Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The only one that actually liked the instant melee switching?

(PSN)drollive96

It just felt much better to me to be able to instantly switch from gun to blade at the press of a button, it just felt more fluid and gave me an actual reason to use the stances, before, I used quick melee 100% of the time, because i HATED being locked in melee mode unable to fire my gun, if i wanted to go back to firing my gun  i would have to press another button,(It doesn't seem like much but in a fast paced game subtle things Can matter) it felt like an extra unnecessary step to hold down a button to wait for a 1 second animation just to use a stance that doesn't give you ANY major benefit (Technically there's a third step if you want to fire your gun again ) . We should be able to toggle the instant switching in the options menu and choose how we want to use our  melee. Idc if i'm the only  who likes melee 2.99999. i like it the way it is now and i dont want to be forced to go back to the way it was

Just now, Aldain said:

The instant switching is going to remain, however now by holding the Swap button you can "lock" yourself into melee for manual blocking.

Just don't hold the swap button and you'll still have the same combat style.

Oh so the fire button will still instantly switch back to your gun?

1 minute ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

Yep, they are introducing the locked mode for people who want dedicated blocking and pure melee action.

The fluid nature for those who wish to use both interchangeably still remains but now with the option to focus on melee as well.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

Yes, the way melee works now will remain the same, the holding to swap function is specifically for a melee only mode where you can use blocks and the like without returning to gunplay and that has to be toggled back off to go back to gun and sword we have presently. 

Edited by Cubewano

Using a RMB combo feels awful especially when you want to channel at the same time since holding RMB brings up your weapon and kicks you out of melee mode. Aim gliding was also a pain, if you wanted to aim glide through a tileset without weapon zoom goodluck. I hate the quick melee system.

sure changing the insta blocks cool and all but why dont they wanna give us quick melee back I dont really understand why quick melee is so 'bad' on their perspective that they removed it completly except few melee weapons which prob will be '' FIXED '' with the full release of the 3.0

22 minutes ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

Snip

I was about to post on the main feedback thread to ask why we couldn't have both. There are situations where I would like to use one or the other, and after the last rework, I the new style quickly became second nature (after years of doing it manually).

19 minutes ago, Aldain said:

The instant switching is going to remain, however now by holding the Swap button you can "lock" yourself into melee for manual blocking.

Just don't hold the swap button and you'll still have the same combat style.

Hey, thanks. I didn't understand this when I read it, Bear's post could have been much clearer (that both options would remain). That and the removal of auto-blocking were my main gripes.

1 hour ago, (PS4)drollive96 said:

It just felt much better to me to be able to instantly switch from gun to blade at the press of a button, it just felt more fluid and gave me an actual reason to use the stances, before, I used quick melee 100% of the time, because i HATED being locked in melee mode unable to fire my gun, if i wanted to go back to firing my gun  i would have to press another button,(It doesn't seem like much but in a fast paced game subtle things Can matter) it felt like an extra unnecessary step to hold down a button to wait for a 1 second animation just to use a stance that doesn't give you ANY major benefit (Technically there's a third step if you want to fire your gun again ) . We should be able to toggle the instant switching in the options menu and choose how we want to use our  melee. Idc if i'm the only  who likes melee 2.99999. i like it the way it is now and i dont want to be forced to go back to the way it was

Nah, I loved the melee changes, but ironically the quick melee change made me appreciate melee even more so I can see why people were mad at not having melee only. 

It’s still not my style, but I’m glad that both systems are working in parallel.

looking forward to the new changes as well. I’m totally on board for everything I’m here.

It was just one step forward, two steps back for some of us. The instant switching is nice, but the only real benefit if you were already into melee was how well it synergized with CO. The thing is, CO was already strong enough with just using quick melee. So in a sense, many of us always had instant switching. The new changes just meant we couldn't block when we wanted, sometimes we would block when we didn't want, and it was really hard to just play melee only when you had other weapons equipped.

Basically it was a bit worse than it was before the changes for some players. I think the new update will be a good compromise for both types of players. I can't wait!

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE

Basically it's the old system but instead of quick melee attack the weapon does only combo moves.1 year doing 360 turns just to end up removing quick melee and channeling.At this point i don't even care what they're doing, the guy on the wheel these 2 last years needs replacing cause he/she doesn't know what to do anymore. 

I didn't like the phase 1 changes for a ton of reasons but chief among them was the loss of manual blocking, the addition of auto blocking and not being allowed, at least the option of toggling this style of play.

Now they have added a manual blocking option that doesn't sound fluid at all and I have heard nothing regarding the auto blocking setup being amended given how intrusive it can be.

It would have been simpler to just add a toggle to begin with and that remains the best route for most players preferences imo...It's also the route DE refuses to consider.

2 hours ago, (XB1)TyeGoo said:

Unpopular opinion: I actually enjoyed auto blocking, was literally free DR which was especially nice in high lvl missions.

But oh well

Unpopular opinion: I actually don't enjoy auto blocking.

But oh well

Snark aside, I see where you are coming from but for me, I much prefer player control over auto-pilot. If I wanted to play a game with auto-pilot I'd play mobile games.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Aldain said:

Yep, they are introducing the locked mode for people who want dedicated blocking and pure melee action.

The fluid nature for those who wish to use both interchangeably still remains but now with the option to focus on melee as well.

As always, any time DE goes with “choice”, the Warframe brand gets stronger.

4 hours ago, Zebiko said:

What's the point of this thread? They stated that both are in the game. Quick press to quick switch and long press to lock into melee 

Most people are either too cool, too busy, or too impatient to actually read.

Look at all the "hurr durr what's gonna happen to my...." threads.