Stalker he was years ago. Hes is very long and difficult to kill with conventional weapons without a good build. But the operator makes everything easier.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, zhellon said:

@(PS4)chris1pat8twins, Now the problem is that the Stalker has an adaptation. Also, in addition to disabling abilities, he can reflect damage like a Wukong. For a beginner, this is not a good opponent. And this is definitely not the Stalker he was years ago. Hes is very long and difficult to kill with conventional weapons without a good build. But the operator makes everything easier.

will I be able to use my Operator before he becomes Shadow Stalker though? I really want to see him fail to kill me just one time before then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zhellon said:

@(PS4)chris1pat8twins, Now the problem is that the Stalker has an adaptation. Also, in addition to disabling abilities, he can reflect damage like a Wukong. For a beginner, this is not a good opponent. And this is definitely not the Stalker he was years ago. Hes is very long and difficult to kill with conventional weapons without a good build. But the operator makes everything easier.

The first time I fought the stalker I was using Atlas and I went all “For Asgard” Landslide punched him in the face. Lol. I beat him with Ash Prime before his change. And yeah I beat him with my Tenno a lot. 
 

But main thing about my accomplishments was that I had no mods. Zero, nada. I took me fighting Kela Da Thayme practically naked with Excalibur before I learned how the mod system works. Which still to this day surprises people who get to know me. And I fought Stalker with Excalibur. Never went down until I got Loki. One time I switched teleported a teammate and the stalker killed them instead of me. Didn’t know I could switch with a teammate so it was kind of accidental. But the reason I survived for a long time was cause I’m good at parkour and dodging.
 

Now that I have nearly every mod in the game and every frame, the game is boring to me. Even the stalker. Would be cool if DE took some notes from For Honor when they finally release the Melee 3.0 where we can parry even the stalker’s attacks and turn it into an interesting fight. Only thing close is being an Inaros due to his large health and bringing the Paracesis. When I used wukong I did manage to parry S stalker’s attacks a little bit before whacking him in the face with my staff. 
 

This whole adapt to everything but void or super duper tanky and just over all shoot and run tactic makes the game boring to me. Kind of makes me imagine if stalker officially came back but with the remaining broken war.  And umbra basically slaughters him. Chopping of 1-2 limbs and such before leaving him for dead. Tenno thinking it is all over but then as the stalker crawls on the floor the infested get a hold of him and offers to help him get revenge. A sort of enemy of my enemy kind of thing. Before we know it we are being hunted by an infested stalker who can now speak more clearly but creepier and wields a Mutalist War. Leaving the Tenno and Ordis in complete shock. Maybe give the New stalker his own arch wing to where he even hunts you in arch wing missions. 
 

Either way, to me the Stalker is very boring now. And I don’t want to run around with weak gear just to make a boring fight take longer. But I am willing to test out this Javlok + Amalgam + Silva and Aegis set against him. See how that works. 

Edited by (PS4)chris1pat8twins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, (PS4)Claudija said:

will I be able to use my Operator before he becomes Shadow Stalker though? I really want to see him fail to kill me just one time before then

you get ur oporator to fight shadow stalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

This whole adapt to everything but void or super duper tanky and just over all shoot and run tactic makes the game boring to me. Kind of makes me imagine if stalker officially came back but with the remaining broken war.  And umbra basically slaughters him. Chopping of 1-2 limbs and such before leaving him for dead. Tenno thinking it is all over but then as the stalker crawls on the floor the infested get a hold of him and offers to help him get revenge

God, I hope not. I get INCREDIBLY pissed off when I watch something where one character supposedly kills another and then just casually saunters off without even pretending to check the body. If you're in a massive hurry with a whole army closing in on you, fine. But not when you're on your own or surrounded by allies and have the enemy at your mercy.

ALWAYS. CHECK. THE. BODY.

It's not over until Desecrate pops and the corpse vanishes into a puff of Nekros energy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...