Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove revivals from arbitrations.

WaveOz

17 minutes ago, WaveOz said:

Remove revivals from arbitrations.

Yesterday someone posted complaining the Revives in Arbitration werent enough, now someone is posting completely complaining their existence.

Personally i like how the system is currently and it doesnt bother me to revive my teammates, thats what playing in a team is about.

If ressing other players for you is a punishment then play solo and dont complain should no one try ressing you if you play in a squad.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, NecroPed said:

Sometimes mistakes happen. And it adds more challenge and risk to the mission. Isn't that what people wanted from arbitrations?

It's not even just mistakes.  Enemy balance needed correction long before melee mods needed it.  There's thousands of them and 4 of us in a given mission.  We should be the ones one-shotting stuff and instead you just randomly die to some grotesque amount of enemy damage before you even have a chance to react.  I never judge someone for going down in an arbi, because enemies after level 50 put out straight BS damage.  I brought a 5 forma Khora (before venari bodyguard came out) to arbi, specced mostly for my abilities.  I got one shot by something outside my CC range and I had both domes up.  I have 1,000 health on her.  I don't care if a warframe has 0 armor, you should not be getting flat out one-shot with 1,000 health by anything unless you're in an insanely long endless mission.  This was rotation A.  

Revives need to stay not only because the enemy can be BS and mistakes DO happen, but if the host goes down, everyone is getting migrated if they don't get picked up, and that screws over everyone because of how poorly host migrations are handled in this game.

33 minutes ago, WaveOz said:

it only punishes the good players and its annoying to have to be gimped half way through a run just cause one person is ill prepared for the mission type

Giving a choice between two arbitration modes (with/without revival) would be the best solution in my opinion. There probably should be at least a slight difference in rewards or their drop chances to encourage people to try the "no revival" mode.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by Dante

2 minutes ago, Dante said:

Giving a choice between two arbitration modes (with/without revival) would be the best solution in my opinion. There probably should be at least a slight difference in rewards or their drop chances so people try the "no revival" mode.

Just my 2 cents.

^This^... So that I can actually run arbitrations as they're meant to...

"One life" is "One Life".

Edited by Uhkretor

1 hour ago, Uhkretor said:

^This^... So that I can actually run arbitrations as they're meant to...

"One life" is "One Life".

Whelp sucks to be you when tho host dies and doesn't feel like sitting there for 20+ minutes not getting anything out of it and them leaving leads to a failed host migration and you losing all of your stuff. But hey ya stuck to your guns and rode them right into the ground GG.

1 minute ago, Oreades said:

Whelp sucks to be you when tho host dies and doesn't feel like sitting there for 20+ minutes not getting anything out of it and them leaving leads to a failed host migration and you losing all of your stuff.

Pretty much what happened to me in my very first Arbi mission, Adaptation had dropped in Rotation B, Host died and waited for the 30 minute reward to drop. During the countdown he waited for the very last second to select leave so me and the other three players got host migration. Till then ok, but one of the guys that remained was his friend and ended up becoming the new host, he left the mission and we got a second host migration which failed and caused me and the other player to lose our Adaptation mod.

I personally find the One-Death-Game-Over mechanic of Abritrations quite silly. Not so much because of difficulty reasons but jsut how volatile Warframe is. Like taking away the room for major mistake on a difficult mission can make a decent challenge. But the way things work int his game right now you can be killed, especially solo out of basically nowhere by hitscan damage. A lot of mitigating buffs also can't be rcast while active giving a possible window of instant death and adding in drones who protect enemies form being disabled or killed can make for accidents that are not necessarily avoided by skill.

There are Warframes that have a high tolerance for this but I just don't see the handling of deaths in Arbitrations as particularly exciting. Its more deterring than engaging and pretty anti-experimenting which is a damn shame since its one of the few places where you can go for somewhat higher level enmeies without spending hours in one mission.

So I can't say that I would like the removal of the revive mechanic. However I find the implementation jsut plain horrible. It just asks for more accidents to happen and instead of being a reward mechanic as in "your team did great, so you get a revive" its more gambly in nature and while I'm mostly playing solo and it doesn't affect me really, it still is pretty discouraging and it also kinda makes you dislike failing tea mates even mroe as you have to take an extra risk to get them back, while feeling obligated to do so.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Whelp sucks to be you when tho host dies and doesn't feel like sitting there for 20+ minutes not getting anything out of it and them leaving leads to a failed host migration and you losing all of your stuff. But hey ya stuck to your guns and rode them right into the ground GG.

Nah, sucks to be anyone that isn't running solo, like I am...

... So yeah, nice miss from your part.

13 minutes ago, Raikh said:

I personally find the One-Death-Game-Over mechanic of Abritrations quite silly. Not so much because of difficulty reasons but jsut how volatile Warframe is. Like taking away the room for major mistake on a difficult mission can make a decent challenge.

Its as if people are unable to learn from their mistakes.... xD

Edited by Uhkretor

vor einer Stunde schrieb Uhkretor:

Its as if people are unable to learn from their mistakes.... xD

It isn't a matter of learning form mistakes. If you aren't learning from mistakes you aren't playing a game properly.

I personally however can't take no-death challenges seriously in games that aren't really designed around it, and are atleast fundamentally fair. Warframe is not a fair game. Its for the msot part a ridiculously easy game because numbers are broken but that doesn't make it fair.

And not being fair means you can die from things that are not your mistake. A skilled player will know what to avoid and how to act in general to avoid dying but there is no guarantee that they never get hit based on their skill. If you consider ever getting hit by anything in Warframe being a mistake of the player then we will disagree pretty heavily there.

I simply have my caveats with Arbitrations, the death-gameover emchanic isn't the only thing I don't like. Neither do I like that you can only do 1 per hour, that you can't choose the mission type and possibly faction. They really do their name justice in being very abritrary and I'd rather have them as a playground for higher level stuff. I would certainly play them a lot more if I had a choice of what to play.

The death thing is probably my smallest concern with them, I simply find it unnecessary as it doesn't befit how the game functions, as the game starts derailing pretty hard if you stay longer. If the game had a better playing field for such mechanics, sure, punish me for mistakes all you want but it needs to be  mistakes and not some random blow-up I can only vaguely try to escape by general behaviour.

The only thing that bothers me about the revives is the token stuff. You can´t mark them and sometimes pick it up by accident (should work somewhat similar to ayatan star with additional input).

Edited by Arcira

I don't mind reviving other players as long as they help the group in some form or another. Besides, having the ability to be revived by teammates provides an incentive to use frames other than Inaros and the other nigh-immortal tank frames. If the revive system were to be reverted, I feel as though enemy damage (the infamous, invisible, one-shot grenades) could use some looking-at.