Sign in to follow this  
(XB1)TehChubbyDugan

So how much forma are you guys giving out with the coming melee changes?

Every melee weapon falls into one of three categories for me:  Crit, status, useless.  There's a reason no one likes Fang Prime and the machete.

I have 32 forma spread across several melee weapons that all use either the crit or status mods you're about to nerf change.  Just like you've asked us to wait and see how we like the upcoming  changes before complaining about it because we won't know until we play it, there's no way for anyone, devs included, to know how a player will feel about the changes once they've played them, and how much they might want to re-think their build.  How much will we be compensated for the potential changes to our gear?

On top of just the raw forma cost, that's a LOT of weapons and a LOT of potential re-formaing.  Will there be any kind of an affinity booster given out for all the extra work we might have to put in?  Potentially also a bonus affinity weekend or even week?  

I was so hype for the melee rework, and the level of uncertainty surrounding it now has me looking at it more with dread than anything else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

Crit, status, useless.  There's a reason no one likes Fang Prime and the machete.

That's part of why melee weapons are getting such large raw damage buffs, so that raw damage is more viable.

24 minutes ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

Will there be any kind of an affinity booster given out

Stream overview says yes.

With the Melee Phase 2 Changes, and the Vauban and Ember Reworks, Tenno who log in after the update (within a yet-to-be-announced time) will receive Forma, boosters, and a Legendary Core in their inbox to help them respec their gear.

There's more detailed changes here as well if you want to read up on them, though we'll all have to wait for the patch notes to see the final numbers, and then to play around with it to see how things work out.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kyori said:

DE will give the usual 3 forma.

Might wanna change that to X forma per weapon with atleast 1 forma on. If D.E. wants to be generous i would say 1-2 forma per melee weapon in a player`s inventory if if they want to keep it simple but not utterly flood everyone with enough forma for them to do the 100 forma challenges. Since this is not like with Wukong where they only reworked a single warframe with an exalted weapon, this is a massive change of what could be many of them, if its more then just a raw damage increase on the weapons themselves to `compensate` with the new heavy attack system:

Just to give a rough idea, without counting Zaws, i believe i counted about a total of 151 melee weapons, counting variants and such but you could easily take about 20%-40% of those off to likely get a close enough estimate with variants included. Still, that would be around 90~120 weapons, quite a huge amount that i think D.E. might be better off to expect to flood MANY players with forma.

Granted, since we can only assume the most we are seeing is raw damage number increases, that might not even be done at all and at best we might see a dozen or two forma for `minor` adjustments. Very sure i am in the 20~50 range myself since i am not one to throw away my variant weapons that often.

Though seriously: D.E. stop being a jerk to mods like Ice Elemental ones like Cyro rounds and put them in naramon instead of cramming them in Vazarin. Make certain polarties stick with groups of particular mods.

Good examples being:

• Madurai for Damage mods, which already does that for the most part except the silver mods for some reason and a few others.
  • Naramon for non-Damage Support/Gimmick mods, Stuff like Fire rate/Attack speed ones, Bladed Rounds, Spring-loaded blade, Reach, etc. 
  • Vazarin for Utility focused mods, namely things like recoil reduction, reload speed, Zoom or even Ammo-based ones.
  • Zenurik should be gutted from the weapon system, or just have it fill stick as the stance type mods so we can tidy up having to deal with some weapon types having stances with 2-3 different polarities.

Anyway thats just my usual gear-grinding on what needs to come next, to help smooth things out so people do not get cluck`d on some builds and be forced to put absurd amounts of forma just to wedge certain builds together.

Edited by Avienas
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kyori said:

DE will give the usual 3 forma.

Inadequate.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Zebiko said:

Inadequate.

I doubt most melee builds will really change all that much. Besides Primed Fever Strike being Naramon, almost all the mandatory mods are Madurai and that won't really change (I could be wrong though).

I've got every melee with atleast 2 Forma installed, so I'm curious what I get back.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Zebiko said:

Inadequate.

Sure, but they don't actually have to give out anything. Giving out anything at all is generous considering how much revenue basic Forma brings in on the daily...

But no, it's not going to be the usual 3 Forma. I'm fairly sure it's going to be 3 Forma for each frame, a couple of bundles for the Weapons to get you started, and the Booster they mentioned as well to make sure your Forma runs are super effective. If they're smart they'll also make this weekend a double Affinity weekend too, so that it's 4x for everyone that has a Booster.