Sign in to follow this  
(PS4)FuhrerWuIf

PS4: trade chat

Over the years this has been a free market and things have gone rather smoothly. In the past 2yrs or so trd chat has gone to crap. Ever since Plains of Eidolon. The massive in flow of new players not knowing how to value stuff has ruined trd chat. We can't hardly buy/sell for fair prices anymore. Its gotten so people are expecting to buy and sell full frame sets for 30p. This is ridiculous.

Could a feature be added to show "Suggested Price based on Avg" or something. So NEW players can see if they are about to get messed over and try to keep things fairly priced. Something surely can be done to fix this.

Plz help us make trade chat fair and good again.

Edited by (PS4)FuhrerWuIf
  • Haha 1

There's nothing to fix.  Valuations are subjective, not absolute.  If you're having that much trouble making trades, then the one who needs to see suggested prices is you - the rest of the players disagree with your valuations.  If other people are willing to sell full frame sets for 30p and you're not,  you're supposed to be driven out of the market.  The solution is not to complain about it - that will accomplish nothing.  You just need to go find something else to trade in, and let the people selling full sets for 30p do your prime framing.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)FuhrerWuIf said:

Over the years this has been a free market and things have gone rather smoothly. In the past 2yrs or so trd chat has gone to crap. Ever since Plains of Eidolon. The massive in flow of new players not knowing how to value stuff has ruined trd chat. We can't hardly buy/sell for fair prices anymore. Its gotten so people are expecting to buy and sell full frame sets for 30p. This is ridiculous.

Could a feature be added to show "Suggested Price based on Avg" or something. So NEW players can see if they are about to get messed over and try to keep things fairly priced. Something surely can be done to fix this.

Plz help us make trade chat fair and good again.

Translation: "OP thinks that their wares are worth a lot, everyone else disagrees. They want DE to make sure that everyone has to pay what the OP thinks is fair." 

Is that about right, OP? 

• Woah 1

I want things to be like they were. the newer players have NO clue how things work or should work. new players think older players are scamming them when we say stuff like that costs more since it's been vaulted for 2 yrs. etc. I'm saying I'd like something in there to help teach newer players that benefits both the buyer and seller. I also don't like to here or see new players being taken advantage of. where they sell a very rare piece cheap not knowing it's value. I feel like something that let's both buyer and seller know what the avg going price is would help.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

16 hours ago, Phatose said:

There's nothing to fix.  Valuations are subjective, not absolute.  If you're having that much trouble making trades, then the one who needs to see suggested prices is you - the rest of the players disagree with your valuations.  If other people are willing to sell full frame sets for 30p and you're not,  you're supposed to be driven out of the market.  The solution is not to complain about it - that will accomplish nothing.  You just need to go find something else to trade in, and let the people selling full sets for 30p do your prime framing.

who said I have trouble? this is on console only PS4 issue so if not on there you don't know what the problems are. As far as I can tell XBOX and PC are not having this issue. I'm not talking about a few one off's. I'm talking about an explosion of new players selling vaulted sets for 45p and such. I it making it darn near impossible on ALL sellers. It has ruined trade chat. If you polled the PS4 community I would be shocked if 80% or more players didn't agree with me. I constantly see users posting comments in trade chat about it. Also there are so many players trading that are clueless about the process. A trade tutorial for new players would also be welcomed. Like before you can trade your 1st item you go through a walk through on how the process works. Also that non-prime parts and built parts are not tradeable. Things like that and having a little popup during the the trade process that not only lists the items but an avg selling price on them would help new players from getting messed over and the unaware (do to being off for sometime) of current prices in game.

Edited by (PS4)FuhrerWuIf
more to say

39 minutes ago, (PS4)FuhrerWuIf said:

who said I have trouble? this is on console only PS4 issue so if not on there you don't know what the problems are. As far as I can tell XBOX and PC are not having this issue. I'm not talking about a few one off's. I'm talking about an explosion of new players selling vaulted sets for 45p and such. I it making it darn near impossible on ALL sellers. It has ruined trade chat. If you polled the PS4 community I would be shocked if 80% or more players didn't agree with me. I constantly see users posting comments in trade chat about it. Also there are so many players trading that are clueless about the process. A trade tutorial for new players would also be welcomed. Like before you can trade your 1st item you go through a walk through on how the process works. Also that non-prime parts and built parts are not tradeable. Things like that and having a little popup during the the trade process that not only lists the items but an avg selling price on them would help new players from getting messed over and the unaware (do to being off for sometime) of current prices in game.

Again, this is not a problem to be fixed.  If loads of new players are happily selling sets for very low prices, then they should be the ones making the sale.  The old players who aren't willing to sell that cheap?   They're inefficient producers, and should be forced out of the market.  That's how a free market is supposed to work.  Competition drives prices down, everyone benefits from less expensive goods. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Phatose said:

Again, this is not a problem to be fixed.  If loads of new players are happily selling sets for very low prices, then they should be the ones making the sale.  The old players who aren't willing to sell that cheap?   They're inefficient producers, and should be forced out of the market.  That's how a free market is supposed to work.  Competition drives prices down, everyone benefits from less expensive goods. 

Agree to disagree. This is a game NOT REAL WORLD marketing. Your saying that older veteran players should no longer play the game? That's so wrong I won't even entertain it. Also why do you keep going back to this marketing thing? I am simply saying to give players the information so they can determine what to sell for what prices. No one is trying to force players out of the game "save for you". You sir are wrong in many ways. I would understand if we were talking about unreasonable prices. Like trying to charge 1500p for Ember Prime like how it was back in the day. I'm simply saying give ALL players the information (both sides) and let them choose. It may not change it but at least they will have information from DE that they can trust. You keep making this about me as if i'm asking for something specifically for me. I'm asking for something for the community that the majority want, especially riven prices. I have no problem with competition but are you telling me that a NEW Atlas Prime set should sell in the market for 45p? Your agreeing with that cuz of some competition free market bs is just stupid when the parts themselves cost more individually that the whole. Anyways at this point I feel like you are trying to troll and get a rise out of me so i'll end this here by saying "you are part of the problem and not the solution". I don't even think your a PS4 player so you would have NO idea of our stuggle. It did not use to be this way 3yrs ago and on PC/XBOX it is not as bad.

• Applause 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)FuhrerWuIf said:

I want things to be like they were. the newer players have NO clue how things work or should work. new players think older players are scamming them when we say stuff like that costs more since it's been vaulted for 2 yrs. etc. I'm saying I'd like something in there to help teach newer players that benefits both the buyer and seller. I also don't like to here or see new players being taken advantage of. where they sell a very rare piece cheap not knowing it's value. I feel like something that let's both buyer and seller know what the avg going price is would help.

Again, if the majority of people keep saying one thing, and you're saying something else.... Maybe it's time to reconsider. 

2 years ago you wrote 2017 for the date, times change. 

The fact that they're making trades at those price points suggests that they are probably not as far from the mark as you seem to think. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)FuhrerWuIf said:

No one is trying to force players out of the game "save for you".

He said force them out of the market, not out of the game, 

• Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

I still don't see the issue with giving people the information in game instead of having to go to the internet to get the info. Whats the big deal having the info there for ALL players???? Again, I brought up an example. I'm not having issues, I know how trd works and I know how to wait to sell stuff. I'm simply asking for an Info thing in trd chat to make it better. More info would not hurt so whats the problem it? Instead of attacking my comments and posting on "Free Market" and trying to tell me how to trade and such which has nothing to do with what I proposed.

• Applause 1

11 hours ago, (PS4)FuhrerWuIf said:

I still don't see the issue with giving people the information in game instead of having to go to the internet to get the info. Whats the big deal having the info there for ALL players???? Again, I brought up an example. I'm not having issues, I know how trd works and I know how to wait to sell stuff. I'm simply asking for an Info thing in trd chat to make it better. More info would not hurt so whats the problem it? Instead of attacking my comments and posting on "Free Market" and trying to tell me how to trade and such which has nothing to do with what I proposed.

You know what information on past trades tells me about the prices the person I'm about to trade with will ask for or accept? 

Not a thing. 

Yeah I advocate turning on a filter and letting trade chat accumulate messages about the item. I use that to check what prices people are looking for. That's live data. It's truly relevant to the trade I'm about to make. 

Historical data even if it's just hours or days old.... Not so much. 

Relics made acquiring prime parts much faster due to the choice of 4 rewards. Play a capture fissure for it's full duration while speed running each mission and see how much loot you pile up.

Many people are desperate for that quick sale and will post lower prices. If you believe something is worth what it is then stick to your guns and don't sell. If people are constantly undercutting your prices then the market has simply shifted.

When there's no content you can pick up veiled pistol rivens for 5p each maybe even less. As soon as a new awesome sidearm comes out, those veiled prices jump to 20p or higher. 

I got hate mail and ignored for buying "junk" rivens for 5p each. All I can say is at least my 120 riven slots are full.