Sign in to follow this  
Skaleek

Option in settings to Opt out of Host migrations

Hi DE,

If possible (and im pretty sure it is) can you please create a setting where we could select to "opt out" of host migrations? meaning if a migration occurs, i end up in my own instance. I don't understand how this isnt a base function when a host migration fails.

The reason i make this thread is because i was recently host migrated outside of a 3 hr arb survival, and lost everything. It led me to think about how long this has been left in it's current state and how truly awful it is for the game experience as a whole.

Edited by Skaleek
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

So try using alt f4 and when you restart you should be given the option to rejoin. I used to do it all the time in long runs with mates.

Edited by Zilchy

Just now, Zilchy said:

So try using alt f4 and when you restart you should be given the option to rejoin. I do it all the time in long runs with mates.

That's not something a player should have to do to retain their hard work, honestly.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

That's not something a player should have to do to retain their hard work, honestly.

I agree but I'm just offering up a temporary solution to the irritation. I have recovered missions of more than 5 hours this way.

Edited by Zilchy

1 hour ago, Skaleek said:

Hi DE,

If possible (and im pretty sure it is) can you please create a setting where we could select to "opt out" of host migrations? meaning if a migration occurs, i end up in my own instance. I don't understand how this isnt a base function when a host migration fails.

The reason i make this thread is because i was recently host migrated outside of a 3 hr arb survival, and lost everything. It led me to think about how long this has been left in it's current state and how truly awful it is for the game experience as a whole.

There is an option already , play with friends or clan mates 🙂

I want settings to opt out of host migration in 2 specific circumstances:

In a mission with an extraction menu, if the host extracts please override my choice and extract me automatically.

In the orbiter, if the host leaves group, please just leave me alone instead of "migrating" 

4 hours ago, Zilchy said:

So try using alt f4 and when you restart you should be given the option to rejoin. I used to do it all the time in long runs with mates.

If only it kept track of the loot...

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nslay said:

If only it kept track of the loot...

It does. All you will lose is anything they gaines while you were gone. If it's friends they simply wait for you, if not you'll generally be 1 rotation behind the others.

Edited by Zilchy

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

It does. All you will lose is anything they gaines while you were gone. If it's friends they simply wait for you, if not you'll generally be 1 rotation behind the others.

I tried that with an Excavation where migration went wrong and I lost all my hundreds of traces and other drops. I did get my opened relic stuff in my inbox (though not necessarily the stuff I selected!).

38 minutes ago, nslay said:

I tried that with an Excavation where migration went wrong and I lost all my hundreds of traces and other drops. I did get my opened relic stuff in my inbox (though not necessarily the stuff I selected!).

Brutal. Did you try rejoining the squad via communications or did the option pop up on restart? I've sometimes clicked too fast and cleared it off and you only get one chance.

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

Brutal. Did you try rejoining the squad via communications or did the option pop up on restart? I've sometimes clicked too fast and cleared it off and you only get one chance.

Pop up on restart.

3 minutes ago, nslay said:

Pop up on restart.

Then yeh that's really brutal. I've never encountered that tbh. I've done all my long runs with clan mates though so maybe it's cos they tend to wait if it happens.

2 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Then yeh that's really brutal. I've never encountered that tbh. I've done all my long runs with clan mates though so maybe it's cos they tend to wait if it happens.

I think this is easily fixed without anyone needing to alt+f4 or alt tab or whatever... All DE needs to do is the following:

1. Add a timeout counter to the mission loading/migration screen (the one with the ships).
  2. Add a "Cancel/Abort" button to the mission loading/migration screen that is greyed out until the timeout counter expires. This gives the player the option to wait longer if they have misplaced hopes.
  3. When the player cancels/aborts a mission load or host migration, the player is transferred back to Orbiter with his/her drops intact (if any)... as if the player extracted.
  4. The pop up to try to rejoin should then appear as if you crashed or pressed alt+f4 and restarted the game.

1 minute ago, nslay said:

I think this is easily fixed without anyone needing to alt+f4 or alt tab or whatever... All DE needs to do is the following:

1. Add a timeout counter to the mission loading/migration screen (the one with the ships).
  2. Add a "Cancel/Abort" button to the mission loading/migration screen that is greyed out until the timeout counter expires. This gives the player the option to wait longer if they have misplaced hopes.
  3. When the player cancels/aborts a mission load or host migration, the player is transferred back to Orbiter with his/her drops intact (if any)... as if the player extracted.
  4. The pop up to try to rejoin should then appear as if you crashed or pressed alt+f4 and restarted the game.

If they start now they might fix it by 2035.

• Haha 1

Just now, Zilchy said:

If they start now they might fix it by 2035.

Meanwhile, they might add ship ephemera or make the ships look cooler instead of doing that other thing. I kid!

11 hours ago, Spectre-8 said:

There is an option already , play with friends or clan mates 🙂

I didn´t know friends and clan mates are excluded from host migration when the host has a dc... the more you know

Edited by Arcira
  • Applause 1