Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Concern about kuva lich difficulty.

IzzyTH-I51

I've only watched the last 2 devstreams once but I don't specifically remember a part about how the lich's will scale.

So, if this has already been covered please leave a link to the section.

I'm concerned that after we defeat a lich a new one will spawn at the same difficulty level, or if we let ours live to fight us again it won't get stronger.

My hope, with this trading away a lich to the clan thing, is that this function is how we reset difficulty so each time you kill the lich it or a replacement comes back stronger and scales infinitely.

An adaptive difficulty would sit well with me too, so you kill it = harder, it kills you = easier. And the obvious issue with that, breeding your own weakling would just be ignored, cause no one cares if you kill the sargent. Especially if you died multiple times to do it. 

But that adaptive part also sounds upsetting, if you're killing it repeatedly and doing your best to kill it and it's become a great power rivel and then you die accidentally and it gets weaker.

All I want is it to be an actual threat to me when it shows up, and if it's not a threat I want a way of making it into one.

Oh hey, there's that level 300+ lich again, time for an execution.

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

We do know they have a bevy of weaknesses, two per lich from screenshots IIRC, and the oddities which we can probably exploit. So hopefully the gameplay experience won't be a Wolf of Saturn Six repeat.

Thinking about this lich system, without the experience of using it yet it does seem like an evolution of the assassin system, I can easily imagine G3 type lich popping up, and the wolf.

So yeah, hopefully it's more than just randomly generated assassin's... 

26 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

That'll be the day.  All AI is hilariously bad in this game.

I definitely wouldn't say it's intelligent, the most it's got going for it is it's damage and health scaling, which isn't even really part of its AI, I mean it can barely walk.

But better AI might not be out of the question, railjack seems to be one of their largest undertakings ever, it's going to change a lot of the games feel. So maybe we could also hope for lich's to have a more extravagant AI. 

Beginning to think how lich could also scale the way amiibo fighters do in smash. Which is fairly basic to my understanding, you make a fantastic AI then scale it back.