Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kohm rivens needs to be nerfed

-CM-AbsoluteZero

This should have been done a long time ago. The Kohm has no business running around with a 1.4 riven dispo. Its ridiculous how such a powerful weapon, has avoided dispo nerfs for so long. With the upcoming exilus slots allowing you to slot ammo mutation mods on the Kohm, its only real disadvantage is gone. I would say 0.5 or 0.4 dispo should be fairly balanced considering its strength and popularity. 

If you all think otherwise, try to convince me that the Kohm is anywhere near unpopular and under-performing like the Hind, twin vipers, Tetra, Furis and its variants. Those all have more less the same riven dispo. You all really think the Kohm is anywhere near those aforementioned weapons in performance and popularity?

Edited by -CM-AbsoluteZero
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Xydeth said:

kohm needs 120%+ status chance on a riven or its just MR basically, in comparison to others. no matter what riven u run on it, it wont compete overall without 100% sc before multishot and thats the whole point of its dispo.

no it doesn't "need" 120% status you just want it to. The kohm is perfectly fine without a riven. The way it is now the dispo has to be nerfed into the ground

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Troposphere6 said:

Riven Dispositions are related to how popular the weapon is the higher the popularity the lower the disposition. If more people use kohm the disposition will go down

Ppl are dishing out 1000s for these rivens its quite clear they're way over popular.

1 minute ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Kohm completely and utterly depends on a riven in its current state. If its capability of reaching 100% status chance with an at least somewhat reasonable build was nerfed, the gun would become totally useless.

Very nice hyperbole, but the gun will be fine even with a 0.5 dispo. You guys just want op guns that trivialize the game. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, -CM-AbsoluteZero said:

Very nice hyperbole, but the gun will be fine even with a 0.5 dispo. You guys just want op guns that trivialize the game. 

If it was an OP gun that trivialized the entire game, it wouldn't have a high disposition in the first place. In fact, the gun gets totally trashed when a single status immune enemy gets thrown in front of it.

I wonder the lvl the enemies had for you to say that it's fine without rivens.

Edit: This gun needs status and fire rate, you need the 4 dual stats and it's not enough for 100 status (and you get procs that you wouldn't want with this), and even the biggest fire rate mod (the corrupted one) still doesn't make it comfortable.

Edited by Jujuwa
additional info
  • Like 1

il y a 20 minutes, Troposphere6 a dit :

Riven Dispositions are related to how popular the weapon is the higher the popularity the lower the disposition. If more people use kohm the disposition will go down

I think they changed that a bit recently, they have some kind of power ranking for what it matters.
Anyways, they explicitly said, half a year ago, maybe more, that they didnt change khom dispo cause of the 100% status thing.

8 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

If it was an OP gun that trivialized the entire game, it wouldn't have a high disposition in the first place. In fact, the gun gets totally trashed when a single status immune enemy gets thrown in front of it.

There are plenty of powerful weapons that have strong dispos despite being strong enough on their own: gram prime, synapse, boar prime, strun wraith to name a few. Those are all long due for riven nerfs just like the Kohm. Status immune enemies is not a valid justification for the kohm considering the vast majority of enemies you encounter in the game are vulnerable to status. Only weak weapons should have high dispo. THe kohm is no where near to be considered "weak" 

3 minutes ago, belanya said:

I think they changed that a bit recently, they have some kind of power ranking for what it matters.
Anyways, they explicitly said, half a year ago, maybe more, that they didnt change khom dispo cause of the 100% status thing.

10 minutes ago, Jujuwa said:

I wonder the lvl the enemies had for you to say that it's fine without rivens.

Edit: This gun needs status and fire rate, you need the 4 dual stats and it's not enough for 100 status (and you get procs that you wouldn't want with this), and even the biggest fire rate mod (the corrupted one) still doesn't make it comfortable.

6 minutes ago, Heidi said:

Kohm havent been nerfed bc it cant get 100 SC with all 60/60 mods, have been confirmed by DE themself. 

Yet guns like Corinth, Drakgoon, Hek/vaykor do just fine without 100% status.

The kohm doesn't "need" 100 sc. Ppl just wanna cling on to their clearly broken rivens. 

A gun with high dmg, innate punch thru and with ammo economy no longer being an issue due to the upcoming exilus slots should not deserve a riven dispo anywhere near 1.4

• Like 3

il y a 7 minutes, -CM-AbsoluteZero a dit :

Yet guns like Corinth, Drakgoon, Hek/vaykor do just fine without 100% status.

The kohm doesn't "need" 100 sc. Ppl just wanna cling on to their clearly broken rivens. 

A gun with high dmg, innate punch thru and with ammo economy no longer being an issue due to the upcoming exilus slots should not deserve a riven dispo anywhere near 1.4

I didnt say khom doesnt deserve a nerf. Just saying why he didnt have one yet.

Edited by belanya

35 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

it has that disposition because de has stated that they did not want to nerf it. not because its not a strong gun. i use it without a riven, its pretty damn powerful.

• Like 3

For those who're unaware

Wanted to clear up one comment I'm seeing lots of. Many of you have mentioned the Kohm as well as Detron - These weapons were marked for a reduction, but we opted not to change them, because some players depend on these Rivens to achieve 100% status chance. Because of this, small disposition changes had the chance to make a much larger impact on these weapons, so we have left them as is. 

The Kohm has not received a disposition nerf solely because of the broken status system on shotguns. While them not wanting to reduce popular weapons like the Soma (Connor made a comment about it in a later post) because they are weak despite their popularity is one thing but it makes no sense to arbitrarily let the Kohm slide because DE left this system broken.

Edited by trst
  • Like 9

vor einer Stunde schrieb -CM-AbsoluteZero:

no it doesn't "need" 120% status you just want it to. The kohm is perfectly fine without a riven. The way it is now the dispo has to be nerfed into the ground

then compare 100% sc vs non-100%. the difference is huge. there is a reason why u "want" a 100% sc shotgun, especially one that multiplies its projectiles on each shot up to a certain pellet count.

1 hour ago, -CM-AbsoluteZero said:

Why? What’s your reasoning for wanting it nerfed?

How does the Kohms current disposition impact you in anyway? Because rivens for it are too pricey? I rarely see players running a kohm and stealing all the kills from other players, so what really drives you to feel like this needs nerfed other than to spoil other people’s fun?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)Kuljack said:

Why? What’s your reasoning for wanting it nerfed?

How does the Kohms current disposition impact you in anyway? Because rivens for it are too pricey? I rarely see players running a kohm and stealing all the kills from other players, so what really drives you to feel like this needs nerfed other than to spoil other people’s fun?

warframe is plagued by this kind of toxic people just look at the braindead comments on the mele changes and how they think it is fine to kill anything that is ''meta'' in this game just for the sake of seeing other players suffer. 8v

I don't exactly agree with OP's reasons for wanting it nerfed but they do have a point in it's only weakness being ammo economy which we'll soon be able to ignore (almost) entirely.

Personally I'd like to see it nerfed because the reason it's gone unerfed is completely arbitrary and a bit hypocritical of them. If the Kohm can keep it's dispo because of this then why can't guns like the Hind or Kraken get maxed out dispos since they're bad even with a Riven?

Plus the status chance interactions on shotguns/innate multishot weapons needs to be revised. It's dumb that the calculation is completely different between 99.9% and 100% status chance.

• Like 6

your opinion mate, not the one that many others share and atleast not DE yet. 

This should have been done a long time ago. The Kohm has no business running around with a 1.4 riven dispo. Its ridiculous how such a powerful weapon, has avoided dispo nerfs for so long. With the upcoming exilus slots allowing you to slot ammo mutation mods on the Kohm, its only real disadvantage is gone. I would say 0.5 or 0.4 dispo should be fairly balanced considering its strength and popularity. 

They already told, it has not been deliberately nerfed  because there were too much complaints... And when it will be nerfed, you can be sure  that the Kohm wraith will be already released...

Edited by bibmobello