Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-CM-AbsoluteZero

Kohm rivens needs to be nerfed

Recommended Posts

On 2019-10-20 at 10:37 AM, Troposphere6 said:

Riven Dispositions are related to how popular the weapon is the higher the popularity the lower the disposition. If more people use kohm the disposition will go down

Except where stated the Kohm and Detron are immune to riven changes cause status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to mention that in order to get the most out of this gun, riven or no, you have to use it on either an Excel umbra bot or a Duality Equinox. Otherwise it's just not that awesome.

Wu clone might also work here, but I haven't tried that myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

Except where stated the Kohm and Detron are immune to riven changes cause status.

It's bullS#&$ because you can use nano applicator on the kohm but some people will complain the same because it would be not  OP anymore... and i don't understand what's the problem with the detron? , it can reach 100% status without any riven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bibmobello said:

It's bullS#&$ because you can use nano applicator on the kohm but some people will complain the same because it would be not  OP anymore... and i don't understand what's the problem with the detron? , it can reach 100% status without any riven.

Nano applicator requires you to use 4 dual stats you don't have room for or 3 dual stats + shotgun savvy.  On top of that you need to cast an ability and aim for applicator to function.  If you can't see the difference between nano applicator and a riven mod with +120% SC as well as other stats I can't help you.  It's a PvE game, and kohm is honestly worse then the arca plasmor at clearing crowds efficiently and the plasmor doesn't need a riven.  All of this matters little when DE have said the reason people use the kohm and detron is because of the rivens available for them, otherwise they would be fairly useless and unused by a lot of the playerbase.  Again, you want a kohm dispo nerf?  Make kohm wraith with 30% SC, you can leave the rest of the stats identical for all I care and the 'problem' is solved.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, (XB1)COA Altair said:

Nano applicator requires you to use 4 dual stats you don't have room for or 3 dual stats + shotgun savvy.  On top of that you need to cast an ability and aim for applicator to function.  If you can't see the difference between nano applicator and a riven mod with +120% SC as well as other stats I can't help you.  It's a PvE game, and kohm is honestly worse then the arca plasmor at clearing crowds efficiently and the plasmor doesn't need a riven.  All of this matters little when DE have said the reason people use the kohm and detron is because of the rivens available for them, otherwise they would be fairly useless and unused by a lot of the playerbase.  Again, you want a kohm dispo nerf?  Make kohm wraith with 30% SC, you can leave the rest of the stats identical for all I care and the 'problem' is solved.  

I don't give a fk about nerfing or buffing the kohm. It's only unfair  that someone wrote the riven disposition is based on usage when clearly is based on something else and clearly every owner of a riven will say the opposite. Kohm is a crappy MR 5 weapon and Following your thoughts i don't understand why euphona,pyrana, corinth or soma for example have a such crappy disposition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

I don't give a fk about nerfing or buffing the kohm. It's only unfair  that someone wrote the riven disposition is based on usage when clearly is based on something else and clearly every owner of a riven will say the opposite. Kohm is a crappy MR 5 weapon and Following your thoughts i don't understand why euphona,pyrana, corinth or soma for example have a such crappy disposition.

From DE's own mouth, they said they wouldn't nerf kohm or detron rivens because the rivens enable the weapons to be any good as take my detron riven or kohm riven off my build and slot in some other mod and you'll have a meh weapon that consumes way too much ammo.  That's why they haven't been touched in all the riven dispo changes.  Soma prime when they introduced the riven system, believe it or not, was one of the best weapons in the game.  So it had the lowest disposition for a long time and they've only just started to change it ever so slowly.  Pyrana has a prime version and a lot of people use it.  So it gets nerfed.  Euphona I have no clue as to why it got nerfed, maybe due to their internal power rankings and some people using it myself included.  Corinth is a semi popular shotgun because it's the best crit shotgun to date, but it still has a disposition of .95/honestly most weapons within .1 of a 1.0 disposition is in a fine place riven wise that you can use and see it be effective if your roll is decent.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-10-20 at 11:42 AM, -CM-AbsoluteZero said:

You guys just want op guns that trivialize the game

Yeah, I do.  But the Kohm is not OP.  There are multiple weapons (without Riven) that are better than the Kohm (with Riven).  I don't really care if Kohm rivens get nerfed or not, but they aren't going to because it's unpopular.  Because it's not good enough.  Hey, here's an idea: if you think the weapon is too OP, stop using it.  Problem solved.  Or are you upset that your friend uses it, and you just want to nerf your friend?  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-10-20 at 12:42 PM, -CM-AbsoluteZero said:

guns that trivialize

Kohm or not, I want those things.

Being a space ninja action figure role play is much cooler when you win.
I would also like the AkMagnus to get crazy good, and the Halikar, and the Ack & Brunt...
all of em. 😃

They should take some time and effort investment to get there or else it won't feel good,
but I know I'd love it if the other guns got as busted good as these.
Then with that out of the way, the challenge can come from new mechanics,
which DE can innovate around skill and not so much arbitrary number games.

Not everything should be one hit kill. ...2 hits is fine.
Non prime versions should take vastly more work and slightly under perform.
People gotta take the good guns because they want to beat something before work or whatever.
I think the more casual players also wouldn't mind being able to work toward any weapon being their jam.

Should take hell and high water to get any gun to that place, but they should all get there.
Then folks won't fuss about metas, people don't have to call you out for being a scrub if you're not using it..
all that stuff.

It's not too easy if it took some real endeavor from different parts of the solar system to make it work.
Perhaps something we'll see better implemented in the future.

If they are redoing melees to function more like that, it's likely just a matter of time before they get it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone here who says the kohm isn't op is either ignorant or in complete denial. Kohm is probably the strongest shotgun in the game. With just status chance and any good stat it deletes enemies. There's a reason why kohm rivens are still expensive after so many years. For sure the disposition will get a nerf when the wraith is released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-10-21 at 9:20 PM, Knight_Ex said:

I feel like this was a salty thread made from the tears of someone who ran into a Kohm user and got schooled by them......in a PVE game...wow go figure.

These greedy yet envious players are very LOUD. They want to ruin this game by nerfing just about anything they don’t own or can’t farm or lazy to get or poor to buy. These are the kinds of players that kill any good games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And here we go. I found OP’s profile: MR11 with 419 hours as of this moment. Which is perfectly fine. The top 5 most used primary weapons are Vectis, Orgis, Synapse, Penta, Latron Prime. And, the OP doesn’t even own or have used Kohm!

What’s your real basis that makes you made up the post without even trying it? Who’re the friends using this and causing you such extremely salty envy? Why don’t you get some Plat,  get your own Kohm and build it up like your friends?

Your envy can be applied to any other weapons with good/top Rivens. Do you wish to nerf them all because they are too good or their Rivens are too good? What if you get something good as well in game? Do you want DE to nerf your best Rivens? Don’t let envy and jealousy take over you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-10-22 at 12:26 AM, taiiat said:

well ofcourse. popular and good don't necessarily overlap.

there's lots of good items in the game but the only things you see the 99% using are whatever Youtube/Twitch has brain leakaged them into thinking is 'the best'. which will simply be whatever they can just barely hit par with while getting as close to W+M1 as possible.

 

doesn't change that Kohm has a lot of power available in both Status Chance and Raw Damage. not at once since Rivens can't have 4 Stats ofcourse, but.
(hint, Kohm has quite exceptional Crit Stats considering the high Pellet count and that the Crit Stats got hilariously buffed in the last passover)

Raw damage doesn't scale as well into high levels as status does.

Still that doesn't still change the fact that its popularity that DE is primarily basing their riven balancing on. The fact that they aren't even slightly concerned about powercreep has been proven time and time again in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Raw damage doesn't scale as well into high levels as status does.

Still that doesn't still change the fact that its popularity that DE is primarily basing their riven balancing on. The fact that they aren't even slightly concerned about powercreep has been proven time and time again in the past.

It's not proper correct, because you can have a 100% status weapons with a total  50.000 damage fo example. If you don't have mainly slash(for Grineers) or gas(for Human corpus) the weapon will be utter crap. And we are full of weapons with huge damage and 100% status being not able to kill anything because they are mainly impact or puncture weapon.

Status procs are proportional to base damage weapon, damage mods and crit multipliers and the kohm hasn't great stats...

But the kohm is mainly slash damage dealing hundreds of slash procs with 100 status...

So yes the kohm is fun to use on normal levels, however The kohm is not an a weapon anyone would use for very long survival because you will run out of ammo soon and the damage falloff and spread force you to stay at melee distance most of the time.

If they had a little brain they should have change the damage system to have sense and giving status a bonus to reach more than 100%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-10-21 at 12:09 PM, George_PPS said:

I am for BUFFING any weak weapons and their Rivers. Nerfing is not the answer in the game. Instead of proposing nerfing anything or any Rivers because I don’t have it mentality, we should do the opposite. If anyone likes anything and wants it to be powerful, ask for buffs. 

This is big brain time people. I hope peeps take notes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bibmobello said:

the kohm hasn't great stats...

hogwash. Kohm has things to offer outside of spamming small DoT's. it's just very difficult to push that while also pushing Status. again, those Crit Stats are quite compelling due to how many Pellets it has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, taiiat said:

hogwash. Kohm has things to offer outside of spamming small DoT's. it's just very difficult to push that while also pushing Status. again, those Crit Stats are quite compelling due to how many Pellets it has.

Are the crits  being divided among pellets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Are the crits  being divided among pellets?

what?

i don't know what you said, but.
it shoots 12 Pellets, so you use your Crit Stats 12 times per Shot. (obv more w/ Multi-Shot).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-10-20 at 6:33 PM, -CM-AbsoluteZero said:

The Kohm has no business running around with a 1.4 riven dispo. Its ridiculous how such a powerful weapon, has avoided dispo nerfs for so long.

you do realize that not the 'powerfullness' is the measure for the disposition of a weapon, right? it's about how many player use this weapon... and as for the khom, i rarely see anyone use it. also, i don't find it that powerfull, even with a good riven in it - others are far superior even without one. though the khom is still fun to play with...

On 2019-10-20 at 8:27 PM, bibmobello said:

Kohm wraith will be already released...

will there be a wraith version? i missed that info somehow... looking forward to it (hopefully it will have an even bigger mag ^^)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, taiiat said:

what?

i don't know what you said, but.
it shoots 12 Pellets, so you use your Crit Stats 12 times per Shot. (obv more w/ Multi-Shot).

He thinks that the crit chance for shotguns work like status chance for shotguns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

 i don't find it that powerfull, even with a good riven in it - others are far superior even without one. though the khom is still fun to play with...

with the appropriate Riven, Kohm is the best overall Gun in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bro stop crying. just tell us who pissed you off with their kohm, we'll have a good laugh, youll die a little inside, and life will go on. obsessive control freak trying to legislate how much fun people are having. jfc have some kfc lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, taiiat said:

with the appropriate Riven, Kohm is the best overall Gun in the game.

After seeing so many questions in forum about what is the best weapon, we finally have our answer 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Renegade343 said:

He thinks that the crit chance for shotguns work like status chance for shotguns.

I think they should because the math behind the damage system is a total mess. it looks more like a patchwork from a big number of updates than a true damage system.

For what mathematical reason should the status being divided among pellets and the crits don't? Why crits can reach more than 100% and the status can't?

The ideator of this system will not win a fields medal for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-10-24 at 12:24 AM, taiiat said:

with the appropriate Riven, Kohm is the best overall Gun in the game.

hmm, with status chance, multishot, fire-rate and base-damage in the riven it sure gets a nice boost... but wasn't that what riven were meant to be? the khom, even though a fun weapon to play with, never was one of those metas people used. with such a riven (and likely ungodly many re-rolls) it might get immensely powerfull - but that can be said to other weapons as well, like some zaw and kit-guns when combined with the right riven and arcane in them... when i maim-cheese with my zaw and fell lvl200 heavy grineer in groups with one swing only, it's also kinda over the top (though i guess that might end with tomorrows update too).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...