Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Infested Ancients Need To Have Their Own Sound And Noises.

GeneralCow

So, this is a rage complain, but I have my reasons. The Infested ancients have been getting annoying and more annoying every time I play on a survival map because EVERY TIME one of these ancients spawn right behind me and backstab me, tossing me away to floor and leaving me to the hounds to feast on me and kill me before I can even get up IF I dont get insta killed by the ancients or if I dont become a living ping-pong ball. In other games I'm used to get a warning of where a very dangerous enemy could be while its aproaching, but not in Warframe (at least for now) while playing against Ancients who can one hit kill you while I'm trying to run away like hell in survival missions after the oxigen run out at the last 10 seconds while I'm 5 feet away from extraction because a damnet ancient disruptor who just spanwed inside the siderooms of the extraction point (Where most of containers and lockers are in the Grineer Galleon). I beg you sound team, please implement special sound effects for the ancients so I wont be caught off guard because I stopped to watch my back for a single second, plus, even if sentinels can help me A LOT with that, they are NOT PERFECT and I'm OK with the sentinels not being perfect, after all they are our companions, not our personel slaves machines of death, but still I feel its unfair that I have to rely only on a cone of 180 degrees to find every ancient or be forced to use a enemy radar and waste precious energy points of the mods. Well I think thats about it, I hope that what I just wrote isn´t plain nonsense and english isn´t my main language, so errors might be here and there and I apologise for any major mistakes.

Please do correct me if I said anything wrong

And as side note on survival but not related to sound: Why the hek if I get killed while the oxigen runs out will result in mission fail? I just lost a enormous amount of plastids and half a hour of farming of other materials just because an ancient managed to hit me while not even looking at me and I still had revives left.

Edited by GeneralCow

It shouldnt happen that enemies spawn direcly around you, survival isnt designed that way. They always spawn in the next / last room. You just gotta be aware of your surroundings. Or do you want the lotus to spam for every ancient "FROG INCOMING"?

Well, see for youself in the Grineer Galleons. In the extraction room they spawn in every (if not, most) possible corner(s) you dont have line of sight.

Edit: I don´t want Lotus spamming, I want a different noise, moan, groan for the Ancients so I'll known where they are before they get behind me, they don´t make almost any noise at all.

Edited by GeneralCow

Get a team. That's how professionals do in real life.

Or get a Rhino. or load Constitution (faster recovery) or another mod that helps with not being tossed around.

While I understand that the anchients are a pita, asking for them to emit a very distinctive noise just to warn players is a bit too friggin easy. Consider that Infested lack ranged weapons (except the electric crawler anyway).

That said, I wouldn't mind if they suddenly started mumbling and talking ala Golem. Just not screaming I'M HERE BEHIND YOU MOTHAFUCKA!!! as that would be lame.

Get a team. That's how professionals do in real life.

Or get a Rhino. or load Constitution (faster recovery) or another mod that helps with not being tossed around.

While I understand that the anchients are a pita, asking for them to emit a very distinctive noise just to warn players is a bit too friggin easy. Consider that Infested lack ranged weapons (except the electric crawler anyway).

That said, I wouldn't mind if they suddenly started mumbling and talking ala Golem. Just not screaming I'M HERE BEHIND YOU MOTHAFUCKA!!! as that would be lame.

I agree with you, but sometimes I have to solo these missions because no one is able to help me and I have to some things by myself If I want to actually be efficient, I can´t ALWAYS rely on a squad composed of trustable squadmates, also I agree with you that the infested ancients should not have that kind of sound "I'm here behind you", I just want a different sound so I'll known he is somewhere, or that he is charging or anything so I can have some extra reaction time.

It's the same issue as all the female grineer having the same voice be they a heavy or scorpion (correct me if that's changed I haven't played grineer lately), or all the different moa's making the same noise. In a fast paced shooter you tend to rely on your ears to help cover areas you can't see and warn of more threatening mobs. Leapers make different noises than chargers, Ancients should have a distinct sound too.

You want to look at an old game that did this well? Look at Doom and Doom 2. Nearly every enemy type has a unique sound, and it's not always a hey look at me sound either, some of them are more subtle, like the imps gurgle.