Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

k05h

Profit Taker 4 - Public bleedout party

11 minutes ago, belanya said:

Sorry if by being just good, not amazing or anything, just good, like a 6/10, means im better than 90% of the player base.
Maybe try to improve, and by improve i mean just google decent build, instead of ranting at those "tryharders" or "meta slaves" or whatever non sense.. This game is easy as #*!%, this is not a hardcore game, its very casual...

casual? are you kidding man?

12 hours ago, k05h said:

A week ago picked up the habit of playing 2-3 round Profit Taker 4 every day for some credit farming and getting missing arch weapon 60/60 mods. So far around 20 missions.

One thing that really bugs me is how unprepared almost all players in pub are. People are already in bleedout when I load into the mission and they tend to go down constantly. They do not understand the phases, they do not understand how to build weapons and most of them do not have an arch-gun with them.

So, I have to play solo in pub matches to get the job done. But currently there is not other way. My clan is deserted and rarely anyone wants to join via recruiting chat.

I feel a bit ashamed about being annoyed of my fellow tenno. But I feel also annoyed that this fight is still such a mess in terms of Corpus knockdown ads spawning on top of the actual orb mother. 

Play with friends . Public games are full of .. idk if they are even people or bots not sure anymore 🙂

It is funny that for the longest time PT is out, some people are still stuck with the knockdown and ads problem. You should really be way past that and instead counting how many viable WF/weapon you can use to kill it by now. It is a repeatable, quick, trial and error boss that presents obvious problems for anyone to solve at your own leisure without any drawbacks except for some time and patience...smh.

Isn't it weird that we need to see a Youtube or WIKI guide to beat the PT? Isn't it really unintuitive to you guys? To me it seems like a S#&$ty game design.

4 minutes ago, Nocontents said:

Isn't it weird that we need to see a Youtube or WIKI guide to beat the PT? Isn't it really unintuitive to you guys? To me it seems like a S#&$ty game design.

I doesnt. You just need to have paid attention to the Phase where it kept changing the elemental weakness, Biz didnt shut up about it, asking us to keep hitting the shields and cycle our damage types to actually damage it. It was obvious it would be needed in the final fight.

When characters speak in a boss battle, or in any preparation to it, you f*cking pay attention.

Failure will teach them to improve. 

Not everything is supposed to be easy enough to be rolled through using generic builds. 

12 hours ago, belanya said:

You shoot it in the water, the eidolon didnt end its awakening animation and he suddently tp to the land to do his energy spike.Just being able to damage when hes in water is already a bug but their are some bonuses. Its hitbox is completely bugged (i mean more than usual) in water and to destroy a synovia you have to use a hitscan weapon, reason why rubico ll always be better than lanka.

You can tp the lures.

The last cap is a day cap, you can cancel him when hes trying to run away.

Those are considered as normal part of the fight by the community. But its not.

Even worst, people consider its a bug that projectile weapons cant hit in water... Even though DE clairly said the exact opposite...

Let's not tell DE about it plz then, lol. Eidolon hunt would be so boring without those.

I saw that statement of a DE on the feedback about eidolons on water when someone reported about projectile weapons, but I just say it is a bug anyways.

20 hours ago, SirTobe said:

Well it's like the hardest content we have in WF, along with Tridolons. Of course newbies and casuals are dying like flies around it in public squads. Everyone don't have all that meta gear yet, and everyone don't like to spoil the whole thing on youtube before jumping in. Not sure why you would expect that.

Remember when difficulty was a motivator to learn and get better?

When I introduce someone to profit taker. The main thing that stops people from getting decent damage numbers is the lack of archwing mods. Cause most player do the absolute minimum of that game mode and weren't prepared going into the fight.

I honestly liked tridolons alot more because the main difficulty was something you farmed via Terry instead of something almost completely separated from the content at hand.

I'm not there yet (still unlocking Solaris United), but watched quite a few youtube videos and, more than difficult, the fight looks unnecessarily boring.
My 2 cents would be allowing players to find solutions instead of forcing them into pre-established mechanics

10 hours ago, Nocontents said:

Pay attention to the dialogues, pay attention to that BIG MASSIVE GLOWING ICON on PT's face, scan it a couple times for detailed info about strengths/weaknesses in codex. 

It's almost insulting how clear it is if you just try.

11 hours ago, Nocontents said:

Nope, when I played Dragon Nest, I wasted a whole day reading the guides and watching vods for the dragon nests "raids" of 8 people max. Warframe is just a few minutes.

Plus, some people learned at the start alone without vods/guides, meaning you could do it too. there are a lot of time some form of tips, text or voice dialogs.

20 hours ago, belanya said:

this is not a hardcore game, its very casual...

How do you qualify that statement? Actual combat skill? Knowledge of a incredibly complex / incongruous modding  system? Countless unincorporated micro-systems with no readily available info that the game's content should, but does not provide? People who have to make spreadsheets of damage scaling to get their point across? I think you're making blanket statements of angst about people who are not as committed as you are, when you know all too well the problem lies in DE's hands. 

On 2019-10-20 at 4:54 PM, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

It's just not a fun fight...Half the time you can't even see what's hitting you and the mob running around is just utter chaos and really un-fun...The eidolons are pretty self explanatory beyond for the really new player not knowing what an operator is...and rave party light show...Still far more satisfying a fight over the first orb mother.

I'm geared to fight her with a Corvas with a GRoll Riven and I know what I'm getting into and killed her plenty of times...but, I don't care what anyone says... it's still a horrible fight mechanically and deserves a re-work...I'm also picking up chatter that it makes players and this is from what I've seen numerous time discussed here, in region chat, and clan alliance chat...all of them not wanting to play it beyond having to farm for whatever it is they are hunting and then being relieved they never have to do it again...That's just a bad design..

This... Profit-Taker is by far the worst boss fight ever implemented. It's an absolute fluster-f. Did it once with my friends and they never wanted to touch it ever again lol. Too much going on at once, too many effects going on at once. Surprised we all didn't end up having seizures by the end of it.

And now imagine Arbitrations where you even get punished for the failure of your squadmates by automatically picking up the burdens..

That's the price we pay for de not locking missions behind at least understanding the game.