Sign in to follow this  
(XB1)T0PP HATT

Exilus Slot for Weapons and yet we....

Don't get enough points to use them? lmao. Why is DE giving us an exilus slot for weapons but isn't giving us enough points to use a maxed out mod? And it's not like we can use power mods in them, all of them are like ammo drum, speed and other mods that doesn't give us any more power or does any dps whatsoever....

Good one DE, guess they just think everyone is like, "oh cool, look wut de gave us"...Until u see u can"t use maxed mods......

To me, just as well not even have one.......

DE at it's finest......still, after 7 years, still doing moves like this.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

It's not out yet..until it is I'd wait to be outraged because these kind of posts never age well when or if they go all super cool on you and they make it free of cost or halve everything or lower...

If they don't feel free to rage...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 3

and we still have people make posts like there is a character limit you could have just put this in the title 
"Exilus slot for weapons but we lack points" pet peeve over 

they said in the devstream they wanted exilus for weapons to be utility things not something to boost DPS 

im also picking up a hint of "oh since i cant use it why should any one get rid of it" but that's just me 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSc6Fjd09Ar5TA0-sriruC

No one forced you to use it, right? DPS is not the most important thing for all weapons and it's stated it's for utility mods such as recoil if you haven't watched the devstream

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 9

If I have enough capacity on my aklex prime build to fit it, everyone can fit it on theire weapon with a fully polarized weapon. Its just a matter of if you want to do the added work or not. Personally I cant wait to add -recoil to my aklex prime 🙂

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

I hail the exilus slots on weapons, because that one extra slot can give a little more variety for the builds, also what seen on stream they might buff some of the unused mods. Also the update is not out so all is still just speculation, when the list of buffs and update drops then we can judge if it is good idea or increase the powercreep. 

• Like 1

If it's absolutely that unfathomable for you to slap two more forma onto a gun or you can't bring yourself to use a slightly less min-maxed build then don't use the slot.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

vor 26 Minuten schrieb (XB1)T0PP HATT:

Don't get enough points to use them? lmao. Why is DE giving us an exilus slot for weapons but isn't giving us enough points to use a maxed out mod?

So that you have to think about your build.

You should try this 'thinking' thing. It's awesome, once you get the hang of it.

• Like 1

I feel like they need to go back through and rebalance the capacity drain on some mods. Like why the hell are punch through mods 15 drain? Main reason why I don’t use them. And why is split chamber 15 when barrel diffusion has a greater effect and is only 11? And honestly pure utility mods like recoil and max ammo and flight speed and swap speed should be no more than 5 or 6 drain.

I do think it’s a little ridiculous that being able to fit a mod into the new exilus slot might require fully polarizing a weapon, because most players are never going to choose to do that. Then again if enemy armor scaling wasn’t so busted maybe you could actually give up one of those damage mods for utility.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, (XB1)T0PP HATT said:

Don't get enough points to use them? lmao. Why is DE giving us an exilus slot for weapons but isn't giving us enough points to use a maxed out mod? And it's not like we can use power mods in them, all of them are like ammo drum, speed and other mods that doesn't give us any more power or does any dps whatsoever....

Good one DE, guess they just think everyone is like, "oh cool, look wut de gave us"...Until u see u can"t use maxed mods......

To me, just as well not even have one.......

DE at it's finest......still, after 7 years, still doing moves like this.....

You have 3 options:

1) Don't use them. No one is forcing you to.

2) Build around them if you feel like you are somehow going to have a heart attack for not using them.

3) Get a Kuva Lich weapon. They will work like the Paracesis.

Edited by Jarriaga

1 hour ago, KittySkin said:

If I have enough capacity on my aklex prime build to fit it, everyone can fit it on theire weapon with a fully polarized weapon. Its just a matter of if you want to do the added work or not. Personally I cant wait to add -recoil to my aklex prime 🙂

the first thing i thought about was adding recoil to aklex aswell, finally i will have hard hitting laser canons in each of my hands

• Like 1

The game is no harder than it was before the ability to add an... an ammo mutation or silencing mod?

Adding a mod designated Pexilus is (probably) not going to mean the difference between success and failure in any mission.

If there's a legitimate concern about the difference a Pexilus makes, there's a couple of Forma worth of drain to get to the same level. So then you can forgo using ammo packs to have a mod in there for that.

Why is this a concern?

an exilus slot will improve a weapon

a common slot will harm all enemies in the game
reworking the resistance of all enemies will need much more rework
reworking other damage mods negatively so as not to affect enemies will also do much more rework making the extra slot space equal to "useless" "indifferent before rework" etc.

I prefer the exilus slot: v

Edited by Famecans

If there's not enough points to install  an exilus mod, you're probably looking at 3 options:

1. Don't use it.  Mind, I'm not even sure every weapon has a utility mod worth installing.  Like WTH am I going to install for the Plinx?
  2. More forma.  Yeah, it'll further restrict your flexibility.  There's always making a second gun if you really have to have that infested/corpus build.
  3. Don't min/max.  Is all the damage in the world really worth missing out on a utility that might make working with the weapon much easier?

The mod system first and foremost was always about customizing our equipment and making cost/need assessments.  I'd say having a reason to complain about there not being enough slots or points is a GOOD thing.  It's why I'll support there being primed mods.  It's why I appreciate rivens for being essentially pseudo primed nightmare/corrupted mods.

Though I do hope they buff some of the utility and "DPS" mods (magazine size for example) and make them feel a little more worthwhile.

• Applause 1

19 hours ago, (PS4)Yes-Man-Kablaam said:

Forma

clearly u didn't watch the dev stream where Rebecca was showing it and she had "all" her slots form'd with 2 with only rank 8 out of 10 and still didn't have enough points to use a maxed mod in the exilus slot......hmmmm

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, (XB1)T0PP HATT said:

clearly u didn't watch the dev stream where Rebecca was showing it and she had "all" her slots form'd with 2 with only rank 8 out of 10 and still didn't have enough points to use a maxed mod in the exilus slot......hmmmm

no, I did. and i'm still saying forma.

57 minutes ago, (XB1)T0PP HATT said:

That doesnt mean they were all worthwhile mods. There are several expensive mods that we do not use.

If a secondary can slot mandatory primed mods, a riven, two multishot mods, two elemental mods and a mod of your choice to fill the last spot and still have enough capacity for an exilus with enough forma spent, then any other weapon (besides possibly melee) will have no problem fitting an exilus mod. 

Just forma and build your weapon correctly.

No problem for most status-builds. Just heavy crit-builds. 

But the whole thing is that you can fit a a QoL-mod into the build without completely sacrificing one of the usual damage-mods. Either you change a Prime mod to a regular one, or you don't use completely maxed mods, but either way you're still getting something decent out of them. For 95% of the content in this game you won't notice any difference in damage output anyway, or you can compensate with buffs from Warframes and arcanes. 

Ultimately it is just like the Exilus slot on frames. Sometimes it's not worth using, sometimes it is. Can also be compared to the Amalgam mods where you sacrifice a small % for speed/utility.