Hi,

i am very new player in this game

playing only for 87 days but

when i and my friend want to start play this game we saw this:
in the beggining its was a f2p game

aBGqEVk.png

but after you scrool a little bit down you will se this:

saGZGeM.png

in the beggining we afraid to play this game because of this and we are confusied about this.. how this F2P game can be a expensive?

After we found out a bit we realized it was not mandatory to play the game
I believe other players who want to try playing see that too and are afraid to try ...
Another time it was my and a friend's experience may be that other people don't think that way and it may be a pity that it confuses people.

Thanks 🙂

21 minutes ago, kond0 said:

Hi,

i am very new player in this game

playing only for 87 days but

when i and my friend want to start play this game we saw this:
in the beggining its was a f2p game

aBGqEVk.png

but after you scrool a little bit down you will se this:

saGZGeM.png

in the beggining we afraid to play this game because of this and we are confusied about this.. how this F2P game can be a expensive?

After we found out a bit we realized it was not mandatory to play the game
I believe other players who want to try playing see that too and are afraid to try ...
Another time it was my and a friend's experience may be that other people don't think that way and it may be a pity that it confuses people.

Thanks 🙂

Which part of Steam belongs to DE and Warframe, again?

The only purpose of running Warframe through steam is for Tennogen content, which is nothing more than skins made by players. You can download the Warframe Client directly from DE's website and be done with that broken distribution platform.

Ah, that's an easy mistake.

The game, including all its gameplay-related content is available absolutely free. However, in order for the Devs to make money, there are several monetisation options - purchase of the hard currency 'platinum' (which can also be traded for with other players, which is how a lot of people pay for anything bought with it), a couple additional promotions, and 'prime access'. The game features several upgraded weapons and Warframes that are 'primes', which come out in sets of three on a seasonal basis, every three months, four times a year. The most recent can be purchased, along with a bevy of other things, in 'prime access' - in this case, Atlas Prime. This includes 'boosters' (Increases in resource gain, experience gain, what have you), platinum and some additional cosmetics, the latter of which can also be purchased separately (to note, many cosmetics are only acquirable with platinum. Not all, but that's another concession). The large amount of things in the prime access means it's very expensive.

However, like anything else that involves gameplay things, the weapons and Warframe are 100% acquirable in game, although the process of getting it may be time-consuming, and the weapons especially may be high up on the progression system (mastery rank), meaning it can take a while to acquire them. Prime access cuts out the fat.

In a nutshell: the game offers everything related to gameplay for free one way or another - even hard currency can be traded for in-game items through official means. However, it also offers a means to skip the grind and acquire items right away, as well as some cosmetics.

the game is free to play, but someone's gotta pay.

in warframe the only thing you can't earn in game is the tennogen cosmetic items.  part of the proceeds of these items goes directly to the artist which helps them keep the lights on and they are independent creators.

all other items can be earned and/or traded for in game.

8 hours ago, Myscho said:

Changed how ??

Dont see any problem with DLC promoted like that, every F2P need way to monetize

I think from a new player perspective, the way its presented  sounds like you need to purchase the prime access pack in order to access the game itself. I had the same thoughts when I first joined (during Zephyr's prime access.) I asked a friend of mine who told me about the game if I needed to buy that in order to play the game, and then later if I needed it to unlock Zephyr. They told me everything but cosmetics can be earned in game and so I went on playing normally.

It's like hearing about a free bridge, and then when you get there you see a big flashy sign that says " access pass," it's natural to think you gotta pay to access something related to the bridge, and some would think paying to access the bridge itself.

Archived