Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Level 100 Missions Are Insanity

LoveYourEnemy

Holy crap. Just tried a run to get the Storm Volt helmet, which I wanted to get from the latest alert mission. However, I find it isn't worth the trouble of running through a level 100 mission. I have a fully upgraded Rhino and tried using Iron Skin to help take the excessively high damage they do. Unfortunately, even that isnt enough, and one hit from a Flameblade knocked out my Iron Skin and a second hit plus a few shots from an Elite Lancer and I instantly died. Considering it was a spy mission, I was left to my forma'd kunais. Due to the extremely high armor rating, it took me 28 knives to take out one guy, and the Napalms were a nightmare for my forma'd Flux rifle.

What I'm trying to say here is I really hope this new Armor 2.0 thing actually helps with making the gameplay at higher levels better, and is anyone else having this issue too when playing high levels or am I just a sh*t player?

EDIT: Since an awful lot of you are not getting the god damn point, this is not a thread about my problems as a Warframe player! This is just a thread to discuss the issue of armor on higher levels! In the worst case it is the Grineer, having the heaviest armor of all factions, and it scales insanely high for them on lvl 100 and up. The other factions are not bad at all at level 100: the Corpus aren't bullet sponges and the infested can be cleansed with a trusty melee weapon. But I'm highlighting the Grineer as a prime example of the damage model issue, and how their armor is just crazy along with their excessive damage output. 

Edited by LoveYourEnemy

While I don't want to make any comments on your play style you were using two weapons that ignore armor, so the armor changes wouldn't have any effect on your experience.

If you were stuck soloing it generally I'd suggest a lot of cover type play or at the very least running back behind corners to reapply Iron Skin etc. Some other general things to keep in mind: headshots do double damage against the majority of the enemies (commanders and seekers are weird with armor ignore type weapons as I recall) and stacking +damage mods (damage, ap, elemental, multishot) on at least one of your weapons is the way to go when fighting high level enemies.

Holy crap. Just tried a run to get the Storm Volt helmet, which I wanted to get from the latest alert mission. However, I find it isn't worth the trouble of running through a level 100 mission. I have a fully upgraded Rhino and tried using Iron Skin to help take the excessively high damage they do. Unfortunately, even that isnt enough, and one hit from a Flameblade knocked out my Iron Skin and a second hit plus a few shots from an Elite Lancer and I instantly died. Considering it was a spy mission, I was left to my forma'd kunais. Due to the extremely high armor rating, it took me 28 knives to take out one guy, and the Napalms were a nightmare for my forma'd Flux rifle.

What I'm trying to say here is I really hope this new Armor 2.0 thing actually helps with making the gameplay at higher levels better, and is anyone else having this issue too when playing high levels or am I just a sh*t player?

I died several times yesterday playing with Nekros vs lvl 100 greniers. The major issue here is that the hit-scan gives you no time to get cover while dealing huge damage. They constantly hit you even through cover at times. I wasn't using a armor ignore primary and although my Latron prime was doing some good work, my gremlins were the only option when facing a heavy napalm + elite grens. It was very tough to keep Nekros alive as the teleporting melee were one-hitting me dead. I was playing solo so a better suited Primary could've helped me a lot, but I was testing how efficient the Latron can be vs these high level grens. It does the trick, but I have to admit that Nekros felt very squishy.

These missions aren't supposed to be easy, and I like it. Better to team up and take a Frost or a Nyx.

With Frost it's a walk in a beautfull snowy park at x-mas time =D

W-why? You could also spam rhino rush, or use rush mod. You don't have to kill anything, just stomp before activating terminal and keep moving.

Well, my chance is already over and long gone. I started this thread mostly to start conversation about how insane armor rating is in this game, not my playing habits, how good other players are, or d-bags on the forums.

Well, my chance is already over and long gone. I started this thread mostly to start conversation about how insane armor rating is in this game, not my playing habits, how good other players are, or d-bags on the forums.

The level scaling is whack yes. It's horrible. I hate it. But I'm only trying to give you advise for the future.

I actually enjoy the lvl 100 enemies, even 130s are still fun, that might be because I have maxed everything on my weapons and warframes like serration or redirection and a ton of Formas and potatoes. They give me a good reason to use my awesome stuff, and feel like a nice challenge.

Edited by N7Arthur

As said before, I appreciate the challenge.  Its often nice to slow down and savor the mobility and subtle parts of gameplay - though an abundance of hitscan weapons does make it hard for some frames if you have to deal with long distance (ie my poor ember).  Still, fun.

I really wonder what they'll do with the damage rework, and if we'll see things like a rise in abilities that do dmg + % health/shields.

Shouldn't need Rhino, Zorens, etc for these stupidly high alert missions.

Is DE simply trying to tell us "Just forget about Alerts" now?

Oi.

I could understand maybe +10 levels above the normal level of the area its in, but when I start seeing Lv60+ missions where it should be Lv10-20 then I simply roll my eyes and just not bother with the stupid thing.