k05h

Profit Taker 4 - Public bleedout party

A week ago picked up the habit of playing 2-3 round Profit Taker 4 every day for some credit farming and getting missing arch weapon 60/60 mods. So far around 20 missions.

One thing that really bugs me is how unprepared almost all players in pub are. People are already in bleedout when I load into the mission and they tend to go down constantly. They do not understand the phases, they do not understand how to build weapons and most of them do not have an arch-gun with them.

So, I have to play solo in pub matches to get the job done. But currently there is not other way. My clan is deserted and rarely anyone wants to join via recruiting chat.

I feel a bit ashamed about being annoyed of my fellow tenno. But I feel also annoyed that this fight is still such a mess in terms of Corpus knockdown ads spawning on top of the actual orb mother. 

Profit taker is above average difficulty for Warframe.  Most of Warframe you can do just about anything with any loadout and do fine, profit taker you do have to be a bit more prepared.  It's not necessarily their fault for thinking this mission is just as easy as the others.

If you do go in prepared soloing a profit taker is pretty easy.  So it's just a matter of do you want to go solo it or help some newer people get through it. 

Also I do pub prophet takers all the time on PC it's usually a mix of people that are unprepared and people who can solo it without an issue.  I'd say probably about 60% are unprepared/underprepared and 40% can solo it easily in pub matches on PC.

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

Well it's like the hardest content we have in WF, along with Tridolons. Of course newbies and casuals are dying like flies around it in public squads. Everyone don't have all that meta gear yet, and everyone don't like to spoil the whole thing on youtube before jumping in. Not sure why you would expect that.

Remember when difficulty was a motivator to learn and get better?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SirTobe said:

Well it's like the hardest content we have in WF, along with Tridolons. Of course newbies and casuals are dying like flies around it in public squads. Everyone don't have all that meta gear yet, and everyone don't like to spoil the whole thing on youtube before jumping in. Not sure why you would expect that.

Remember when difficulty was a motivator to learn and get better?

The only motivator for people here is to get a teddy bear, or a ball to decorate their own ship.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

nobody cares about profit taker...its a true knockdown simulator...very annoying thing. Everybody avoid this...its just for nw crap requirements/and kitguns/exergis/ocucor/amps/barruk weapons from fortuna. Nobody wants to dominate this profit taker...because its uselles and very annoying stuff. Everyone there go forced because nw. Its the worst mechanic in the game. I was thinking was eidolon...but profit taker wins all prizes how to annoying peoples.

Edited by Luciole77
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

nobody cares about profit taker...its a true knockdown simulator...very annoying thing. Everybody avoid this...its just for nw crap requirements/and kitguns/exergis/ocucor/amps/barruk weapons from fortuna. Nobody wants to dominate this profit taker...because its uselles and very annoying stuff. Everyone there go forced because nw. Its the worst mechanic in the game. I was thinking was eidolon...but profit taker wins all prizes how to annoying peoples.

The BIG problem with bosses in WF is that  the only difficultis are to have a decent(meta) gear, understand the contorted mechanics by reading the wiki, wait(smoking a cigarette in the meantime) the invincible phase and press 5 when the boss deals the same huge Aoe attack.

I don't know,  maybe the good old school bosses where you have to find a cover, shoot the weak point, use your superpower to deal more damage are better...

Edited by bibmobello
  • Upvote 1

That's just how it goes, man. I did my research and found out I needed a better amp for the teralyst. Well, how do I get a better amp? Sentient Cores....ok how do I get those? Well whaddya know.....

Oh, but it looks like I can just go out and kill these Vomvalysts for some cores, sweet, I wont have to bother any 1337 vets and be in the way. I went out at night solo and killed a few Vommies. Oh sweet, like 10 cores....I'll just do this for 7 years, then I'll have enough standing with the quills!

Oh, what's this Certus thingy everyone says I have to have? Hhmmmm, Vox says I need Toroids, sweet got myself in a toroid farm party and got a buncha toroids. Oh what's that? I cant reach the next rank without gyromags huh? Let's head on over to wiki again....well whaddya know....

Yea, get over it Mr. Vet man. You have to get killed by a boss to learn how to not get killed by a boss. Pretty sure you've died a preventable death sometime in your gaming career.

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

The BIG problem with bosses in WF is that  the only difficultis are to have a decent gear, understand the contorted mechanics by reading the wiki, wait(smoking a cigarette in the meantime) the invincible phase and press 5 when the boss deals the same huge Aoe attack.

A lot of players like me(MR27) very well geared/maxed its not a excuse to dominate profit taker...nobody wants go there again. Its annoying and boring and unrewarding. Just this.

There is no incentive to us to dominate/understand that crap. Warframe mechanics always is weak point fo warframe...we need to figure out how to kill....but when we kill nobody wants back again.

You like trash food? want to pay again? i dont...

Edited by Luciole77

9 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

players like me(MR27) very well geared/maxed its not a excuse to dominate profit taker...

Don't make me check your profile on how you reach that MR because MR is irrelevant and DE already removed the knockdown fiesta on Profit-Taker so as a very well geared/maxed MR 27 player, shouldn't be a problem to you, right? Or perhaps it's just some empty brags?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 844448 said:

Don't make me check your profile on how you reach that MR because MR is irrelevant and DE already removed the knockdown fiesta on Profit-Taker so as a very well geared/maxed MR 27 player, shouldn't be a problem to you, right? Or perhaps it's just some empty brags?

knockdown fiesta still there....mr dont mean nothing i know. milions of corpus jumping in my face non-stop....

Players want fun and not boring/annoying things. DE needs to re-think the entire game  before release something new.....

The game is losing a lot of players because this poor and artificial mechanics and unrewarding.

Edited by Luciole77
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Luciole77 said:

knockdown fiesta still there....mr dont mean nothing i know. milions of corpus jumping in my face non-stop....

Players want fun and not boring/annoying things. DE needs to re-think the entire game  before release something new.....

The game is losing a lot of players because this poor and artificial mechanics and unrewarding.

Update 24.4

• Reduced the number of enemies that can trigger knockback to players during the Orb Heist Profit Taker fight

They reduced the number of enemies that can knock you down. Maybe try moving a bit more than before? Or you just can't play if enemies can put some threat?

• Like 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

My problem with the Profit-taker is that it just feels a bit like a nonsensical fight.

I get what they were going for with the Variable shielding and the reinforcements, it makes it different from Eidolons and so on, but really to me it is a perfect storm of issues that Warframe has overall.

The fight actually has very few mechanics, outside of the Pylons and Variable shielding the Archguns are basically just tacked on for the sake of making them relevant. The lack of mechanics is covered up by multi-directional damage vomit and knockdowns amid the chaos of reinforcements.

Overall I'd say the issue with the fight isn't that it is hard, but rather that it just doesn't really have any structure to it, it is just a big dumb shoot fest made to look more impressive than it actually is.

I've cleared it a few times on Switch, I haven't solo'd it (mostly because I can't stand the fight even WITH other people) but I am in no rush to go back to it simply because it just isn't fun.

• Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, k05h a dit :

how unprepared almost all players in pub are

Welcome to warframe, a true cooperative game where one player carry 3 others every missions.

I have to play solo in pub matches

So just play solo, really its far better, no ping, no one who randomly changes element and less adds.

terms of Corpus knockdown

Dont let the alert rise, keep moving, handspring or pain threshold and its fine.

il y a 36 minutes, Luciole77 a dit :

A lot of players like me(MR27)

Yeah mr is relevant, wasting hundred hours in hydron levelling craps is really relevant.

il y a 49 minutes, Luciole77 a dit :

nobody cares about profit taker...its a true knockdown simulator...

Best credit farm and vox solaris standing farm, yeah thats useless....

Im mr27 myself, since it looks important to you, i just did a quick profit taker run, 6 min and few knockdowns. That was a pretty bad run, but far from "a knockdown fiesta"... And just so you know im not really playing warframe anymore, probably 10 hours this month. It looks like there are some differences between different mr27...

So yeah, i dont know what to say.. Maybe just git gud instead of spreading non sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2

4 hours ago, k05h said:

One thing that really bugs me is how unprepared almost all players in pub are. People are already in bleedout when I load into the mission and they tend to go down constantly. They do not understand the phases, they do not understand how to build weapons and most of them do not have an arch-gun with them

That's true in any MMO or Coop online, most people are not prepared. You can see that when you do pubs, then you use recruit chat, get people that match your gear requirements and get called an elitist, and get PMed by people that are not geared but say "I know what to do" and other things like it.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

Profit taker is above average difficulty for Warframe.  Most of Warframe you can do just about anything with any loadout and do fine, profit taker you do have to be a bit more prepared.

... Not to mention that its using Tau tech as its basis... So, if those "new" players pretty much have no clue on how to fight Sentients, I don't know how you (OP) can expect them to have more of a namesake presence in the fight. 😛

It's just not a fun fight...Half the time you can't even see what's hitting you and the mob running around is just utter chaos and really un-fun...The eidolons are pretty self explanatory beyond for the really new player not knowing what an operator is...and rave party light show...Still far more satisfying a fight over the first orb mother.

I'm geared to fight her with a Corvas with a GRoll Riven and I know what I'm getting into and killed her plenty of times...but, I don't care what anyone says... it's still a horrible fight mechanically and deserves a re-work...I'm also picking up chatter that it makes players and this is from what I've seen numerous time discussed here, in region chat, and clan alliance chat...all of them not wanting to play it beyond having to farm for whatever it is they are hunting and then being relieved they never have to do it again...That's just a bad design..

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

The main problem with PT4 is that endless spam of knockdown effects.

The hordes of melee-corpus that are dead set on preventing you from using your archgun in peace are an annoyance, but can be avoided. But the knockdown spam is frickin ruining everything.

By my experience, it's either "use Hyldrin and spam her 2" or "go home".

39 minutes ago, MPonder said:

That's true in any MMO or Coop online, most people are not prepared. You can see that when you do pubs, then you use recruit chat, get people that match your gear requirements and get called an elitist, and get PMed by people that are not geared but say "I know what to do" and other things like it.

All other games players kill things....warframe everything is obscure,unfun and annoying. They dont tell you what to do....because this new and vet players are leaving warframe.

Edited by Luciole77

Then here I am in the group that doesn't do the fight because it's too easy.

I honestly don't know why people find the fight so difficult since it's really not that hard to stay away from enemies while avoiding a few gigantic slow moving blue walls.

Il y a 4 heures, (PS4)FriendSharkey a dit :

It's just not a fun fight...Half the time you can't even see what's hitting you and the mob running around is just utter chaos and really un-fun...The eidolons are pretty self explanatory beyond for the really new player not knowing what an operator is...and rave party light show...Still far more satisfying a fight over the first orb mother.

I'm geared to fight her with a Corvas with a GRoll Riven and I know what I'm getting into and killed her plenty of times...but, I don't care what anyone says... it's still a horrible fight mechanically and deserves a re-work...I'm also picking up chatter that it makes players and this is from what I've seen numerous time discussed here, in region chat, and clan alliance chat...all of them not wanting to play it beyond having to farm for whatever it is they are hunting and then being relieved they never have to do it again...That's just a bad design..

PT, even if its bad, is still better than eidolon.

PT is very self explanatory. There is a big marker to say what element to use, they are clearly saying to use an archgun. Adds are pretty useless. The only downside is the lack of marker on pylons. I dont know when they removed them and who thought a blue energy line on a blue sky is a good way to track them. But still, its very straight forward, too much straight forward actually.

Eidolons on another hand are terrible. Shield damage calculation is... I dont know... Why going for particular math for this, why forcing you in very specific amps....

And what about the damage, things that can kill you randomly? Eidolons are all about that, those big lasers from garry, you think there ll be something to indicate them so you can dodge like in any game. Nope, just f you and get blasted. Ill not even talk about harry... But the other attacks, those you can read and actually do something about, are so slow that it make them useless. So yeah overall, 2 extremes, both are terrible. But yeah, you are in void mode most of the time, so it doesnt matter anyways....

What about the lures? You dont even know how much you need, im not even sure they say you need to take one actually. The adds? You ll think the grineers who are there to find some sentients relics, who bring lure that can capture them ll do something when a bunch of tenno ll engage a fight with a massive sentient or just ignore the tenno and engate it without you. It makes sense, right? Nope, enjoy the vombs who are just there to charge your lure and eventually make the eidolon immune...
Last part and my fafourite, there are 22 transitions with not so long animations. Ill give you that. But again who thought It would be a good idea to just make you wait. Which is the point of the whole fight btw. Afk in void mode or afk till the shield is gone.

Eidolons are roughly designed, they are terrible in many ways..

Not even trying to talk about bugs... Actually just a bit, 6x3 rely on many bugs abuses. You can still remove their armor...

And well, about the general complaints. They are complaining about everything above hydron level...

Edited by belanya

17 minutes ago, belanya said:

Actually just a bit, 6x3 rely on many bugs abuses.

like? I know eidolons are full of bugs, but which ones are necessary to do 6x3.

Edited by MPonder

Il y a 3 heures, MPonder a dit :

like? I know eidolons are full of bugs, but which ones are necessary to do 6x3.

You shoot it in the water, the eidolon didnt end its awakening animation and he suddently tp to the land to do his energy spike.Just being able to damage when hes in water is already a bug but their are some bonuses. Its hitbox is completely bugged (i mean more than usual) in water and to destroy a synovia you have to use a hitscan weapon, reason why rubico ll always be better than lanka.

You can tp the lures.

The last cap is a day cap, you can cancel him when hes trying to run away.

Those are considered as normal part of the fight by the community. But its not.

Even worst, people consider its a bug that projectile weapons cant hit in water... Even though DE clairly said the exact opposite...

Edited by belanya

Funny

Y'all over hear crying about being MR27 and upset others are having issues with PT4.....and here I am sitting at MR21 for the past couple years and just tried PT2 out a few times and failed since I paid no mind to the timer. Now THAT is some BS....timer modes.

Took all my fun in killing these enemies with Warframe weapons away because the timer ran out. It was FUN getting hit by the Furax wielding Corpus while lasers fall from the sky to fry my Sentinel (RIP Carrier...long live Djinn).

But OF COURSE....it's the other players fault for not being on the level YOU want them at that makes the fight unworthy of you being in pubs. It's not as though you can help these less knowing by being the savior that comes in, resurrects them, and shows the way to victory. Nope, you gotta be the one that sees the battle and runs away leaving them behind. Good job being a boss and not a leader.

👍

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Not a fan of profit-taker phase 4. I didn't want to be "that guy" so I watched videos, took it to heart... prepped and got served anyway. I think Warframe / DE has been historically bad at Large Boss encounters. There has always been little or no feedback to the player on how to proceed. Nothing has ever felt logical, or god forbid intuitive "like, say a Zelda boss." I think that the whole premise of finding process by flinging sh*t at the wall and seeing what sticks is a horrible way to engage players to a new experience. I tried playing it for Hildryn parts, but based on my first and thus far only experience to date, I've lost all interest.

• Applause 2

Il y a 2 heures, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken a dit :

it's the other players fault for not being on the level YOU

Sorry if by being just good, not amazing or anything, just good, like a 6/10, means im better than 90% of the player base.
Maybe try to improve, and by improve i mean just google decent build, instead of ranting at those "tryharders" or "meta slaves" or whatever non sense.. This game is easy as #*!%, this is not a hardcore game, its very casual...

Edited by belanya
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1