(PS4)ATreidezz

Channeling gone, what'll happen to prime accessories channeling FX?

One of the reason many players bought prime accessories, Targis prime, Edo prime, Atavist prime, Citadella prime, Acanthus prime, Spritsail prime, is none other than the FX on these accessories. 

This hasn't been addressed in the last devstream. Do DE know about this? Will they make it so the channeling FX is permanent? Will they rid of it altogether?  Im quite..... 

Pics-Art-10-20-01-39-25.jpg

About this... 

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz
  • Upvote 2

.........those accessories have channeling effects?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

I'd assume they'll be relevant for the "rage mode" feature since it seems like it's basically the channeling rework.

Though I did notice something in this:

MP2-ProGamerMove.gif.b442a20fed732aa12cd

Excalibur begins glowing in with his energy color after a couple swings, maybe the old channeling effects will just trigger after initiating a combo or be tied to the new combo count. Which personally I think would be a far better way to show off the effects than with a feature that was only useful for seeing said effects.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Yea, they totally haven't thought about channeling, by making an update involving channeling.....

Even if they somehow forgot your shiny effect, they'd hotfix it in with the new system.

I honestly doubt that most of the people buying the prime armor bits even know about the channeling effects. Also isnt Edo prime's effect on sliding instead of channeling?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

I honestly doubt that most of the people buying the prime armor bits even know about the channeling effects. Also isnt Edo prime's effect on sliding instead of channeling?

Doesn't mean their function shouldn't be addressed.

15 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Also isnt Edo prime's effect on sliding instead of channeling?

What sort of blasphemy is this?

Edo Prime causes lightning to spark off your armour pieces when channeling, and is one of the main reasons I bought and still use it.

• Like 2

Hmm , i am curious too ,

maybe it lingers after using a heavy attack now?

Or it will be visible during rage mode?

As somebody said, it may well activate mid-combo (which would look pretty badass), and it may also trigger during heavy attacks themselves. Would be a fun bit of extra visual indication.

16 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Ppl use channeling

for the fx when meleeing that's why the removal of manual blocking is such a big deal.

3 hours ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

I'll make a compilation video later to showcase each channeling FX on these prime accessories. 

Cool

28 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Ppl use channeling?

Why not?, you deal more damage and with inaros you have spare energy to be used for.

To be fair, mainly Targis, Edo, Atavist and Spritsail got real channeling VFX.

Acanthus has the spikes (I still wish they'd have done something with Nekros' soul effect) and the rest have only the usual tint highlight, without special VFX.

8 minutes ago, ranks21 said:

for the fx when meleeing that's why the removal of manual blocking is such a big deal.

I use channeling a lot.  I’m withholding judgement on it’s removal, but let’s not act like channeling was JUST about SFX (which I love btw).

It was the quintessential WARFRAME TRIPLE THREAT:  

1.  Looks good doing it.

2.  Feels good doing it.

3.  Gives loot doing it.

Just now, bibmobello said:

Why not?, you deal more damage and with inaros you have spare energy to be used for.

I personally always used frames that can heal them selfes or just used the  operator.

And I never seen anyone use this function. 

3 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

I personally always used frames that can heal them selfes or just used the  operator.

And I never seen anyone use this function. 

But you can just press five and use arcane repair +  1 arcane grace and you will never have any problem to health yourself till level 200 (but some demolist dealing huge damage). The health abilities are only redundant and totally useless for inaros.

Edited by bibmobello

5 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

5 hours ago, Valiant said:

Doesn't mean their function shouldn't be addressed.

Like @Valiant said, and for the most obvious reason:

People spent money to buy these, its in the territory of Exclusive items

So if you bought something with a certain feature, then suddenly that feature gets removed, then its unfair. 

Edited by (PS4)ATreidezz

well i can see 1 of 2 things may happen 

1. For accessories like edo prime their channeling state my become their default state of being 
  2. when tenno rage comes out that is where it may be using the channeling FX again 

3 hours ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

Like @Valiant said, and for the most obvious reason:

People spent money to buy these, its in the territory of Exclusive items

So if you bought something with a certain feature, then suddenly that feature gets removed, then its unfair. 

It will not be removed, they will change some mechanics, it will start to blink when you will use an heavy attack, it's not such a big deal.

22 hours ago, (PS4)ATreidezz said:

I'll make a compilation video later to showcase each channeling FX on these prime accessories. 

Here you go 

Lemme know if anything is missing.